• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin's Candace Dainty makes the call: June 22 Madison OPEN CARRY RALLY is on!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

smooth wrote:
Excellent work guys!!

Once again our side proves that the only group in America that cannot get it's @#$% together and organize is the right!!

Every one of the groups that are taking away our rights, laugh at us and our bickering. I moved here 6 weeks ago from Arizona and I look around on these threads and I am amazed at how many arm chair quarterbacks there are. Get off your ass and do something or lay down by your food dish and be quiet. This lady was working her ass off on getting this stuff set up and all you guys have done is criticize her efforts.

Nice work!!
Yep, you said that right. I think I am going to start looking for another site to frequent. One where the posters are not so self centered and egotistical. I never really understood why posters from other states were coming into the Wisconsin forum and posting when the movement here had nothing to do with them. It was actually the out of state posters that caused the event to be cancelled from what I gathered from my conversation with Candie.

It is a real shame how certain people think it is all about them.

Adios!

GlocksRfun

imported post

So, is this canceled? I'm having a hard time knowing whats going on in this thread cause it's been hijacked so many times? Could I get an update on this or direct me to an update.

Your gonna get self centered egotistical posts at pretty much every forum. You are egging them on by replying. Kinda like the class clown in elementry school. By you saying ur gonna leave, u let them win. We gotta be strong just to get a little "slice". Don't give up that easy. Suck it up.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

The event has been cancelled.

I never said anything about quitting, just not interested in supporting the individuals that are trying to side track this movement that's all.

DanM

imported post

Pointman wrote:
It seems the differences in opinion lie more with the reason for the event than anything.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The original reason for this event wasn't for open carry and she really didn't wantany gunsthere. Ms. Dainty said in this thread "Our [her group]ultimate goal is a concealed [heremphasis, not mine] carry provision" and "my original plan was to have an Empty Holster Rally." Also, she wanted attendees not to "debate" with the media or anti-gun folks that might be there.

Ms. Dainty was later persuaded to make this anopen carry event, however she didn't seemreally to everget comfortable with the idea that there would beholstered handgunspresent, and the variety that goes along with that, orthe likelihood that open carriers wouldtalk with the media and anti-gunners, to include discussing disagreements. She expressed some opinions which belied her lingering discomforts and, of course, discussion of thoseopinions followed.

I think the lesson to be had from this is if you want an"empty-holster, concealed carry reform, no-debate" event, then stick with that and don't get talked into something you're really not comfortable with likean "open carry" event. I support Ms. Dainty's efforts on behalf of concealed carry reform and holding no-holster events, but I just urge herto resist in the futuregetting talked into something that is outside ofher comfort zone.

Passive101

imported post

WI residents need to stop being divided and work on a single cause. There are many reasons WI and IL don't have any mainstream carry compared to other states and the people in power are not the sole reason.

Both states are heavily divided. People there need to start working together and do one thing at a time since there obviously isn't the percentage of people as other states who are for and want legal carry of average citizens.

They need to start choosing their battles instead of wars.

(Former WI resident)

It's a shame yet another event in the city you people need to focus on is canceled yet again.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

DanM wrote:
I support Ms. Dainty's efforts on behalf of concealed carry reform and holding no-holster events, but I just urge her to resist in the future getting talked into something that is outside of her comfort zone.

OK. Now just wait a minute. You were the one telling her she couldn't do what she wanted to do and 'ban' certain weapons at her event, now you're changing your tune?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Pointman wrote:
You don't need a rally. People know about open carry, and are open carrying right now.
Right - people should be open carrying in Madison. Radio ads will go out in Madison metro area soon. Hold a small event if you want to, but normal open carry is what we need to have happenning right now.