• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yes Or No

DetroitBiker

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
jeesh, cant find anything on the MGO forums that i really want.... (4.5-5'' Barrel, .40 or 9mm, not some strange off-brand clone) ....im getting my permit in a week or so, i guess ill look then
There is a wanted to buy section on MGO also. You can list that your wanting to buy a pistol with such and such requirements like caliber,size,and price range. then say PM me with what you have and a price.

eastmeyers

imported post

FYI to everyone. You have to be 21 to buy or rent a pistol. He can not simply goto the gun shop and try out all of these firearms. Just not going to happen, hell most stores wont even let him handle them untill he is 21, so his best shot is to goto someones house or meet them at the range in order to find out what he wants.

God Bless

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Have someone go with you to Advanced ranges in Burton MI. They let me take my 7 year old daughter to shoot a rented Walther P22. I had to sign something.

Is there some family requirement?

Edited on advice.:)

autosurgeon

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
FYI to everyone. You have to be 21 to buy or rent a pistol. He can not simply goto the gun shop and try out all of these firearms. Just not going to happen, hell most stores wont even let him handle them untill he is 21, so his best shot is to goto someones house or meet them at the range in order to find out what he wants.

God Bless
If say I were to go with him I could rent them and then he could shoot them under my supervision. That is what the local Indoor range over here told me when I asked about this for my sister.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Why?im pretty sure theres no family requirement, just need to be with someone 21 or older, if i wanna call him my brother then i will....if not,....then i wont....

No, 18 or older. See MCL 28.422

(11) This section does not apply to a person who is younger than the age required under subsection (3)(b) and who possesses a pistol if all of the following conditions apply:

(a) The person is not otherwise prohibited from possessing that pistol.

(b) The person is at a recognized target range.

(c) The person possesses the pistol for the purpose of target practice or instruction in the safe use of a pistol.

(d) The person's parent or guardian is physically present and supervising the person.

(e) The owner of the pistol is physically present.

(3)(b):

(b) The person is 18 years of age or older or, if the seller is licensed under 18 USC 923, is 21 years of age or older.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I was thinking of the last time we spoke, my bad.
lol, im 18 now....my bank account transferred to my name and presto! 3.7K....lol...so far ive bought a laptop....now i need a gun, car, ammo, and the rest, if any of its left that is.....goes for school

and lol, no need for the "my bad" its not a big deal

lil_freak_66

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
lol, im 18 now....my bank account transferred to my name and presto! 3.7K....lol...so far ive bought a laptop....now i need a gun, car, ammo, and the rest, if any of its left that is.....goes for school

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=176098

unshot springfield XD .45 tactical with a 5 inch barrel,comes with case and various belt clips(im assuming dual mag pouch and holster they sometimes come with)

he won it at a wild game dinner.

price $450.00 you could probably sweet talk him to 400 if your good at bartering.

that website also is good for vehicles,ive seen everything from ricers and muscle cars to trail jeeps and mud trucks on there,usually for cheap.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=176098

unshot springfield XD .45 tactical with a 5 inch barrel,comes with case and various belt clips(im assuming dual mag pouch and holster they sometimes come with)

he won it at a wild game dinner.

price $450.00 you could probably sweet talk him to 400 if your good at bartering.

that website also is good for vehicles,ive seen everything from ricers and muscle cars to trail jeeps and mud trucks on there,usually for cheap.
That's a good buy for a NIB, even at $450. Bud's Gun Shop is getting close to $600 delivered.