• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys have to stop open carying your rifles in places of business.

FTG-05

Actually there is a third type...

The type that thinks open carry is an absolute right and they should be allowed to carry anywhere with out any consequences.

For the recoord I do believe open carry is a right but people should be responsible about.

Sorry if you don't get that.

[begin edit]

I would not allow those two people in the pic to carry in my house would you?

[/edit]

I would, why wouldn't you. You are not anti-gun, right? Right? Because that's what anti-gunners do: Look at someone with a gun and immediately think: "Criminal!".

FTG-05

You need to wake up as well.

Gun owners all over the USA are upset because OCT members have shut down open carry in places that were fine all across the USA.

Correction: OC Fudds are upset because one fast food place sided with the gun banners. Just like the OC Fudds are.

I don't see the problem. A couple of gun owners enjoyed their right, another anti-gun company was outed and the OC Fudds panties are in a wad.

What is that, win, win, win - or did I miss one!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Correction: OC Fudds are upset because one fast food place sided with the gun banners. Just like the OC Fudds are.

I don't see the problem. A couple of gun owners enjoyed their right, another anti-gun company was outed and the OC Fudds panties are in a wad.

What is that, win, win, win - or did I miss one!

U know this is a pro-OC forum, right?

Your post appears to be disrespecting OCers.

wimwag

What I don't understand is what compels people to stalk other people's facebook accounts. If the media had done it is one thing, but their was no reason for this type of stalking. Unless the stalker is a nut case.

That is the norm among some members of OCDO. I get stalked by two members here on other forums. They just post the same two things over and over again regardless of any actual truth.

It's how you know you're on to something...why else would they make it personal and attack you like that?

Red Dawg

I just have to snicker a ts stuff. Some fudds are so "my way or the highway"...Some of you are doging this guy about his possible like for smoking a little "somethin somethin"..Who cares what he does in his house. You do know in alot of states MJ is legal right? The same guys who are dogging him for wanting to do his thing, will go home and drink a cold beer/cocktail/etc..No where is it stated/implied/inferred that he is stoned and OC..Get over yurselves..OC Long Gun is the only way it's legal to do it in Texas. Guys are working to fix it, but they have a long battle,a nd are doing their best. Help them, or shush..

OC for ME

Gun owners all over the USA are upset because OCT members have shut down open carry in places that were fine all across the USA.
Cite(s)? Or, another appeal to emotion.

You don't like the two dudes cuz they are doing that which you would not do. So, they are bad, and by implication, you are good.

:rolleyes:

SA-TX

Centurion
Let's take Yes for an answer

Cite(s)? Or, another appeal to emotion.

You don't like the two dudes cuz they are doing that which you would not do. So, they are bad, and by implication, you are good.

:rolleyes:

Good news: OC has more awareness in TX than ever. Nearly all high-ranking officeholders have expressed support for some type of OC (even the D nominee for governor!).

If you watched the Senate hearing where C.J. and others testified, you know that the chairman is quite likely on our side. In my opinion, he said 3 things:

1) We hear you. You have our attention.
2) We agree with you. The Lt. Gov. put this item in the charge because he and many others also now recognize the problem.
3) Please help us provide a fix by not creating a backlash. OCers have won the battle now win the war by standing down a bit and let the legislators deliver.

Bills make it through the Legislature the easiest when they have a low profile & not much opposition. Formal anti-gun groups aren't a problem; average Texans upset enough to call their Rep. or Senator are.

We can have licensed OC in this state by the end of this session if we respect the process. Then we can come back session after session and move more towards full liberty. Please, let's take the victory and continue the fight later. Friendly fire at this time will only hurt the cause, not help it.

SA-TX

RoyGBiv

Good news: OC has more awareness in TX than ever. Nearly all high-ranking officeholders have expressed support for some type of OC (even the D nominee for governor!).

If you watched the Senate hearing where C.J. and others testified, you know that the chairman is quite likely on our side. In my opinion, he said 3 things:

1) We hear you. You have our attention.
2) We agree with you. The Lt. Gov. put this item in the charge because he and many others also now recognize the problem.
3) Please help us provide a fix by not creating a backlash. OCers have won the battle now win the war by standing down a bit and let the legislators deliver.

Bills make it through the Legislature the easiest when they have a low profile & not much opposition. Formal anti-gun groups aren't a problem; average Texans upset enough to call their Rep. or Senator are.

We can have licensed OC in this state by the end of this session if we respect the process. Then we can come back session after session and move more towards full liberty. Please, let's take the victory and continue the fight later. Friendly fire at this time will only hurt the cause, not help it.

SA-TX
I agree.

It seems clear to me that several key TX legislators (including our next Governor) have made statements favoring broadening gun rights, including OC. IMO, if the OC crowd stood down their demonstrations and went to the legislature saying "we're prepared for a change of tactics, we realize the negative publicity is hurting our cause", THAT would do the most for moving OC forward.

The people doing the actual work on creating legislation, both legislators and 2A advocates, are going to drop OC like the hot potato it is if guys like these Chipotle schmos keep up this game.

Do I think it should be OK to OC into Chipotle? Absolutely.
Do I think an OC demonstration in Chipotle is a good way to bring down prohibitions? Absolutely not. It's a good way to make the walls taller.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

What about unlicensed OC, the same people can already go out and get a license to conceal and carry a handgun. Many people OC because they want a right, not a privilege they have to beg the state for. Unless I am missing something I thought that most of us supported the RKBA, not a PKBA.

wimwag

What about unlicensed OC, the same people can already go out and get a license to conceal and carry a handgun. Many people OC because they want a right, not a privilege they have to beg the state for. Unless I am missing something I thought that most of us supported the RKBA, not a PKBA.

+1. Why question somebody's right? I see some FUDDery coming from OC friendly states. Maybe it's just a case of don't know what you got until it's gone...

RoyGBiv

There are 2 ways to change laws...

1. Work within the current legislative body to bring about new law.
2. Vote out legislators that do not agree with you, and vote in those that do.

There have been some very well done OC demonstrations in Texas that have generated many more positives than negatives.
This is "Working within the current legislative body".... (quoting HffPo as a source on purpose, so you can see that even HuffPo wasn't alarmist about this event)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/19/alamo-gun-rally_n_4129565.html

These Chipotle idiots are doing VASTLY more harm than good to our chances of inducing positive change in TX legislation during the 2015 Session. The net result of their activity is that ordinary folks, people who don't typically care one way or the other about OC are now calling their state representatives and asking them to "do something about it". I'm confident that if events like the Chipotle walk continue, our chances of seeing positive OC legislation in 2015 decrease, and the chances of negative OC legislation increase.

Here's a good post over at LI
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/05/op-ed-open-carry-activists-score-yet-another-own-goal/

WalkingWolf

There are 2 ways to change laws...

1. Work within the current legislative body to bring about new law.
2. Vote out legislators that do not agree with you, and vote in those that do.

There have been some very well done OC demonstrations in Texas that have generated many more positives than negatives.
This is "Working within the current legislative body".... (quoting HffPo as a source on purpose, so you can see that even HuffPo wasn't alarmist about this event)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/19/alamo-gun-rally_n_4129565.html

These Chipotle idiots are doing VASTLY more harm than good to our chances of inducing positive change in TX legislation during the 2015 Session. The net result of their activity is that ordinary folks, people who don't typically care one way or the other about OC are now calling their state representatives and asking them to "do something about it". I'm confident that if events like the Chipotle walk continue, our chances of seeing positive OC legislation in 2015 decrease, and the chances of negative OC legislation increase.

Here's a good post over at LI
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/05/op-ed-open-carry-activists-score-yet-another-own-goal/

IMO BLOOMING idiots within the gun community pointing fingers at others because they are skeered by them, are causing vastly more harm, and undoing the good the actual activists are doing. Just my take...

Bernymac

IMO BLOOMING idiots within the gun community pointing fingers at others because they are skeered by them, are causing vastly more harm, and undoing the good the actual activists are doing. Just my take...

I have similar view.

Question...which group of people(pro-gun or anti-gun) can we attribute to say things like:

You guys should conceal carry only!
You guys should not open carry!
The way you think should get you barred from owning a firearm!
The way you look should keep you from owning a firearm!
You guys are scaring people with your firearms!
Don’t pose with your guns like that!
Don’t get your pictures taken with a gun like that!
You people carrying your firearms in restaurants are a bunch of idiots!
Our way is the only way to do things right and to get things done!
It’s people like you who get our rights taken away!

Anyone? Anyone? :shocker:

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Not exactly. But I'm with you in general.

There are some exceptions that are not known very well, especially by police, and are disputed in meaning.

So, yes, I should say it is practically the only legal way for them to carry.