• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

wylde007

I'll be curious what corporate says too.
We've been over and over and over this Wal Mart corporate crap.

Their corporate policy is to abide by the laws of the state in which their stores are located. Individual store management has no say in who can buy what in their stores.

The whole thing is starting to sound like a broken record.

ocholsteroc

thank you very much.. i knew it had to be a gun of some sort but....with my luck lately...lol

I have no problems at my walmart. I ask for ammo and I buy my ammo no problems. I have HAD A PROBLEM before I started OCing, happen a few months ago. I went to buy shotgun ammo, was told you MUST BE 21 to buy ammo for anything. I said no I am not going be turned down, and talked to a manager and got my product. :banana:

Really if your that close to a gun store/range I rather support them than a big box mart store. I am about 20-30 mins out.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=30

Pink-Mos-detail-L.jpg

I had heard a number of problems with the Mosquito so I went with a Walther P22 for my daughters to train with. I didn't get the pink one though. :)

Strange question here, your photo (AVATAR) MATCHES this sig model pink, LOL ??:rolleyes: you really own a pink gun :p ?

Last edited:

lttlreddvlnChesVa

We've been over and over and over this Wal Mart corporate crap.

Their corporate policy is to abide by the laws of the state in which their stores are located. Individual store management has no say in who can buy what in their stores.

The whole thing is starting to sound like a broken record.

thank you wylde... I will keep that statement in mind when i speak with them.
micki

lttlreddvlnChesVa

I have no problems at my walmart. I ask for ammo and I buy my ammo no problems. I have HAD A PROBLEM before I started OCing, happen a few months ago. I went to buy shotgun ammo, was told you MUST BE 21 to buy ammo for anything. I said no I am not going be turned down, and talked to a manager and got my product. :banana:

Really if your that close to a gun store/range I rather support them than a big box mart store. I am about 20-30 mins out.

no Ocholsteroc... I drive from indian river area in chesapeake to vb to shot.. I also havent worked in two years since a drunk driver decided to change my world, so sometimes my saving 3 bucks a box helps. When I shot, yes i am still new to owning a handgun, so putting out 300 rounds to keep practicing isnt anything. But I have to keep practicing as that drunk driver broke my neck and i lose my left arm at times when it isnt convientant for me,, ie shotting.. so the more i shot the more i can train my right side to take the slack if i lose my arm. That also probably made no sense to anyone but i undestand myself LOL

Thanks \micki

ocholsteroc

no Ocholsteroc... I drive from indian river area in chesapeake to vb to shot.. I also havent worked in two years since a drunk driver decided to change my world, so sometimes my saving 3 bucks a box helps. When I shot, yes i am still new to owning a handgun, so putting out 300 rounds to keep practicing isnt anything. But I have to keep practicing as that drunk driver broke my neck and i lose my left arm at times when it isnt convientant for me,, ie shotting.. so the more i shot the more i can train my right side to take the slack if i lose my arm. That also probably made no sense to anyone but i undestand myself LOL

Thanks \micki

Sorry to hear that, I did not know.

45acpForMe

Strange question here, your photo (AVATAR) MATCHES this sig model pink, LOL ??:rolleyes: you really own a pink gun :p ?

Gufaw, it is "ROSEWOOD" not pink! :) I am secure in my manhood but got my daughters a black Walther P22 and told the salesman not to mention to my daughters that it also came in pink! I figure better resale value down the road maybe.

Have you seen kwikrnu's wifes hello kitty rifle? It looks great but too much like a toy for me. :) Here is the only picture I could find of another Hello Kitty rifle.
Hello_Kitty.jpg

I personally like Kwikrnu's better but couldn't find it.

And by the way my two stainless 1911's also have ROSEWOOD grips NOT pink! :lol:

OC-ed to the gunshow (not many people there) and got what I came for. :)

Last edited:

t33j

Hiked Old Rag OCing all the way up and down. It was the most packed I have ever seen it. Two park rangers at the top eventually noticed and asked my friend (who was much closer than I) if I was in law enforcement and if I had a permit. I shouted (as was appropriate for the distance) that I didn't need one! Climbed back up towards my friend later to make some tea and got asked by the female ranger what I was carrying (USPC). I correctly guessed theirs (Sig P228 and Sig P220) and talked guns with them for about 5 minutes.
Cici's on Broad St. North of Richmond and 7-11 at the 33-15 traffic circle North of Gordonsville

sst0185

OC'd at the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo on Saturday, they had a car show going on. What a cool place, had a few questions about my Hk all positive though. Was going to go to the zombie run on Friday but didn't make it.

Going to Wal-mart on Lynnhaven Wed night to buy some more ammo.

Someone here is messing with my avatar, what is the deal.

ocholsteroc

OC to farm fresh and then to my fav chinese restaurant, I told him about OC he doesn't mind :) . Then went to walmart to get some stuff and home. No problems, other than I can not walk today a storm is about to hit.. Forgot, got a few looks in farmfresh, I do not go there often so they do not know me :p

Last edited:

fully_armed_biker

Went to the gun show Saturday and got a Kel-Tec P11 for my wife, for CC...and of course I'll CC it occasionally too. I had done some basic research before hand...read a few online reviews, and the general concensus was it as a good all around CC weapon. Last night while doing a little more looking (like trying to find if it can handle 9MM +P ammo...still haven't been able to find if it can) I found something interesting. The P11 comes with one 10 round double stack magazine. They have a 12 round magazine available for it; but, the reviews I read said the 12 round magazine has a tendency for the rounds to nose dive because they actually take a 10 round mag and take out part of the follower that helps stabalize the rounds in the magazine as it feeds, to accomodate the two extra rounds.. Then I found a site that talked about the fact that the magazine design is identical to the Smith & Wesson 59 & 69 series handguns...and those magazines can be used in it. Obviously sticking a 20 round magazine in it will leave quite a bit of the mag hanging out of the gun; but, for at the range or as spare mags...it's nice to know there are options available to make sure we can carry plenty of rounds for it.

BTW over the weekend I OC'd at the gun show, the Panera's at Towne Center in VA Beach (also walked around Towne Center too), and all the usual places around my neighborhood...BJ's, Wal-Mart, Harris Teeter, WaWa, and Food Lion.

sst0185

I had a p11 for almost two years before I gave it to my dad. Good gun, the only negative thing I found out about it is the take down pin can work its way out when shooting it. I never had that problem and I would put a hundred rounds through it every time I took it to the range. I did my own little torture test on it, ran 500 rounds through it (not in one range visit) without cleaning it, only one stove pipe on around the 300 round count.

OC'd in Home Depot last night, and Koi Sushi

USNA69

Kel-tec p11

I have owned a P11 for about a year. Here is web site you may find intersting, many comments and tips from KT owners.
http://www.ktog.org/reviews-p11.htm
http://www.ktog.org/accessories.htm
http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks.htm

I purchased the Trigger Shoe and Magazine Grip Extension from the KEL-TEC Store:
http://www.keltecweapons.com/store/p-11-accessories/
After you fire it a few times, you may wish to consider those accessories.

My P11 is blued. I CCed mine much of the summer, then noticed some rust on the slide, where it had been in contact with bare skin/perspiration. Not uncommon, I found, after some research. Good info here:
http://ingunowners.com/forums/handguns/46228-kel-tec_rust.html

The option to electroplate was interesting, but I opted to first try some EEZOX, based on comments on another forum.

Last edited:

wylde007

Closed on a piece of property (sadly, not quite large enough for a private range :( ) yesterday. Nobody seemed to notice and, if they did, they didn't care.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

OC-ed to a few usual places Exxon, Food Lion no issues.

A friend used his phone to video me shooting my new can. It is the first time I have seen myself shooting and noticed I am leaning back more than I thought. Other than that it was a fun shooting session trying the Ti-Rant on my Sig Equinox and H&K CT Tactical.

http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb471/45acpForMe/?action=view&current=VIDEO0002.mp4

http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb471/45acpForMe/?action=view&current=VIDEO0004.mp4

Is that your new "toy" ? you picked up after 6 months :p nice. How much does the sound go down? you got one of those decibel readers?

Today 5 mile walk, my neighbour was out and walking his dogs, he knows I carry and I gave him one of my cards. I went to walmart had to return a item, the greater said nothing and I have seen this greater in the past. I ran into the security guard I met before, hes very nice, returned my item and went on shopping. When I left my Grandfather said something to the greater about something, and the greater asked about my gun. He told the greater its legal in VA, the greater said why you need a gun? I said because self defence, criminals have them, I need to protect myself. I tryed to give the greater one of my cards but said no.... I should have said something better than that but it was a quick go out the door talk. I had milk so I was in a rush.

45acpForMe

Is that your new "toy" ? you picked up after 6 months :p nice. How much does the sound go down? you got one of those decibel readers?

<snip>

Yes that is my new toy that I PAID for 7 months ago and the BATFE just recently blessed me to own. :)

At the indoor range (there were other people shooting) the sound was lower but not quiet by any means. I am waiting to take it to an outdoor range to see how much better it is. In all the excitement I forgot to bring a cup to dip it in water to see how much better it was wet. Typically suppressors work best wet.