• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper shooting

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If I can hear you from outside your house, such as standing on where a sidewalk would be if there was one, makes it "in public".

And while I may be tolerant of a well-crafted discourse on the characteristics of another, the all-too-frequent use of a limited number of relationship- and hygiene-oriented terms is not only the indication of a lack of language skills but also just plain annoying. (Yses, I have high expectations. Which is why I am so often disappointed. I need to find a planet with a better class of homo sapiens!)

stay safe.

sawah

If I can hear you from outside your house, such as standing on where a sidewalk would be if there was one, makes it "in public".

And while I may be tolerant of a well-crafted discourse on the characteristics of another, the all-too-frequent use of a limited number of relationship- and hygiene-oriented terms is not only the indication of a lack of language skills but also just plain annoying. (Yses, I have high expectations. Which is why I am so often disappointed. I need to find a planet with a better class of homo sapiens!)

stay safe.

Yes, but to LEOs typically arrest for this? Not really. Do they get all upset and yell at people for doing it? Not that much, unless the person is yelling epithets at the LEO himself. So it seems spurious that he'd react to this woman's yelling at her husband on behalf of the 'kids'. I don't believe his account is credible, but it's probably unimpeachable sorry to say in this case.

Sheriff

I will never figure out why he lost his temper so badly.

I guess it just happens to some cops for reasons we will never understand.

Even if a suspect or defendant succeeded in upsetting me so much, I sure wouldn't act like that and let them know they succeeded!

Last edited:

zekester

The cop in this video has a good reason to use profanity.

He therefore gets a free pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVNp9-izUI

Pissed...hell yeah,,,profanity, bring it on....Threat...."I will kill your ass!!".....hmmm....if I said that, would I not be arrested?

It would not even take a video, just a few people pissed off at me that said I made that statement!!

Damn good thing, and I mean a DAMN good thing!!!!!....The boy's in blue are exempt...again!!

Caught up in the moment...I am sure...but a "citizen"...(which by the way a cop is!!!) can be put in any situation and be charged for some bogus infraction.

Does it matter....not really...how else can we justify police officers who charge anyone for petty crap, instead of going after the "real' criminals in this country!!

Don't get me wrong....the police have to deal with scum of the earth most of the time, and show up 20 minutes after the fact, but they need to realize that we are just people too, just as they are, and emotions can take over a situation..

Oh bummer,,,,doesn't matter....YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL!!!.....

Justification!!!

I have to justify my job by sales everyday. If I don't perform, I will be fired...simple as that...what does a cop do?...

It has been ruled that they are not here to protect us...Have you noticed the police cars have taken off the "Serve and Protect" logo? It is because SCOTUS says the have no obligation to protect us.

Which leaves only serve...well..maybe a warrant, but I can see nothing else they can "SERVE"...

Like in most work, you justify yourself the best way you know how.....don't think for one minute (or 20 minutes) the cops don't do the same thing!

The cop in the video should have just hit the suspects car harder and saved us some money!!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
http://www.nbc29.com/story/18649855/culpeper-police-officer-indicted-in-february-fatal-shooting

.....has been charged with one count of murder, malicious shooting into an occupied vehicle, malicious shooting into an occupied vehicle resulting in a death, and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

Looks like you were wrong Sheriff.

Now the facts will come out. He's been indicted, he's innocent until proven guilty and the facts won't get covered up. Let's see where it goes.

Blk97F150

And here is an interesting little tidbit....

http://wtop.com/120/2883010/Va-police-officer-charged-in-womans-shooting

Harmon-Wright's mother, Bethany Sullivan, has been indicted on three counts of forgery and three counts of uttering of public documents.

Prosecutors say Sullivan was the administrative assistant to the Chief of the Culpeper Police Department. They say Sullivan went into her son's personnel file and got rid of negative stuff about him.