• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

45acpForMe

Jim, I've seen your computer work area in the Man Cave and it doesn't look like that.
You don't have all those guns in a rack on the floor.
Yours are more tastefully arranged on the walls and hanging from the ceiling!

:-D

OC-ed to Plaza Azteca for dinner. Indigestion abounds.....

My display of guns is more along the pistol side. I would love to have all those rifles especially the 50BMG!

ocholsteroc

Fake guns there?

M249, belt fed (loaded)... noob tube launcher(demilled?)

Anyways thats a good picture beside that.

Walmart, Farm Fresh, Golden Corral wait was like 5 mins. I parked then the handicap spot freed up so I moved over and our friend stepped in the door and we followed him in.

(guns on the right look fake) 50cal for a hummer, AT4 rocket?

I seen people do that, mix fake guns with their own real guns.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Fake guns there?

M249, belt fed (loaded)... noob tube launcher(demilled?)

Anyways thats a good picture beside that.

Walmart, Farm Fresh, Golden Corral wait was like 5 mins. I parked then the handicap spot freed up so I moved over and our friend stepped in the door and we followed him in.

(guns on the right look fake) 50cal for a hummer, AT4 rocket?

I seen people do that, mix fake guns with their own real guns.

Look just above and behind the guns on the right. There is also a mini-gun there. Clearly a fake photo, but funny nonetheless.

Hmmm...on topic. I OCed at the Taco Bell in Burke while typing in this Hampton Roads thread. Does that count?

Last edited:

gm2max

Pulled over by Portsmouth PD today for not completely stopping at stop sign. Started voice recorder on my phone as I turned off the ignition. My glock was on the passenger seat. Officer had no problem with it. He said "I won't pull mine if you don't." I mentioned I was a CHP holder, and he checked my licence and registration. Was happy about it. Gave me a warning. Overall, "great" experience.

gm2max

burger king 2 nights ago, bottom dollar this morning. I keep getting weird looks. And continue to get great customer service. No issues.

GreatDaneMan

Green Bri/Mil Circle boston markets again. No problems. Rt 17 Dismal Swamp Trail OC'd on bike ...only issue was that my back tire went flat and had to walk the last 3 miles, after it got dark. Was expecting a park ranger to come chew us out for staying after dark/hours.. hard to avoid with a mechanical failure. Glad I ditched the water bottle for the .45 in its place with all the wildlife.

Spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to OC while on bike, wearing jacket (Still waiting on CHP), too broke to afford multiple holsters.
It clipped on the bottle rack very securely.

332402_2392612059563_1378753457_32657873_1666721089_o.jpg

Last edited:

sparkman2

First time.

After a longtime of conceal carrying in the Hampton Roads area, I opened carried for the first time today. I was shopping in a Food Lion. I noticed that people really didn't care for the most part. Sure I got my stares and a few "stink eyes" from some people, but I didn't pay them no mind. I went about my way and did what I came there to do...to buy some 7-up and some Pasta Roni.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

After a longtime of conceal carrying in the Hampton Roads area, I opened carried for the first time today. I was shopping in a Food Lion. I noticed that people really didn't care for the most part. Sure I got my stares and a few "stink eyes" from some people, but I didn't pay them no mind. I went about my way and did what I came there to do...to buy some 7-up and some Pasta Roni.

7-up & Pastaroni make an interesting dinner. :) Welcome which general area are you in? I was OC-ing at the Food Lion in York County earlier today. As I recommend with all people, watch for an OC dinner to meet others and ask questions and read up on the laws and know your rights. VCDL is also a great organization to join if you are serious about defending your 2A rights. :)

One time I went to Food Lion and got a few stink eyes and I assumed it was because of my OC until I looked down and realized my coat had covered it. So not all stink-eyes are 2A related. :) Most people either don't notice or don't care. I even had a young man thank me for carrying in that same Food Lion a week or two ago.

GreatDaneMan

I had to grin over that GDM!:lol:

A man riding a Trek and too broke to buy a holster.

Well... it was 85 bucks off craigslist...soo...yeh.... Lol. Like-new condition no miles. I cant pass up a deal. I pretty much only buy when I get a hell of a deal. For example I never would of bought a jetta untill my friend offered me a 8000 dollar jetta for 4500..Driving a VW now. I also ranked a healthy piece of equipment more important than a holster. Not to mention the only ones I like so far are the Crossbreed and Blackhawk, the blackhawk isnt made for my Taurus and the crossbreed...well...CHP still hasnt come in. I been trying to keep an eye open for black friday holsters.

I really am one cheap bastard. Ill spend 600 on a Beretta or Taurus 92 before I go spend 40 on another holster for my current gun . LOL. Im broke in my mind. I make 600 a month. It pays the bills and anything fancy I spend out of savings, I managed to pick up the trek last week with my weekly pay. Im in college...but not really. Kind of an apprenticeship program that pays me minimal instead of me shelling out coin. It will work out in the end.

The Trek is really the only thing iv spent money on after leaving my money-making job. The gun I am still paying the CC bill for. I considered it a needed debt.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well... it was 85 bucks off craigslist...soo...yeh.... Lol. Like-new condition no miles. I cant pass up a deal. I pretty much only buy when I get a hell of a deal. For example I never would of bought a jetta untill my friend offered me a 8000 dollar jetta for 4500..Driving a VW now. I also ranked a healthy piece of equipment more important than a holster. Not to mention the only ones I like so far are the Crossbreed and Blackhawk, the blackhawk isnt made for my Taurus and the crossbreed...well...CHP still hasnt come in. I been trying to keep an eye open for black friday holsters.

I really am one cheap bastard. Ill spend 600 on a Beretta or Taurus 92 before I go spend 40 on another holster for my current gun . LOL. Im broke in my mind. I make 600 a month. It pays the bills and anything fancy I spend out of savings, I managed to pick up the trek last week with my weekly pay. Im in college...but not really. Kind of an apprenticeship program that pays me minimal instead of me shelling out coin. It will work out in the end.

The Trek is really the only thing iv spent money on after leaving my money-making job. The gun I am still paying the CC bill for. I considered it a needed debt.

You have the markings of a fine horse trader. That alone is worth more than gold.