• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Citizen

1. C

Zombie cows & other related trivia

Hi, fellas. Soooo much water has passed under the bridge these many years. In an idle moment this evening, I asked myself, "why not check in on OCDO?" Of course, that engendered the next question to myself, "which thread?" Could there be any other response than the thread that never actually...
  2. C

"Brandishing" as justification for LEO's use of deadly force

Stop it. You're in danger of me offering to marry you daughter.
  3. C

Thanks, Doug. Nice to see you, too.
  4. C

Only a guy like you could pull me out of "retirement". (Readers should understand that I say that with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Not because of my grey hair and long absence from this forum, but because near as I can tell he's retired twice from two very productive professions. Plus, he...
  5. C

Anniversary Today; Gov't Grabbed More Power

My hat is off to the fellow who alerted me to this. I name and link him below. Today is the anniversary of an incident where government grabbed more power. "Yawn", you say? "Which day of the year is left when government did not grab more power?", you ask? "There are only 365 days in a year...
  6. C

Favor Owed--Fourth Amendment dot Com

Several years ago, the host of FourthAmendment.com, an experienced litigator and criminal defense attorney, commented favorably on a post of mine. Here is my chance to repay the favor. Below is a quote from his blog which follows 4th Amendment (search and seizure) cases around the country...
  7. C

Shower Gun

I just stumbled across this, fellas. Hilarity warning: just sit down on the floor now, before clicking play--because you're going to fall in the floor laughing before the end of the clip. I needed an oxygen bottle, myself--I was suffocating with laughter. Of course, there is a very serious...
  8. C

An Important Analysis for Any Practitioner

Those are the words of John Wesley Hall. I've been reading this fella's search-and-seizure blog for years. When Mr. Hall makes that kind of comment, I sit up and take notice. Want a fast breakdown of your rights during a police encounter? Want to know where the boundaries are? Want to get a...
  9. C

225th Anniversary of the Bill of Rights

Whew! I almost forgot! But, made it in just under the wire by a few hours. Hopefully, readers will discover this thread with just enough time left in their evening for a private, inward celebration. ------------------------------------------ December 15th, 1791. The Bill of Rights is...
  10. C

For the Southern Boys Among Us

Fellas, I stumbled across this tonight. I have to say it is now my favorite version. Ordinarily, I drink my whiskey straight, with a piece of ice. After listening to this, I think most Southern boys will understand why my whiskey tonight was a bit diluted...
  11. C

Six Medals in Six Olympics

Our shooter has medaled in six consecutive Olympics. Yet, she is all but ignored. Thank god for the internet and the alternative media, or I never would have known. http://takimag.com/article/muzzled_joe_bob_briggs/print#axzz4IRnpSe7o
  12. C

We Hold These Truths To Be Self-Evident...

This summer marks my tenth anniversary of interest in gun rights. Think back to the summer of '06 when immigration was the social hot topic, and the UN was moving against possession of small arms. A lot of water has passed under the bridge for me. A lot of reading about history and rights...
  13. C

Democratic Restores Rights to Felons

Oh ho ho ho. http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/04/mcauliffe-restores-voting-rights-to-200000-felons/ Now, of course, we all know that Carpetbagger Terry cannot over-ride federal law against felons possessing guns (more's the pity). And, I conclude he was just restoring rights to get more...
  14. C

Best Wishes This Easter

May you find peace in Christ's demonstration of The Resurrection--that a man has the capacity for Eternal Life, that the thing behind the eyes that is aware of itself is immortal. And, may you find peace in Christ's message of Redemption. May your reflections bear fruit and bring you new...
  15. C

Self-Ejecting Revolver? Hilarity!

Put down beverages; cover your keyboards! No. Really. I mean it. If anybody can screenshot this before it disappears, please do. http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/03/warrant-shell-casing-found-on-fleeing-virginia-mans-body/ This story has been "developing" for the last few days. Earlier...