• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. L

Culpeper/Warrenton OC Dinner - April 22 in Warrenton

imported post We'll come back to Warrenton for our April dinner... the turn out was so great last time! Save the date: April 22. How about we meet up at: Mojitos & Tapas Cuban Restaurant 251 West Lee Hwy Suite #157 Warrenton, VA 20186 (540) 349-8833 phone This is in the Petco/Boarders Books...
  2. L

Culpeper (Monthly?) OC Dinner and Meet n' Greet 1/28 7PM

imported post Hi All, I have been in PM contact with Regular Joe who organized the first OC Dinner in Culpeper back in December. I was really bummed that I was out of the country on a business trip when that dinner happened. We've talked about how to proceed with the Culpeper area dinners and...
  3. L

Culpeper National Cemetery posted...

imported post OK, this is a new one for me. On my commute home I go past the enterance for Culpeper National Cemetery. Today I noticed a newbright blue sign just inside the enterance, so being a nosy kind of guy I stopped to look. Here is what I saw: 18 USC 930 is, of course, the Possession...
  4. L

I carried concealed in a restaurant last night!

imported post ... in Minnesota. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Seriously folks... on vacation - using my Utah permit. MN doesn't have our silly ABC License rule. I was amazed. My weapon did not try to order a beer, get drunk or unruly, jump out of my holster, or randomly begin shooting...
  5. L

Livitup's lesson on brandishing

imported post I havea friend who is new to personal defense firearms and is eager to learn about firearms related laws, OC, CC, etc. He and I toss around ideas with the hope to educate eachother. Reciently he asked me the following question. As I have learned to do from this forum, I prepared...
  6. L

WTT G23 for similar sized non Glock

imported post Without opening the can of worms that is Glock vs. everything else... I have decided that Glock is not for me. I have a G23 (compact .40 S&W) that I bought used at Gander Mountain about a year ago. I think it was a LEO resale, as the single magazine that came with it has a 3...
  7. L

FS: SERPA Holster for 1911

imported post Hope the for sale ad is ok here... I have a matte black Serpa CQC for a 5" 1911 or clone for sale. In excellent condition, worn twice. I have the belt attachment on it and the paddle to go with it. Would like $40 for it, but drop me a line and we'll talk. Available for delivery...
  8. L

What to expect at a VA CHP class?

imported post My wife is signing up for a CHP class at the Gander Mountain in Frederickburg. She's apprehensive, mainly because she doesn't know what to expect. I never took a class because I used my police experience as proof of competency. I keep telling her it is no big deal, it's just a...
  9. L

Pocket style holster for non pocket guns?

imported post Hey everyone, Not technically an OC question, but I know you guys better than any other gun forum gang... The better half is taking an interest in shooting and self protection so I did what any sensible man would do, I bought her a gun! A XD-9 subcompact, to be precice. So now...
  10. L

Traveling to TX with (reciprocal) VA CHP... any tips?

imported post Hi everyone, I realize this is an OC forum, but I know we have a good group of folks here with their ears to the ground, so please forgive the Off Topic post... I'll be flying into Dallas for a business trip in a few weeks. TX honors my VA permit so I plan to bring along my...
  11. L

Utah Non-Resident Permit Class

imported post Hey all, I will be traveling to MN for the holidays and would like to secure a Utah permit before then since MN doesn't recognize my VA. Philip Van Cleave from VCDL is a certified Utah instructor. I'm trying to drum up interest for a Utah class in VA. I'd like to get a headcount...
  12. L

November Richmond GTG - Third Tuesday Crew

imported post I'll kick off the thread this time. Family and I had a great time at the October meet, so let's kick off the planning for this time. Third Tuesday is November 21. We stay in town for Thanksgiving, so I'm game. Anyone else? I'll let the locals pick the place, just let me know and...
  13. L

Anti's just can't get it can they...

imported post I know this has nothin' to do with nothin, but I needed a place to vent. I frequent a photography forum and someone posted a question about the "high capacity" magazine ban in an off-topic forum of the site. Of course that started a huge firestorm... Here are some choice...
  14. L

Virginia State Fair?

imported post We had a bunch of fliers for the VA state fair at work and I thought it would be fun to take my family to the fair this year. Possibly a better situation for CC than OC, depending on the density of people there, but is any type of carry an option? I scoured the fair's official...
  15. L

My First Time OCing!!!

imported post Well, guys (and gal!) I did it, I'm no longer an OC virgin! I needed a book, and the nearest decent book stores are Fredericksburg and Warrenton. I chose Fredericksburg, so off I and Mr. USP go! 1st stop: 7-11 in Chancelor on the way for some water and chap stick. Nobody even...
  16. L

Belt - Do you have a special carry belt?

imported post I'm getting ready to finally start carrying regularly. Before I realized that OC was really gaining acceptance I tried to CC, but usually didn'tmuchbecause I couldn't find a good way to conceal my full size USP. OC of course makes that unnecessary, but I still want a clean...