• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Russ Forest County Park. No Firerams Sign

imported post My original account got lost some how, so I'll be posting under this one for now. Formerly of the handle "BreakingTheMold" So welcomes are not needed :D The Park I believe is run by the county. So who should i contact to get them removed, or at least reworded "no hunting"? Or...
  2. B

My local pro shop has a restauraunt/bar in it.

imported post I started this instead of hijacking Stainless's thread. As the title says my local store, Lunkers in edwardsburg MI. Has a restaurant in the middle of store called "Anglers Inn", the Inn has a bar inside of it. 1) Can i not leave firearms in the car while entering the store...
  3. B

Berrien county meetup

imported post I was wondering if there was anyone else from Berrien county on this forum? Have there been any OC events in this county? OC is very common in Mishawaka and South Bend, just south of where i live. But the ST Joesph area is a Grey area for me. IIRC the Berrien County sheriff...
  4. B

Do you carry while you Jog/run?

imported post Does anyone have a good setup for running or jogging? I carry full size when I'm hiking, but then it's hardly noticeable(the weight). But i have never tried to take it with me jogging, because elastic waste bands don't offer many options. Doesnt matter if its a revolver or semi...
  5. B

MI CPLicensing praised

imported post http://heraldpalladium.com/articles/2010/03/21/local_news/1292172.txt Better then i thought it would be at first. Though i don't think there should be any licensing.
  6. B

Gun went off during attempted pistol whip

imported post I don't normally post articles from around here, since most of your are on the other side of the state, but i read this i couldn't help. http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100317/News01/100319519/-1/xml "However, a police spokesman said the gun may have misfired when a...
  7. B

Holster color

imported post I'm curious how many people carry in what color of OWB holster. I'd think black would blend with most sidearms and clothing better. But a light leather brown sends a positive message, IMO. Do you think the public perceives a black on black gun and holster differently then a...
  8. B

500 AK47s please

imported post I'm starting breakfast for my wife when accross the TV comes the new season of South Park. I listen for a moment to see if the new season will be anything worth watching. When near the end I see the character: Cartman, say "ill take 500 ak47s please". South Park likes to get...
  9. B

OC on a boat?

imported post Been looking up my states, thought i'd post the question to you all. Refering to inland waters, not off shore.
  10. B

OC w/o CPL on a boat.

imported post Only thing i can find on this is that the gun has to be encased and unloaded while the boat is moving and and still maintains momentum. Which is workable, but very....pointless. I found an old thread about it and instead of necro-posting I started a new thread. There was no cite...
  11. B

How did you find out about OC?

imported post I simply googled across it one day shortly after purchasing my first handgun. I've wondered this for a long time. Especially since the influx of new people.
  12. B

Recruit a friend day

imported post I recently met back up with a girl who I knew well in high school. She has since gotten engaged and had 2 girls. Eventually we got to talking about her current neighbor hood, South bends west/SW side. And she tells me she cant have a big dog or anything. To which i respond you...
  13. B

"Scout mounting" Pistol scopes on carbines

imported post I'm looking to put some kind of pistol scope in between the front sight post and the carry handle. I've found several that will be in the right eye relief distance. I will also most likely co-witness with the iron sights. My question is Are there too many drawbacks to make this...
  14. B

Ad at the Top of the page

imported post http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?p=2199241 I was about to close the page on the link to a thread that seems to be closed. When I read the Ad at the top of the page I couldn't help but give a half hearted chuckle. If it's not in your hands. It's in the wrong hands. I...
  15. B

Citizens arrest for felonies?

imported post While my fiance was walking dogs this morning(she works nights and i work days) by her self. It's icy on our dirt road to say the least. She was still just in front of our house wearing reflective clothes. When a jeep coming down the road accelerated and swerved towards her. She...
  16. B

Who can you take target shooting with you

imported post For some reason i want to say they cannot, but i can't seem to find a cite. I want to say I've read one before though. I recently went shooting with some other friends from HS, word travels in a small town, so naturally i got a few phone calls. I've taken both people before...
  17. B

Fiancee found this

imported post I've heard this song before, but I've never seen the "video". Not 100% on topic but i thought some might be interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHOppmnz_4
  18. B

Carrying a handgun "taken down" in a vehicle

imported post 750.227d Transporting or possessing firearm in or upon motor vehicle or self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel; conditions; violation as misdemeanor; penalty. Sec. 227d. (1) Except as otherwise permitted by law, a person shall not transport or possess in or upon a...
  19. B

How long in between taking the CPL class, and application date

imported post I'm not yet 21, but I'm curious if I can take the class now, and just apply when I turn 21 (9 months). I can't find anything about it online, so I was hoping someone here knows more about it.
  20. B

MSP/FFL : Cannot own any handgun not given as a gift until over 21

imported post I was told by a member on this board that you must be 21 to buy a pistol. I informed him that only pertained to pistols bought from an FFL. And that so long as the Permit to Purchase was in hand, there was absolutely no reason someone under 21,but over 18 could not buy a pistol...