• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

millstone theatre fayetteville not open carey friendly

I was open carrying while attempting to enter the millstone theater when the manager told me they do not allow firearms in the building. I politely informed that I did not see any signs posted on the door prohibiting carry. He then, rather combatively, told me they aren't required to post and...
  2. T

HB 937 passes the general assembly. Goes to governor

Will cite when I get home. On my phone. Looks like they passed: Restaurant carry Places where admission is charged Limited campus carry State parking lots Clarified recreational facilities They kept the pp in place but added some rules for sheriff departments. They can't limit the number...
  3. T

Gold Carry State

Gold carry state my ...you know what. No restaurant carry, a "permit to purchase" requirement, and OC is not entirely prempted. What a joke. We gotta get this stuff fixed. Just sayin.
  4. T

New to Fayetteville

Greetings, I just pcsd (moved) to Fort Bragg and I was wondering there were any ocrs around Fayetteville. I also wondered if anyone knew what the rules were about carrying on the roads that go through Fort Bragg but DO NOT go through an access gate like NC-87. I have a KY CCW (we kept our...
  5. T

Coming to Georgia

Greetings! In a few days I'll coming to your fine state for Temporary Duty (Infantry BOLC) at Ft. Benning, Georgia for 4 months. I plan to reside off post for most of that time and I was wondering if you guys could give me the basic rules for OC in Georgia (i.e dont go there, don;t do this, you...
  6. T

Public Libraries

Can county libraries ban openly carried weapons from their property? I have some time off and was planning on doing some studying at the Kenton County library. I noticed they have a no weapons policy in their "rules". Is this legal or has anyone noticed a posting?
  7. T

Good OC Experiance

I thought I'd post this since we don't often get too many positive experiances posted on OC. Feel free to post if you've had a recent good experiance. I was taking my laundry to the main office at our apartment complex a few days ago (our complex has a coin laundry room), at the time I was...
  8. T

Goodbye Buffalo Wild Wings

I only recently noticed their "no weapons" sign when I went to pick up some wings for the super bowl at the Fort Wright location. This being Kentucky, I precoded to ignore the sign and openly carried without interruption (I assume they were to busy to notice). In this case I was forced to buy...
  9. T

question for the legal buffs

Can a sworn peace officer from another state carry into a bar or restaurant in Ohio under ORC or federal law. I work part time as a deputy jailer in Kentucky (county jailers are sworn peace officers in KY). I was wondering if I can carry into a place that serves alcohol when I go across the...
  10. T

Employee Vehicles

Can private employers in Kentucky legally prohibit employees from keeping weapons in their own vehicles if they are parked on company property?
  11. T

Holster for the 92fs

Any reccomendations for a good retention hip holster for the Beretta 92fs?
  12. T

Interesting little 9/11 Memorial in Russia

I thought I would mention this because it was one of those touching experiences you'll never forget. I am currently taking some language courses abroad in Russia funded by Uncle Sam and I spent most of the day thinking about 9/11 and remembering when I first heard the news. I remembered that...
  13. T

Quick CCW Question

greetings from Russia, I'll be coming back to the U.S and Kentucky in a few weeks and am going to apply for my CCW (make it easier for when going across the river) I already took the class before I left, have the certificate and all. I was wondering how they determine state residency at the...
  14. T

Send this to your state rep and the gov

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38702538/ns/us_news-life 7 shot outside Buffalo restaurant in NY state. This is what happens when people are not allowed to carry in restaurants. These people could have defended themselves and maybe only 1 or no lives would have been lost. I would say this is more...
  15. T

Being Prepared

This post is no way meant to rip on large people. I myself would have been considered a bigger fellow before I joined the army and cut down (damn MREs don't help though). Please read the whole post before you jump to that conclusion. However, I've noticed after watching videos, reading posts...
  16. T

Alcohol and Carry

I apologize if this is beating a dead horse or if this question as already been answered somewhere else . I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Kentucky laws regarding drinking while carrying. I'm already aware of the bar rule and in certain areas of a restaurant. I do NOT intend to drink...
  17. T

Emails from Hamilton County Sheriff

imported post Thought this was interesting. The first email is very polite, informative and helpful. The second email from the actual public relations guy is much more threatening. Email I sent Dear Sir or Ma'am, Thank you for taking the time to read this inquiry. I have recently moved to...