• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ak47 and ar15 pistols

groovedrummer

imported post

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:banghead:

kwikrnu, you have gotta be kidding me.

IT IS SO SIMPLE!!!!!

ITS SO SIMPLE THAT ITS ACTUALLY PAINFUL TO JUST WATCH IT FLY OVER YOUR HEADS.

MODS, you might as well lock this thread, because it is going NOWHERE.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:

IT IS SO SIMPLE!!!!!

The legal open carry of assault style handguns further all true second amendment causes. :celebrate

groovedrummer

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

IT IS SO SIMPLE!!!!!

The legal open carry of assault style handguns further all true second amendment causes. :celebrate
all "TRUE" second amendment causes?!?!?!

im not even sure what you mean by that....

all I know is that for the moment, with the current public outlook on weapons of that type the way it is, it makes a bunch of people off the wall mad so they go out of there way to tell there friends and family about the "Crazy militia member with the machine gun" so they all join anti gun groups and vote against our rights...thats great idea you got there.

but thats just way too hard to understand

its a way better idea to stand shouting at the top of your lungs
"ITS MY RIGHT!!!! F**K WHAT YOU THINK!!! ILL DO WHAT I WANT!!!!

and then because yall pissed off and scared so many of them, they all ban together and vote to remove your "RIGHTS" and then what are you gonna do? probably just scream "ITS NOT FAIR!!!! WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

IT IS SO SIMPLE!!!!!

all I know is that for the moment, with the current public outlook on weapons of that type the way it is, it makes a bunch of people off the wall mad so they go out of there way to tell there friends and family about the "Crazy militia member with the machine gun" so they all join anti gun groups and vote against our rights...thats great idea you got there.

and then because yall pissed off and scared so many of them, they all ban together and vote to remove your "RIGHTS" and then what are you gonna do? probably just scream "ITS NOT FAIR!!!! WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Yet, it hasn't happened.

Better not wear a bikini because bikinis will be banned.

Gays better not kiss in public because gays will be banned.

Better not drive a fast looking car because fast looking cars will be banned.

Any person who says a gun should not be carried because it looks scarycannot believe in the Second Amendment.

groovedrummer

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

IT IS SO SIMPLE!!!!!

Yet, it hasn't happened.

YET!!!! you talk as if we have already won.

we are winning legal battles all over the country...and the bradys and other anti gun groups are struggling for a foot hole to launch there next attack from...

why go out of your way to hand them ammunition like that?

just wait a little while...im sure your 9, .40 or .45 can do fine filling your self defense needs for now...

then when all are used to and a bit more educated about the handguns...then go ahead and march around with your AK.

but right now its not winning any sympathy votes.

go ahead and make your way over to OFFICER.com and see what there opinion is on the matter...

the whole ak/ar open carry thing is making us (as a whole) look less and less like where trying to enhance and make people aware of rights... and more and more like where just trying to rustle feathers and be controversial for the attention.... where making enemy's out of law enforcement in the processes.

groovedrummer

imported post

"Any person who says a gun should not be carried because it looks scarycannot believe in the Second Amendment."

I do believe in the second amendment..I also believe in the first amendment...but I dont walk around stores and coffee shops carelessly dropping F bombs...because im not a dick.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:

we are winning legal battles all over the country...and the bradys and other anti gun groups are struggling for a foot hole to launch there next attack from...

just wait a little while...im sure your 9, .40 or .45 can do fine filling your self defense needs for now...

then when all are used to and a bit more educated about the handguns...then go ahead and march around with your AK.

go ahead and make your way over to OFFICER.com and see what there opinion is on the matter...

the whole ak/ar open carry thing is making us (as a whole) look less and less like where trying to enhance and make people aware of rights... and more and more like where just trying to rustle feathers and be controversial for the attention.... where making enemy's out of law enforcement in the processes.

You're right. Everyone leave your gun at home because maybe someone might upset. Get your marching orders from the NRA. When they say you can carry then it will all be okay. Maybe in another 200 years we can open carry a .44 magnumwith the okay from the cops at officer.com without a threat of violence. For now let's pretend the second amendment doesn't exist and no one has individual rights.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
"Any person who says a gun should not be carried because it looks scarycannot believe in the Second Amendment."

I do believe in the second amendment..I also believe in the first amendment...but I dont walk around stores and coffee shops carelessly dropping F bombs...because im not a dick.
You're free to make that choice. I am free to legally carry a ak or ar pistol.

groovedrummer

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

You're right. Everyone leave your gun at home because maybe someone might upset. Get your marching orders from the NRA. When they say you can carry then it will all be okay. Maybe in another 200 years we can open carry a .44 magnumwith the okay from the cops at officer.com without a threat of violence. For now let's pretend the second amendment doesn't exist and no one has individual rights.

That is not even close to what I said, and you know it.

groovedrummer

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
ItTakesAWolf wrote:

You're free to make that choice. I am free to legally carry a ak or ar pistol.

well ya, if I wanna grab and hold onto the bill of rights like a teddy bear, run around doing things that are just on the edge of my rights as an American (just for the sake of doing it)....and every time someone gives me a funny look I point to a piece of paper and snub my nose at em...

ya your legal...but your quite embarrassing to be associated with.

Seif5034

imported post

Ithink the argument here is very generalized. Why carry a high-capacity semiautomatic pistol? Why should you carry a XD or a Glock when a single shot is less "scary"? Because we can.

Besides, If we push the envelope and some responsible people tote around rifles and shotguns the general population will get used to seeing them as well. IMHO, If it's legal, do it!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Open carry of an ak or ar pistol is not counter productive. Counter productive is making excuses as to why carrying an ar or ak is bad, refraining from possibly offending someone, biting your tongue, or conforming. The criticism of those who open carry such handguns and the the criticism of those handgunsare going to harmthe "goal". The actualcarry of the firearm shows the legality and that it is safe to carry such a handgun.
1) Not one person in this thread has made "excuses" as to why AR or AK pistols are "bad". PaPatriot and I pointed out a few things as to why why they are not necessarily the best SD choices but those are not excuses and no one said they are inherently bad.

2) Refraining from offending others, biting your tongue and conforming are all part of being an productive, self-reliant, contributing member of polite society. Most people who are completely unable or unwilling to do these things are in prison, eating out of garbage cans and living on the streets or appearing on Maury Povich or Jerry Springer shows saying things like "It's my hot body, I can do what I want."

3) No one is arguing that such pistols are illegal or unsafe.

4) The first op-ed has nothing to do with the topic at hand and nothing in this thread indicates that anyone posting here would disagree.

5) There is nothing in the second op-ed that is disputed by anything posted in this thread. No one is arguing that such sidearms should be banned or restricted.

6) From the second op-ed posted: "Perhaps it was nothing more than a symbolic Second Amendment version of a flag burning..." Hmmm, I juxtaposed burning an American flag and carrying such a firearm early in this thread. Both Assemblyman West and I saw some similarities and I'll guarantee that many other reasonable people who fully support 2A rights including OC do as well. Thank you for confirming much of what I said about public perception.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:

+1 :) LOL

PaxMentis

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:

And yet, you seem to belie the last statement by implying that anyone carrying a weapon of which you don't "approve" is one.

I am always amazed here when I see OCers making the same arguments as the anti OC CCers who believe that the whole "in your face" concept of OC is counterproductive..and being roundly crirticized by OCers who want to "desensitize" the sheep.

Personally, I CC...mostly because life is too short to seek conflict at this point in it...I had plenty of that when I was younger. At this point I find it more effective for me to have people discover I carry at all times after they have gotten to know who and what I am. However, I respect those who believe that OC is needed for that "desensitization" and deal with the conflicts it may cause. The concept that open carrying a chrome 1911 with flashy grips or even a "workaday" Glock to desensitize the sheep is good but carrying a "EBP" is bad has a basic failure of both principles and logic.

:cuss:

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

My God, people! Who cares if a small percentage of the OC community decides to carry an AR or AK pistol? On the flip side, who cares if the people who do carry these pistols can't come up with an actual reason to carry such a weapon instead of a more practical, standard type of sidearm? The anti's don't care if we carry an AR pistol, a GLOCK, a Desert Eagle, or a freaking Serbu Super Shorty. They want us not to be able to carry any type of weapon, or even have them. These petty arguments over what is the "right", or "accepted" type of OC weapon is not only pointless, but it's counterproductive to our cause. It just breeds animosity and bitterness in the OC community. To each their own, is what I say. Let Kwik carry his blaze orange Draco, let MEM carry his revolver, let everybody carry what they deem necessary in their mind. The advancement of OC and 2a rights isn't about what type of gun somebody wants to carry. It's about people being able to carry and own what they want, if they choose to do so.
That's my two cents. Take it as you like, and thank you for reading.
~Nikki~

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have a PLR-16 and it's crazy fun to shoot, but I don't carry it as a self-defense weapon primarily because it's big and awkward, not to mention that if I ever had to fire it in self defense I'd lose most of my hearing. A 1911 is MUCH easier and more comfortable to use, and it's a lot cheaper to practice with than the .223 cartridge, but if these were not concerns I'd love to get a nice holster and carry the PLR every day.
KelTec012-small.jpg

Seif5034

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
These petty arguments over what is the "right", or "accepted" type of OC .........just breeds animosity and bitterness in the OC community.
Amen Nikki.

cscitney87

imported post

Easily identifiable issue here

What's Legally acceptable (It's not illegal!)

What's Morally acceptable (Just because it's legal doesn't mean you should do it)

PaxMentis

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Easily identifiable issue here

What's Legally acceptable (It's not illegal!)

What's Morally acceptable (Just because it's legal doesn't mean you should do it)

How did whether or not what someone carries is approved of by most OCers become a "moral" issue?

:banghead: