• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT!!! KLINE sets hearing on AWB legislation

Just Us

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
WTF ! Shes says the bill needs work? There shouldn't be any bill in the first place!
So I wrote back....

Senator Franklin,
I thank you for your reply. I would hope that there is no more work to be done on this bill and it never rears its head again. To legally obtain one of these weapons all one must do is go to the dealer, fill out the required paperwork, pass the required background check, pay the money and take it home. The issue is that criminals do none of the above, which is why we need better laws against the criminals not the rest of us who have had to go through numerous background checks. I alone hold a passport, an enhanced drivers license, a Washington Concealed Pistol License, a non-resident New Hampshire & Utah concealed license as well as a Security clearance from the US Government. That is 6 separate background checks in the last 5 years. What else must I do to ensure that according to Article 1, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution; The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired. I don't see where it says first a permit or background check is necessary or even a certain caliber or style. I see the words "Shall Not Be Impaired."

It's time to fix the laws on criminals and either keep them in jail or see to it they never commit another offense.

Thank you,
Bill S****s
Well Put:exclaim::exclaim::celebrate

I to have a EDL, CPL, and not to mention that 50 page packet for DOD. People who have gone through these hoops have already done quite a bit.

amzbrady

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Just Us wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
I thought we were meeting at a Starbucks around 8:30 prior to.Did I miss a post somewhere..?

This got changed,I believe yesterday, on street parking and lack of parking became a issue and suggested we just meet at the front of the building.

Is there a realistic number of legal citizens from this site going?
At least eight (including myself) that I have listed below have said they WILL be there:
  • swatspyder
  • Deros72
  • Orphan
  • Squeak
  • Just Us
  • slowfiveoh
  • Red Ryder
  • TechnoWeenie
Three most likely will go:
  • Richard6218
  • amzbrady
  • CmptrGuru
I am pretty sure there are going to be a WHOLE LOT of people at the testimony... There are two Facebook groups with over 1000 people on each who are against this bill.
Still havnt found a sitter. I was thinking of bring my daughter with me, let her see how a bill is hopefully vetoed. We will have to leave here at 5:30 to 6:00 in the morning to make it to starbucks by 8:30 am.

DEROS72

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
Andrew,

As I always say, the best gun control is to place a gun firmly in the hand of a law abiding citizen. If that’s not enough, then said citizen should use both hands.

I will not support anything else.

Ed

Representative Ed Orcutt
18th Legislative District

Now thats how its suppose to be done......
No s..t this guy would have my vote...

swatspyder

imported post

Andrew,

Thank you for contacting me concerning Senate Bill 6396, which would ban the sale of assault weapons. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with me. I am hearing from many people in my district concerning this bill.

This type of bill is introduced every year, and doesn’t go anywhere in the process. There generally is just not the support for this type of change in our state’s legislature. At this time, I don’t see a compelling reason for more gun laws or for actions that could restrict the liberties of law abiding citizens.

Please know that as a mother and grandmother, as well as a legislator, I am committed to public safety. During this legislative session, we'll be pursuing a number of measures brought forward from the law enforcement community (who best knows what will promote public safety)– in particular, changes to bail and sentencing laws so we can catch and convict more criminals. To me, that's where we should focus our efforts -- not on proposals that limit the rights of responsible gun owners.

If you would like to follow this bill through the legislative process, I have included this link for your reference:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6396&year=2009

Thank you again for contacting me. Please let me know if I can offer any additional information or assistance.

Mary Margaret

Overall good, but... Wouldn't the "public" know what's best for public safety? As in arming individuals and putting criminals away for the amount of time they actually deserve?

swatspyder

imported post

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your support of the Second Amendment and for the excellent information. I completely agree with you and will strongly oppose SB 6396. In fact, I went shooting with the NRA's Brian Judy and Senator Adam Kline, who is the prime sponsor of this legislation, at the Black Diamond gun club to try and provide him with an education on different types of firearms.

SB 6396 has been scheduled for a public hearing tomorrow, Tuesday, January 26th, at 10AM in the Judiciary Committee. The committee meets in Senate Hearing Room 1 in the John A. Cherberg building on the capitol campus.

If you are able to attend the hearing, this would be a very effective forum to voice your opposition to SB 6396.

Thank you again for the email. Please do not hesitate to contact me again with any further input or if there is anything I can do for you.

Sincerely,

Pam Roach

Red Ryder

imported post

I think all that Adam Kline used that shooting opportunity for was to learn more about the guns he wants to ban and write a better defined bill.

Never trust a smiling dog.

amzbrady

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Andrew,

Thank you for contacting me concerning Senate Bill 6396, which would ban the sale of assault weapons. I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with me. I am hearing from many people in my district concerning this bill.

This type of bill is introduced every year, and doesn’t go anywhere in the process. There generally is just not the support for this type of change in our state’s legislature.

If you would like to follow this bill through the legislative process, I have included this link for your reference:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6396&year=2009

Mary Margaret

Overall good, but... Wouldn't the "public" know what's best for public safety? As in arming individuals and putting criminals away for the amount of time they actually deserve?
If it doesn't go anywhere, and generally is not the support, and you are present to see the bill shot down, why do you need a link to follow it to the trash.

DEROS72

imported post

So far as per above Orphan and I will be stopping at the starbucks rouphly 8:30

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Simply incredible that they didn't let Dave Workman speak!
If you were Kline, and were only going to allow one more person to speak against your bill, who would you choose? Dave Workman, or Merton Cooper?
There is no way that Kline was going to let Dave speak.

massivedesign

p2a1x7

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
p2a1x7 wrote:
I would say Merton did a good job, but I believe Dave would have hit more points. The guy after the NRA liaison did a horrible job.

http://www.tvw.org/media/recentevents.cfm

That's their archives, I don't know if or when it will be up.
The audio is up...
http://www.tvw.org/media/liveevents.cfm?CFID=4398723&CFTOKEN=58030515&bhcp=1

Scroll to the bottom. I can only assume the vid will be shortly as well.
Ah there it is, and video is up now.

Direct Link
http://www.tvw.org/media/MediaPlayer.cfm?evid=2010010151&TYPE=V&bhcp=1

Dave Workman

imported post

ak56 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
If you were Kline, and were only going to allow one more person to speak against your bill, who would you choose? Dave Workman, or Merton Cooper?

Oh, c'mon, now.

Everybody knows Dave Workman is just a big potty head.

:lol:

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
ak56 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

Oh, c'mon, now.

Everybody knows Dave Workman is just a big potty head.

:lol:
Be that as it may, they at least should have let him speak.:D