• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anniversary Today; Gov't Grabbed More Power

since9

Campaign Veteran
Normally distributed IQ with mean 100 IQ have a standard deviation of 15. Up to 15 IQ points may be due to random variations.
(underline mine)

That's an interesting generalization, Nightmare, but it's not commensurate with either the definition or application of "standard deviation." All one can say is that, on average, 34.1% of the observations occur between the mean and one standard deviation from the mean in either direction, or 68.2% of the observations occur, on average, within one standard deviation of the mean.

What one cannot say is that values within one standard deviation "may be due to random variations." That may have been given to you at some point in time as a rule of thumb, but it's a poor one, as it fails to consider both the sample size as well as the C.I. (confidence interval), both of which play a hard and fast i.e. mandatory role in calculating statistical significance (that which may due to random variations vs that which is due to the actual value as compared to the data set itself).

Standard deviation alone will not give you that that answer. For that, one must resort to hypothesis testing.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Citizen

LOL, Im not as dumb as some folks on here think I am... LOL

Im glad I could put a different spin on the case at bar.. The point, always invoke rights when dealing with the government.

Regards Sir!

CCJ

Keep posting observations like that, and you'll have a fan for life. :)

countryclubjoe

Keep posting observations like that, and you'll have a fan for life. :)

Indeed and plus infinity....

The problem, is simply, many folks here fail to think outside THEIR box, any discourse foreign to their way of thinking is viewed with, for lack of a better word, " disdain".. How can we move the goal post of "individual liberty', if we are not open to all discourse, other, then what we believe?

Natural rights, did not, now or ever, come from Government . They obviously came from the " Creator"..

Most folks here, buy into their 2nd amendment right.. However, a right, is in fact, NOT A RIGHT , if one must purchase a permit or license, and disclose his/her address, SSN, DL number etc, to exercise said right.. IE, one need not surrender their 9th amendment right, so as to exercise their 2nd amendment. Rights are not," give and take" they are natural and enumerated, without any form of surrender, "thereof"..

I fear to educate folks, not only on their 2nd amendment right, but all their rights, simply due in fact that this board, states, do not encourage members to break laws.. However this board fails to realize, unconstitutional laws, statues, ordinances, and others, are NULL AND VOID..

Rights are not granted by government, rights are in fact ALL we posses, to protect our family and our posterity. If a permit or license is required, need I say, our rights are NOW a government issued " privilege", and we " bequeath" jurisdiction over ourself and our posterity therein..

Bear in my mind, that one is not breaking a law, if said law, is repugnant to NATURAL LAW, OR ON A SMALLER SCALE, TO THE LAW OF THE LAND, THE CONSTITUTION.

We all endeavor to be law abiding citizens, however purchasing, permits, licenses, and or any other permission slip, is not law abiding, it is surrendering rights, for a mere privilege.. Liberty does not require a permit, license, or any bureaucratic document, liberty was the gift from our creator. It is our duty, therefore to hold onto said gift.. No bounty should be required thereof..

Moderators, please be advised, I am not encouraging folks to break any de-facto laws, I am simply attempting, that they look at what the definition of liberty, means to them and their posterity... Any infringement on our 2nd amendment right, is in fact an infringement on all our rights..

Do we need a permission slip to invoke and exercise our 4th amendment right? NO
Do we need a permission slip to invoke our right to remain silent? NO

" Man should not petition for rights, but take them".. Thomas Paine.

Please be advised, any and all misspellings and or grammar mistakes, are the property of my old age.. The mind seems to work faster then my fingers and spell check.. The scholary amongst the board, shall figure it out.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Indeed and plus infinity....

The problem, is simply, many folks here fail to think outside THEIR box, any discourse foreign to their way of thinking is viewed with, for lack of a better word, " disdain".. How can we move the goal post of "individual liberty', if we are not open to all discourse, other, then what we believe?

Natural rights, did not, now or ever, come from Government . They obviously came from the " Creator"..

Most folks here, buy into their 2nd amendment right.. However, a right, is in fact, NOT A RIGHT , if one must purchase a permit or license, and disclose his/her address, SSN, DL number etc, to exercise said right.. IE, one need not surrender their 9th amendment right, so as to exercise their 2nd amendment. Rights are not," give and take" they are natural and enumerated, without any form of surrender, "thereof"..

I fear to educate folks, not only on their 2nd amendment right, but all their rights, simply due in fact that this board, states, do not encourage members to break laws.. However this board fails to realize, unconstitutional laws, statues, ordinances, and others, are NULL AND VOID..

Rights are not granted by government, rights are in fact ALL we posses, to protect our family and our posterity. If a permit or license is required, need I say, our rights are NOW a government issued " privilege", and we " bequeath" jurisdiction over ourself and our posterity therein..

Bear in my mind, that one is not breaking a law, if said law, is repugnant to NATURAL LAW, OR ON A SMALLER SCALE, TO THE LAW OF THE LAND, THE CONSTITUTION.

We all endeavor to be law abiding citizens, however purchasing, permits, licenses, and or any other permission slip, is not law abiding, it is surrendering rights, for a mere privilege.. Liberty does not require a permit, license, or any bureaucratic document, liberty was the gift from our creator. It is our duty, therefore to hold onto said gift.. No bounty should be required thereof..

Moderators, please be advised, I am not encouraging folks to break any de-facto laws, I am simply attempting, that they look at what the definition of liberty, means to them and their posterity... Any infringement on our 2nd amendment right, is in fact an infringement on all our rights..

Do we need a permission slip to invoke and exercise our 4th amendment right? NO
Do we need a permission slip to invoke our right to remain silent? NO

" Man should not petition for rights, but take them".. Thomas Paine.

Please be advised, any and all misspellings and or grammar mistakes, are the property of my old age.. The mind seems to work faster then my fingers and spell check.. The scholary amongst the board, shall figure it out.

My .02
Regards
CCJ

+ 10[SUP] 23[/SUP]

sudden valley gunner

Terry was a horrible decison.
Cops think it was in the mundanes favor and they could do what ever they want without it.......
OF course as pointed out you don't have to be particularly bright to follow orders and act as revenue collectors.