• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Announcing Long Gun Coming Out Day, October 22, 2011.

Born2Lose

Diamond Parking Service
4475 Mission Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92109
(858) 274-7275 () ‎
diamondparking.com

seems to be the closest to the venue

Be careful where you guys park. We all know Mission Beach can get really busy and parking can be at a premium.
I saw that St. Brigid Catholic school 1000' mark falls within a block north east of where we are meeting and within a parking lot on Garnet i've parked in before (not open carrying).
Do your homework..the last thing we need is a parking lot full so you park elsewhere and end up in a school zone.

Last edited:

Firemark

Just finished a morning meeting with Elsensei and 6 LE officers, (public relations chief, division captain and 2 LT's., and 2 detectives) this occured at the site of the meetup for saturday, it lasted about an hour. The meeting went well, All the officers appreciated being informed and kept in the loop with regard to planning, they are keeping abreast by reading this forum as well as others (calguns etc.)

They understand the law specifically regarding long gun UOC and that many will still handgun UOC at the event. They understand it will be a fairly large group and media will most likely attend as well.

They had some safety concerns and requests that we promised would be passed along so everyone can make a decision whether or not to assist LE with making the event go more smoothly. I beleve they are not unreasonable, Elsensei will comment im sure for himself I will not presume to speak for him. Since LE has been willing to work with us please consider the following items.

1) Sling carry please! do not show up carrying without a sling for your long arm, it has to do with muzzle dicipline and responsible carry, I agree.
2) Side car shotgun shell carriers are fine, SDPD understands this is not a position to be fired from they wont have a problem with this
3) Actions open - this facilitates visual confirmation of unloaded chambers without having to touch the weapon, it is also facilitates a faster loading if the need ever should arise. This one action serves both our purpose tactically and LE, and being law abiding citizens take that into consideration. Long gun and handgun both.
4) Concerns about individuals not from open carry advocacy group mingling with us with an intent to rob/steal weapons. (gang members for example). Recomendation stay in small groups to lookout for one another and be mindful of suspicious people activity. Be in Cooper code yellow or higher, dont be white.
5) Concerns about length of time and dispersing, the event is planned to be about an hour or so. Media message out and thats about it, if you choose to patronize businesses be mindful of leaving business when asked in accordance with law, our objective is not to tie down police resources covering this large event that spreads out.

Thats about it. The general feeling I got is LE at the level we are dealing with them understand what we are doing they want the peace kept especially the image to the media that it is kept. SO long as we are working with them and not provoking unpleasant confrontations things should go very well.

Firemark

I did some quick research..i can't vouch for the accuracy of this map..use this at your own risk..do not print this out and bring it with you.
I used the radius at 1500' from the center of the schoolsjust to be on the safe side.View attachment 7183

The top left most flag is St. Brigids church, I do the yearly fire inspection on that facility they ARE NOT a licensed K-12 school, they do not have the required entry exit requirements or quarterly fire drills documented. I have called and confirmed this with the staff. the do religious classes but are not a K-12 school.

Firemark

I did some quick research..i can't vouch for the accuracy of this map..use this at your own risk..do not print this out and bring it with you.
I used the radius at 1500' from the center of the schoolsjust to be on the safe side.View attachment 7183

Also the bottom right is a nursery school only, I have done that fire inspection as well. The middle flag is correct an elementary religious school. PB is pretty safe, just dont go east of Dawes ave. you will be fine.

Born2Lose

The top left most flag is St. Brigids church, I do the yearly fire inspection on that facility they ARE NOT a licensed K-12 school, they do not have the required entry exit requirements or quarterly fire drills documented. I have called and confirmed this with the staff. the do religious classes but are not a K-12 school.

Excellent. When i searched them online they made it seem like a normal school.
That opens up the parking options much more.
Here's the revised map. Look better Mark?
revised.JPG

wewd

School zones radiate from the property line, not from the center of the property. Those maps do not accurately depict the boundaries of the school zones.

Born2Lose

School zones radiate from the property line, not from the center of the property. Those maps do not accurately depict the boundaries of the school zones.
I realize that. That's why I had a disclaimer and I also did the radius at 1500' from center. As always do your own research this was to help by sharing my own.

Sent from behind enemy lines using Tapatalk

Born2Lose

Went well. Good turn out. Lots of media. No e check.
Pretty sure there was a plain clothes in an unmarked in the parking lot I used.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Went well. Good turn out. Lots of media. No e check.
Pretty sure there was a plain clothes in an unmarked in the parking lot I used.

Good to hear. How many folks would you estimate showed up? Was there a significant police presence? What kind of long guns were folks carrying?

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
Very nice day at the beach. I had a lot of positive comments from the people walking by. There was some negative ones too. I will have to admit open carrying with a pistol, most people didn't even notice, but with a rifle every one notices! Because of that a lot more people were able too hear what I had to say, and most agreed.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Nice to get the remington 870 out for a walk

Very nice day at the beach. I had a lot of positive comments from the people walking by. There was some negative ones too. I will have to admit open carrying with a pistol, most people didn't even notice, but with a rifle every one notices! Because of that a lot more people were able too hear what I had to say, and most agreed.
Excellent day at the beach although it was obvious the plainclothes PD were in attendance along with some high profile members of the PD. In the years of UOC I don't think I have ever witnessed a turnout of the "top brass" of the local PD but was nice to see they had the time to attend our event. Had no negative comments from anyone no 12031e checks and was great to meet like minded gun owners in a peaceful setting. Great to see the media was in attendance and very mindful of our cause. Carry on ! See y'all at the next event.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
u guys are idiots...this aint gona help u guys out, look on glocktalk and other forums n see what other gun folk are sayin bout this, u guys are just hurtin yourselfs when u go out doin this crap and makin the rest of the gun world look like u idiots, if u want better gun laws vote those idiots out or move, cops have alot better things to be dealin with than goin to MWAG calls just to deal with u guys calling out your rights, all your gona do is help the antis get leverage in showin the public how crazy u guys are and why u shouldnt be allowed to carry a gun, ur just gona lose the right to OC llong guns next than itll just get worse...but if u guys keep this up ull just find out i guess

I bet that it was so incredibly easy for you to type such a post from such a 2A friendly state such as Arizona wasn't it? I live in KY, and other than CCarry without a license, our firearms laws are much more lax than your states. When you can walk down the street with a loaded firearm, whether concealed or in the open, it might seem absurd to carry a rifle strapped on your back around town, and it is. However when you have a state that is slowly eroding the god given rights of every citizen in such state, and have left them with carrying a long gun in the open as their only source of personal protection, what else is there to do? Move you say?, you honestly think it's that easy for people to just pack up and leave behind their life, friends, and family? I don't think so, you really should put yourself in other people's shoes and see how it would feel if it was you in their predicament. Would you honestly give in to the tyrannical government of California and jeopardize your own safety?, especially in such a crime ridden state such as California? I guess if it was you, you just wouldn't carry a long gun, simply so the right to do so would stay on the books? The law wouldn't be challenged, but nobody would be exercising the right the law gives them, so you tell me, what's the point of having the right if it's not exercised? If the law is attacked by legislature, and removed, and the fact that California is a may issue state for concealed carry, then it would open up a huge avenue for deprivation of rights suits, since
The majority of people would not be able to exercise their 2nd amendment rights in any way. I read somewhere that 1 in 1000 applicants for a concealed license in California is granted. So basically 99% of the population is denied the right to carry a concealed firearm. It's easy to point fingers when you can carry concealed or openly with no license. Here in Ky I can carry any deadly weapon I want as long as it's visible, and I can also carry them concealed since Ky is a shall issue state and I have my cdwl. I can walk right in my state Capitol and watch the legislature protect our second amendment rights with as many firearms as I want as long as their carried OPENLY, in our state we can carry pretty much everywhere as long as it's exposed, being as it's constitutionally protected. However, if it wasn't, and a unloaded long gun with a magazine on my belt is all I could carry, then that is exactly what I would do, and if you lived in Cali, and wanted to have the option of protecting your family and yourself, then you would as well good sir.