• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC'er has been lost

builtjeep

Just wanted to let everyone know, my father, Jerry McNeill - aka celticredneck, passed this weekend. He had been unable to attend many events over the last couple of years due to health issues, he battled stage 4 breast cancer for the last 6 years. In that time, he attended lobby days, open carry dinners, battled the Amelia sheriff over his and my mom's CHP's, he got to meet 2 grandchildren, the oldest of whom will start school this fall, spent a great deal of time with family and friends enjoying the outdoors, and simply enjoying good company. He kept tabs on the forum, though he didn't contribute much in the last couple of years. He and I often spoke of grapeshot and other rabblerousers here, we mourned the passing of Peter nap and skidmark, and so I wanted to let the OC community know of his passing.

We will be having a small gathering of friends at Point of Rocks park in Enon, on St Patrick's day, March 17 at 10am if anyone wishes to attend. We will be in shelter #3.

HP995

I'm very sorry to hear this news - my deepest condolences and well wishes and prayers. That's a great legacy in support of our rights, so a big thanks to your father and yourself.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sincere condolences.

Your dad was a hard charger and will be missed, but his legacy will live.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Sending wishes to your family for strength and peace.

Thank you for letting us know.

The Wolfhound

Thank you

When this forum loses a member we often have no idea why. I regret that as I knew his handle, I never connected it with his face. I need to do better. Condolences are tendered to you and your family.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The weather was cooperative as we gathered to pay tribute to Jerry McNeill - aka celticredneck.

He will be missed, but leaves a legacy behind that will live in others.

After I got back home, I waxed nostalgic (bitter sweet that it is) and ran an Advanced Single Mode Search on celticredneck. Reread many of his contributions - he was always the gentleman.

Vios con dios Jerry - thank you.

Last edited:

RedNeck Texan

For the family we send our prayers and support.

For those of us that did not know him personally but by reputation I remember the words a our great WWll hero Gen. George Patton.
We will not morn the death of such a man but will thank God that such a man did live. He raised a Patriot. That is evident. He influenced many younger Patriots. Thank you for sharing his legacy.

builtjeep

The weather was cooperative as we gathered to pay tribute to Jerry McNeill - aka celticredneck.

He will be missed, but leaves a legacy behind that will live in others.

After I got back home, I waxed nostalgic (bitter sweet that it is) and ran an Advanced Single Mode Search on celticredneck. Reread many of his contributions - he was always the gentleman.

Vios con dios Jerry - thank you.

Sir, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your presence, your kindness, and your conversation, short though ours may have been. My father had a great deal of respect for you, your opinions, and your contributions, as do I, and it meant a lot to me to see you there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sir, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your presence, your kindness, and your conversation, short though ours may have been. My father had a great deal of respect for you, your opinions, and your contributions, as do I, and it meant a lot to me to see you there.
Thank you for your generous words.

I held your father in high esteem. My thoughts continue to be with you and your family.