• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have this pistol? Hi-Point C9 Comp

Morbidph8

I had a HP C9. Was an ok first gun. Mine was a bit of a jamomatic at first. My 10rnd mag would always jam. Had to send the mag back for a new one. Once I polished up the gun a bit, and 500 rnds latter, it was a little better. Oh yea I hated how the firing pin is used the ejector. I never carried one in the chamber. It would leave small indents on the primers if cycled by hand. I also started to get dreams of it jamming. I had no confidence in it at all. I was OC'ing my HP as well. I sold my C9 and bought a Ruger P95. I am sooooooooo much happier now. I will say if you get a decent C9, and work it over. They do make a nice car/truck gun you wouldn't be that pissed off if it got ripped off or dinged up.

raven81686

images

here you go

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Must have gone up in price. I gave $145. for mine in '06. Of course I had to pay shipping and the FFL fee to get it sent here, so add another $30.

The only really bad thing about it is the blow back action that makes the recoil so snappy, and causes muzzle flip that is very difficult to control. That makes it a very poor gun choice for most women especially.

I have them in 9mm & 45acp & find them the complete opposite as posted above. A heavy slide dampens recoil & muzzle flip. The fixed barrel design also lends to accuracy. I own many more expensive guns but I would & have carried them for defense. If they ever come out with true hi-cap mags, they will have a hard time making enough of them in my honest opinion. Besides if I drop a hi-point down a cliff - bummer. Drop a wilson combat ....tears & $$$

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek: