• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arlington City Council meets on Possession Ban 1 FEB 2010

Sparky508

imported post

No, I saw it when I was reading through the attachments and what not on the Arlington's meeting notes.

[align=justify]Section 9. Arlington Municipal Code Section 9.36.030 is amended to read as follows:
(c) RCW 9A.72.040, False swearing. [/align]
[align=justify]It was an obscure line in there, and I was amused.[/align]
[align=justify][/align]
[align=justify]Edit: to defend sanity.[/align]

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

jbone wrote:
From the city.

Thanks so much for your email regarding Title 9. Council will be reviewing Title 9 again at the February 22[sup]nd[/sup] Workshop. They have some questions for Chief Sullenberger about some other sections contained in Title 9. I am hopeful that Title 9 will be placed on the March 1[sup]st[/sup] Council agenda for adoption.

I have put a note on my calendar to get in touch with you on February 23[sup]rd[/sup] with the results of the February 22[sup]nd[/sup] Council Workshop.
If possible show up to every meeting you can on this issue, if you can go to the workshop do so. I do not know if the public can attend but I would hope so.

And make sure you are there at the Council Meeting otherwise they will do what they want with our your imput which I feel would be critical.

jbone

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:
No, I saw it when I was reading through the attachments and what not on the Arlington's meeting notes.

[align=justify]Section 9. Arlington Municipal Code Section 9.36.030 is amended to read as follows:
(c) RCW 9A.72.040, False swearing. [/align]

[align=justify]It was an obscure line in there, and I was amused.[/align]

[align=justify][/align]

[align=justify]Edit: to defend sanity.[/align]
Roger that.

heresolong

imported post

jbone wrote:
OBTY!

At the March 1st Council Meeting Arlingtonapprovedamendments to fix municipal code title 9.

http://library6.municode.com/default-now/home.htm?infobase=16199&doc_action=whatsnew
9.48.030 Weapons prohibited on liquor sale premises

9.48.040 Firearms prohibited in certain places; exceptions; penalty. (a)It is unlawful for any person to enter the council chambers of the city council when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a firearm

Both of these are still on the books. Did they get removed by the city since they are both preempted by the state?

jbone

imported post

heresolong wrote:
jbone wrote:
OBTY!

At the March 1st Council Meeting Arlingtonapprovedamendments to fix municipal code title 9.

http://library6.municode.com/default-now/home.htm?infobase=16199&doc_action=whatsnew
9.48.030 Weapons prohibited on liquor sale premises

9.48.040 Firearms prohibited in certain places; exceptions; penalty. (a)It is unlawful for any person to enter the council chambers of the city council when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a firearm

Both of these are still on the books. Did they get removed by the city since they are both preempted by the state?

Here's the instruction I recieved from Arlington, I experianced the same. This should help to find the new Ord.

Just scroll down right side of page to see the doc link for approved ord.

Jxxx,

The code revisions to AMC Title 9 were approved by the City Council on Monday, March 1[suP]st[/suP]. I’ve attached the approved ordinance for your reference.

We are about half-way through the AMC update. The official code document has been updated through the end of February and will be updated again this fall. Any ordinances adopted between now and then will appear on this first page, under the New Ordinances on the Web (NOW) section until we supplement the code. Any ordinance adopted by the Council is effective 5 days after publication.

Kristin Banfield

Assistant City Administrator / City Clerk

City of Arlington

kbanfield@arlingtonwa.gov

(360) 403-3444

Cell (425) 754-1728