• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave US Bank in Sumner (while OC'ing)

kenzmad

"Since U.S. Bank is located on private property, it is their discretion whether to allow concealed weapons"

please, could someone explain to me how they are going to regulate how many concealed weapons are allowed in the bank. Are they serious? This must be a liability issue that their insurance company requires as there is no way that they could possibly think that, if they don't post their doors, no one with a gun is going to come in.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Well I am sure if there was any wiggle room to have them have a change of position, it is no longer there or at least until such time their Management changes.

This seems to have been more about "How Dare They" then accepting the fact that you had no legal standing and you would have to approach it in a manner bringing them to your side of thinking. :banghead:

I would like to see the Second accepted as any other civil right but we are not there yet.

Last edited:

1911er

Should we drop off one of these at the bank for the MGR

You have chosen to ban firearms in your store. As such, I have chosen
to take my gun, and my money, to your competitors until such time as
you choose to allow law-abiding armed citizens in your establishment..
Citizens are legally allowed to carry firearms openly or concealed (with a
valid license) to protect themselves and their families in case someone else
threatens to harm them.
By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone
who enters your store—except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy
anyway. In essence, you’ve made your store more dangerous for patrons
who carry legally...and safer for criminals.
Please consider changing your policy. There may come a time when an
armed, law-abiding citizen stands between you and an armed criminal.

1245A Defender

well,,

thats a nice short concise and pointed declaration!
might be nice to include some major companies corporate policies,
and some simple explanations of pertinent state and U.S. laws
it would easily fit on the front and back of a business size card.

amlevin

Should we drop off one of these at the bank for the MGR

You have chosen to ban firearms in your store. As such, I have chosen
to take my gun, and my money, to your competitors until such time as
you choose to allow law-abiding armed citizens in your establishment..
Citizens are legally allowed to carry firearms openly or concealed (with a
valid license) to protect themselves and their families in case someone else
threatens to harm them.
By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone
who enters your store—except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy
anyway. In essence, you’ve made your store more dangerous for patrons
who carry legally...and safer for criminals.
Please consider changing your policy. There may come a time when an
armed, law-abiding citizen stands between you and an armed criminal.

A Letter/Memo like this is OK but give this some thought.

Who really are the Customers that Banks care about? The individuals that cash or direct deposit their paychecks every week/two weeks/monthly? The ones that put a few bucks in, only to generate lots of transactions to draw it all out before the next deposit?

Or are their REAL customers (in their mind) the huge businesses that deposit MILLIONS of dollars to be held for months at a time? Or the businesses that borrow MILLIONS of dollars for facility improvement, inventory, or expansion? The ones that generate them revenues for the next 30 years? Or the ones that "churn" their money on a regular basis, depositing then withdrawing within a few days?

In the world of banking, managers smile and are polite to the "little guy" that threatens to "take his business elsewhere" but they get down on their knees and kiss the butts of the big businesses that want to borrow money.

We are not so much their "Customers" as their "Suckers". We deposit money in their Banks, get paid almost non-existent earnings, and the Bank then loans that same money out for huge interest rates, especially if they also issue a Bank Card.

Threaten all you want to move your funds. It may get you a "Polite Smile", nothing else.

Trigger Dr

Simple answer If you have $75000.00 in your account, the bank owns you.
If you have $1,000,000.00 you own the bank

Johnsmith1521

Just got back from the bank...

I just got back from US Bank, in Tacoma/Fircrest area, I was going to CC when I got in there but then I thought "what the hell" I took of my coat and went in... Now for those of you that haven't met me, I have tattoos all over my arms and piercings, I ware black most of the time... anyway I walked in right to the teller, made my transaction which took about 5 mins or so and no one said anything to me... Their was at least 8 employees and a couple of customers, some of them saw me carrying a full size, cocked and locked 1911... not one person said anything to me... I walked out to my car and left...

Now I don't know, if they didn't say anything to me because I'm a customer or they didn't care all together... and when I think about it, I didn't see anyone give me any "looks"... For a minute there I thought maybe the cops were on their way... but they didn't come either... Maybe it just really depends on the manager of the bank when it comes to OCing... but hey maybe next time I go in there, they'll throw some kind of fit about me OCing... just my 2 cents for the day!!!:banana: