• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barrett Reloaded? A New Third Circuit Decision Could Prove The Perfect Base For A Second Amendment Blowout

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

JTHunter2

Hhmm, an interesting idea. But who decides what qualifies as "nonviolent"? And, will the same standard be applied in every state?

OC for ME

The Court may take up this case...though, The Court has treated many 2A cases as radioactive...their only concern is the integrity of the court and not the integrity of the Constitution...Does anyone think that a mere Court ruling will result in New Yorkers, in the Big Apple more specifically, being able to strap -up? Nope, The Sullivan Act is clearly contrary to past Court rulings...

solus

alas, in 1911 "big feller" Sullivan, a Tammany leader (corrupt Irish Catholic society) in the Bowery, and machine's spokesman in the state legislature, touted a concept of "the common man will only misbehave..." while he pushed citizen's gun control legislation to "curb" street violence under the auspices of of public safety [Irish criminals had guns while the Italian criminals didn't] resulting in it being a misdemeanor for owning & carrying a felon which mandates are still in effect today In many states, CA, NJ, ad naseam.

very interesting read for those interested: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/little-gun-history/