• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bring your gun to work

matt dillon

This is the workplace that made guns as mandatory as computers
SHARES

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
WHAT'S THIS?
Ap_859672592143
In this photo taken Feb. 26, 2016, Lance Toland, the owner of Lance Toland Associates, an aviation insurance company with three offices in Georgia, holds a Taurus revolver, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/Lisa Marie Pane)
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
2 days ago
ATLANTA — The decision by the owner of a small insurance company to require his employees to carry firearms at the office has sparked a debate: Would having a gun on the job make you safer, or is it inviting violence into the workplace?

Lance Toland said his three offices, based at small airports in Georgia, haven't had problems with crime but "anyone can slip in these days if they want to. I don't have a social agenda here. I have a safety agenda."

--snipped by Moderator--
OCDO rules require only FUQ be used. Always post a link to the original like this.

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

TOPICS: BUSINESS, GUN CONTROL, JOBS this story was copy

Last edited by a moderator:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Hello matt. I see your new here in these parts. You posted an entire AP story and not in a quote box. Not good. And Posting the complete story without the authors permission is also not good. Quoting bits and pieces of the story is OK. You can post a link to the story.

Just trying to help you out......

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

OC for ME

If it is not quoted then I don't have to read his stream-of-semi-conscious mumbling. Just imagine an unkempt reprobate taking shelter in a public library and entertaining on a public access computer alternating between egalitarian OCDO and Red Tube.
Semi-conscious? Far too generous it is you be.