• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cal guns is starting to tick me off.

cato

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
The point of the poll question was because of your comment on converting those within our ranks. I have little idea of the popularity of UOC, I just anecdotally know the comments are generally unfavorable to it.

I would hope UOC would be universally despised! If the question was to be posed it should be, "If Loaded Openand Concealed Carry was legally available to all which would be your preferred method". But then it is just a defensive tactical question.

I don't even know how to pose the proper poll question as there would need to be variables based on what the law allowed in different circumstances. If it was a purechoice between 100% CCor 100%OC. OC would loose nationwide IMO.

I guarantee 90%+ of Calgunners want Alaska/Vermont carry.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

cato wrote:
The lawsuits in play, 9th and DC Circuit, WILL lead to LOC (even though Sykes is billed as a CCW case) in my opinion and make PERMANENT changes to CA law.

I keep hearing that the judicial branch can never actually put a strike line through bad law, just rule that it is unenforceable (at least, if lower court justices decide not to be bastards).

I expect CA to be yet another mole in the whack-a-mole game, just as DC popped up new infringements once Heller was decided. Favorable rulings to us will mean the arrogant infringers have to keep on writing and passing pro-criminal safety legislation in supreme contempt of court.

cato

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
I keep hearing that the judicial branch can never actually put a strike line through bad law, just rule that it is unenforceable
Same difference really. 647e PC was rulled unconstitutional but it took the leg a long time to repeal it. I even arrested someone for it not knowing it was unconstitutional :cry:.

The difference for us is that once the law is changed by case law; 12050, 12031, etc...we'll be banging the drums so hard there will beNO jurisdictionwhich doesn'thear the noise. :lol:

coolusername2007

imported post

cato wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
The point of the poll question was because of your comment on converting those within our ranks. I have little idea of the popularity of UOC, I just anecdotally know the comments are generally unfavorable to it.

I would hope UOC would be universally despised! If the question was to be posed it should be, "If Loaded Openand Concealed Carry was legally available to all which would be your preferred method". But then it is just a defensive tactical question.

I don't even know how to pose the proper poll question as there would need to be variables based on what the law allowed in different circumstances. If it was a purechoice between 100% CCor 100%OC. OC would loose nationwide IMO.

I guarantee 90%+ of Calgunners want Alaska/Vermont carry.
Well of course UOC is despised over LOC, but being that its all we have, it doesn't make sense to poll anything else. The options of the poll should be limited to what is currently and realistically available.

Given the current, realistically available options for carry, which do you prefer?

A.UOC

B.LUCC

If that poll has not been conducted on CGN maybe it should be.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

cato wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
I keep hearing that the judicial branch can never actually put a strike line through bad law, just rule that it is unenforceable
Same difference really.  647e PC was rulled unconstitutional but it took the leg a long time to repeal it.  I even arrested someone for it not knowing it was unconstitutional :cry:.

The difference for us is that once the law is changed by case law; 12050, 12031, etc...we'll be banging the drums so hard there will be NO jurisdiction which doesn't hear the noise. :lol:

Ah yeah, vague "loitering" & failure to ID... they didn't just repeal it, they put something in its place for the newer code books:

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/647e.html

cato

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Given the current, realistically available options for carry, which do you prefer?

A.UOC

B.LUCC

If that poll has not been conducted on CGN maybe it should be.

I wouldn't do that poll right now. We'd get smashed. But by continually exposing CGN to the situation in other states, links to stories etc..., it plants the seed to flower later forwhen CA OC is the right thing to do.

art work by oleg volk: (this is a new one - oleg IS the man:exclaim:)

Old Timer

imported post

I would prefer both. That way I don't have to be concerned with taking my jacket off in hot weather and exposing what is supposed to be a concealed firearm, nor would have have to worry about putting my jacket on when the temperature dropped and concealing what is supposed to be an exposed firearm.

As for 647e. Every California Peace Officer's nightmare was pulling a black guy with dreadlocks over at 3 AM and finding out it was Edward Larson! :what::D:D