• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can visiting Canadians Open Carry?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
That begs the question...Is there a hunting season open during the time of your visit? The hunting license spans a time frame longer than the seasons.

In WA state I believe there is ALWAYS SOMETHING in season.

Make sure you're in the area of the hunting area and season then with the proper weapon type, there are some handguns allowed in deer and elk hunting but limited, not sure about birds but jack-o-lopes seem to be in season! :)

Zenov

Make sure you're in the area of the hunting area and season then with the proper weapon type, there are some handguns allowed in deer and elk hunting but limited, not sure about birds but jack-o-lopes seem to be in season! :)

O NICE! I always wanted to bag a jack-o-lope! :p

Zenov

True, but do you really think a warden will believe you are hunting 'yotes with a 40 S&W or a 9mm?

It really doesn't matter what people "feel" or "believe". If it's legal to hunt coyotes with a handgun (fairly certain it is) Then what they believe means SFA (Sweet **** all).

Edit: From the "Big Game Hunting Seasons and Rules"

Handguns:
Big game, except cougar, may be hunted with
handguns with a minimum barrel length
of 4 inches per manufacturers specification,
and fire a minimum 24 caliber centerfire
cartridge The minimum for cougar is a 22
caliber centerfire handgun Rimfire handguns
are not legal for big game

Last edited: