• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Central Missouri Copblocker Jeffrey Weinhaus Shot by MO St. Patrol Employee(s)

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Folks do post unrelated crap. I don't know you from Adam or what you do.

A simple introduction like, "Here is another video of the shooting," would solve the problem. It is a common courtesy.

Since it appears that you are saying that it is yet another video of the same shooting, then I have already seen that 55 seconds, and a lot more, including the lead up, and the rendering of aid.

May I suggest that folks look for that video posted earlier in the thread, as it is much more informative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

it is not "yet another video".....
it is the ONLY video...
it is the same video YOU/I/WE all watched back in November!!
it is not "more "or less" informative", now, than it was then.
it is "just as" informative.
both "the same" videos are about/of the winehouse shooting.
in the video he talks about/of getting his computers back from the cops.

its funny to me that the only posts I have made in this thread
are to baby sit your whining, needy, demands for some one to do for you
the things we all do for our selves.
civilly!

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Then someone lied to me. I was told that the video was 55 seconds. The one I watched was significantly longer than that, showing the drive to the meeting and even the care given Weinhaus after the shooting.

So, is it the same video or is it just a snippet of it?

Jeez, folks just want to keep this going. No problem. I'm down with that.

<o>

You must be "willfully ignorant"!
Nobody has lied to you.
it was I that pointed you to the 55 second bit in the 23 minute video that contained the "shooting"!
Sooo,,, YES!!!! it is the SAME VIDEO!!!!! all 23 minutes of it is the SAME VIDEO!!!
their is NO SNIPPET of the video....
I just pointed YOU to the 55 seconds that starts at 4 min 30 sec of the 23 minute video..

I do hope that this wont need to be repeated,,,, again....

1245A Defender

Also,,,,,

Something that Nobody has brought up during this contentious thread...

What guns and/or caliber were these cops using during this failed assassination attempt??????????????

I mean, Really!!! two cops,,, shooting 7 or 8 times,,, at point blank range,
hit him! 4 times, 2 chest, 1 neck, 1 in the head!
And he didnt DIE???

What kind of "serve and protect" is that? Do they get killing training? Did they pass?

During the time after the shooting, before the EMTs arrived, while lying about "rendering aid"
Im surprised that they didnt kneel on his chest so to make him bleed out faster and DIE!

Primus

Something that Nobody has brought up during this contentious thread...

What guns and/or caliber were these cops using during this failed assassination attempt??????????????

I mean, Really!!! two cops,,, shooting 7 or 8 times,,, at point blank range,
hit him! 4 times, 2 chest, 1 neck, 1 in the head!
And he didnt DIE???

What kind of "serve and protect" is that? Do they get killing training? Did they pass?

During the time after the shooting, before the EMTs arrived, while lying about "rendering aid"
Im surprised that they didnt kneel on his chest so to make him bleed out faster and DIE!

Are you upset he didn't die?

If they hit him as many times as you say they did what's the issue? You shoot to stop not to kill. He stopped whatever they perceived as a threat (or what they say was a threat) and they stopped shooting. Not sure what your upset about?

Whether they had a reason to shoot or not I don't know I wasn't there. Am I correct in hearing that the guy who was shot was found guilty of his charges? Including assaulting the officers? Was this trial by a jury or a bench trial?

If above is true (not sure yet) then is it possible that the jury heard more to the story then we got from a spy camera?

Were there other witnesses? I ask because in the video someone yelled to gge officers immediately after the shooting. Also did one of the officers yell something about FBI to that citizen?

Finally, did anyone else notice the big long prayer before he went to meet them? Why the prayer? I'm not religious so I honestly don't have an opinion on it. Is that a common thing? To say a prayer and ask for salvation regardless of the outcome? Did he know something prior to this meeting?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fallschirjmäger

Finally, did anyone else notice the big long prayer before he went to meet them? Why the prayer? I'm not religious so I honestly don't have an opinion on it. Is that a common thing? To say a prayer and ask for salvation regardless of the outcome? Did he know something prior to this meeting?
I noticed the prayer. If I was meeting cops (or anyone else proven hostile to my endeavors) I'd probably let loose a few Hail Mary's, the odd Birkhat HaGomel, and throw in a "Lo there do I see my father...".

I'd have had more than a wristwatch camera though.

WalkingWolf

I pray everyday, often, I don't see the bigotry towards a religious man. Saying prayers may very well have been his normal routine.

Primus

I noticed the prayer. If I was meeting cops (or anyone else proven hostile to my endeavors) I'd probably let loose a few Hail Mary's, the odd Birkhat HaGomel, and throw in a "Lo there do I see my father...".

I'd have had more than a wristwatch camera though.

I agree falls. I'm not religious but I've said a few prayers and a few thanks over seas so I understand, but it seemed more then just a hail Mary or two. Again I'm not sure that's why I'm asking.

1245A Defender

Well,,,,

If they hit him as many times as you say they did what's the issue? You shoot to stop not to kill. He stopped whatever they perceived as a threat (or what they say was a threat) and they stopped shooting. Not sure what your upset about?

Whether they had a reason to shoot or not I don't know I wasn't there. Am I correct in hearing that the guy who was shot was found guilty of his charges? Including assaulting the officers? Was this trial by a jury or a bench trial?

If above is true (not sure yet) then is it possible that the jury heard more to the story then we got from a spy camera?

Were there other witnesses? I ask because in the video someone yelled to gge officers immediately after the shooting. Also did one of the officers yell something about FBI to that citizen?

I am GLAD HE DIDNT DIE!!!

the charges he was convicted of are disproved by this video!

if you had read all of the thread, all of the links,
for over two years,,,
you would know that he did EXPECT TO BE MURDERED for his work on copblock!!!

he should not have gone to this meet,,, I wouldnt have done it!!!

He did a stupid thing, with stupid people, at a stupid place!
it didnt work out well for him...

WalkingWolf

Didn't you know? Some cops allow other cops to commit murder. Not only do they condone it they dance in the blood. They are as guilty as the ones who pull the trigger for not holding these thugs accountable.

sudden valley gunner

Again talking out your ass, if you actually watch and listen to the video he was still moving around while handcuffed.

I wonder who picked the jury? I wonder if the jury was informed they didn't have to follow judges instructions? I wonder if the jury was aware of the right to resist unlawful arrest/demands?

I think prosecutors should be barred from Jury tampering.

Who the hell cares he prayed? Way to look for something that isn't there.

Fuller Malarkey

Again talking out your ass, if you actually watch and listen to the video he was still moving around while handcuffed.

I wonder who picked the jury? I wonder if the jury was informed they didn't have to follow judges instructions? I wonder if the jury was aware of the right to resist unlawful arrest/demands?

More dishonesty. Pinus alluding to the praying, hoping others might pick up on that as a death preparation / suicide by cop plan. Called "poisoning the well", by discounting the victim wherever possible. Noble.

Primus

Ummm maybe you could've answered the questions.

I didn't even state anything. I asked questions to which some responded that they heard the same thing.

If it was a jury then SAY it was a jury. I didn't even watch the whole video. I'm asking questions to get the facts before I make assumptions.

Do you even know what the jury instructions were? I don't since I don't even know what the charges were.

Is there a statute that says you can lawfully resist an unlawful arrest in his state? If not I'd say that's bad advice to all.

Fuller Malarkey

I didn't even state anything. I asked questions to which some responded that they heard the same thing.

If it was a jury then SAY it was a jury. I didn't even watch the whole video. I'm asking questions to get the facts before I make assumptions.

Do you even know what the jury instructions were? I don't since I don't even know what the charges were.

Is there a statute that says you can lawfully resist an unlawful arrest in his state? If not I'd say that's bad advice to all.

Once again you speak to things you know nothing about, disrupting a thread. If you want to participate, do as other participants and watch / read / Google information. We are not your bitches to command, we have no obligation to do your homework. Do the research or shut up and follow along.

Last edited:

Primus

Once again you speak to things you know nothing about, disrupting a thread. If you want to participate, do as other participants and watch / read / Google information. We are not your bitches to command, we have no obligation to do your homework. Do the research or shut up and follow along.

Lol yes sir.... I'll do exactly as your commanding. Do me a favor and hold your breath for me to do that.

sudden valley gunner

No you stated "you shoot to stop not to kill". That wasn't a question.

Then you asked the question about being convicted by a jury, in a manner to lead to the assumption he must be guilty.

So I asked questions about if the jury were fully informed.....

You need statutes for long held common law rights? Your lack of understanding of how law works is frightening. Bad Elk vs. United States ......

eye95

The shot to stop and the shot to kill are the same shot. The only difference is the intent behind the shot. I shoot to stop in the full recognition that there is an extremely high probability that the target will die. The possibility that he might die will not alter my shot. Any desire for him not to die won't either. But the goal is to stop, not to kill.

<o>

Primus

Then you asked the question about being convicted by a jury, in a manner to lead to the assumption he must be guilty.

You need statutes for long held common law rights? Your lack of understanding of how law works is frightening. Bad Elk vs. United States ......

Lol..... wait one.

Primus

Here goes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Elk_v._United_States#cite_note-36

Internet meme and myths

The case has also been cited as giving citizens the authority to resist unlawful arrest on various internet sites, normally in connection with a misquoted version of Plummer v. State.[43] The most commonly quoted version is:
"Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306 [sic]. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed."[44]
In fact, the opposite is true—all of the cases that cite Plummer and most that cite Bad Elk discuss the issue as defense against unlawful force, and most also note that a person may not use force to resist an unlawful arrest

Dont like wiki? ok...

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=52410

This is form the abstract from a book on this subject:

THE RIGHT TO RESIST AN UNLAWFUL ARREST PERMITS REASONABLE PHYSICAL RESISTANCE TO THE OFFICER MAKING AN UNLAWFUL ARREST IN ORDER TO PRESERVE THE ARRESTEE'S LIBERTY. RULES OF SELF-DEFENSE IN THE CONTEXT OF AN ARREST ARE SIMILAR TO RULES OF SELF-DEFENSE GENERALLY. MISSOURI COURTS HAVE RECOGNIZED THE RIGHT TO RESIST AN UNLAWFUL ARREST, BUT THE STATUS OF MISSOURI CASE LAW CONCERNING THIS ISSUE IS SURROUNDED BY CONTROVERSY. STATUTORY LAW ON THE MATTER IS CLEAR; A CRIMINAL CODE HAS BEEN ADOPTED THAT MAKES IT A CRIME TO RESIST OR INTERFERE WITH AN ARREST IF THE ARRESTEE KNOWS THAT A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER IS MAKING THE ARREST. STATUTES ELIMINATING THE DEFENSE OF RESISTING AN UNLAWFUL ARREST, AS WELL AS CASE LAW TO THE SAME EFFECT

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5750000150.htm

This is the statute they are referring to:

Resisting or interfering with arrest--penalty.
575.150. 1. A person commits the crime of resisting or interfering with arrest, detention, or stop if, knowing that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest, or attempting to lawfully detain or stop an individual or vehicle, or the person reasonably should know that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest or attempting to lawfully detain or lawfully stop an individual or vehicle, for the purpose of preventing the officer from effecting the arrest, stop or detention, the person:

(1) Resists the arrest, stop or detention of such person by using or threatening the use of violence or physical force or by fleeing from such officer; or

(2) Interferes with the arrest, stop or detention of another person by using or threatening the use of violence, physical force or physical interference.

2. This section applies to:

(1) Arrests, stops, or detentions, with or without warrants;

(2) Arrests, stops, or detentions, for any crime, infraction, or ordinance violation; and

(3) Arrests for warrants issued by a court or a probation and parole officer.

3. A person is presumed to be fleeing a vehicle stop if that person continues to operate a motor vehicle after that person has seen or should have seen clearly visible emergency lights or has heard or should have heard an audible signal emanating from the law enforcement vehicle pursuing that person.

4. It is no defense to a prosecution pursuant to subsection 1 of this section that the law enforcement officer was acting unlawfully in making the arrest. However, nothing in this section shall be construed to bar civil suits for unlawful arrest.

Ok a little bit more... lets look at Plummer v.s State.... wiki first since it's easy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plummer_v._State

Opinion of the Court
Chief Justice James McCabe delivered the opinion of the court on October 10, 1893. McCabe noted that Dorn may or may not have held the authority to make a warrantless arrest of Plummer. The offense that Plummer committed was a misdemeanor and for Dorn to have legal authority to make that arrest, the offense must have been committed in Dorn's presence.[10] The state cited legal authority to support that it was in his presence, and McCabe said that for the purpose of the opinion, the court would assume that Dorn had the authority to make the arrest.[11] McCabe stated that an officer, in effecting an arrest, is allowed to use force, but only that force that is necessary.[12] He then noted that by striking Plummer with a nightstick before telling Plummer he was under arrest, Dorn had committed a battery by the use of excessive force.[13] Plummer was then entitled to defend himself, and when Dorn shot at Plummer, Plummer had "a clear right to defend himself, even to the taking the life of his assailant."[14] The court held, that by not giving adequate self-defense instructions to the jury, the trial court erred and the conviction was reversed.[15]

Above bolded is to stress this was a SELF DEFENSE case not a RESIST ARREST case...

More from wiki..

Internet Meme
This case is widely cited on the Internet in blogs and discussion groups.[20] The most commonly quoted version is:
“ “Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306 [sic]. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”[21] ”
The quote is a fabrication. There are no known examples of the above quotation being accompanied by a reference giving the year, the court, the state, or a link to the exact wording. The quoted text is not found in the text of Plummer or in any other known ruling by any court. In fact, the opposite is true—all of the cases that cite Plummer discuss the issue as defense against unlawful force, and most also note that a person may not use force to resist an unlawful arrest.[22]

Heres another good one, http://scholarship.law.missouri.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2429&context=mlr

I tried to past, but its blocked. So look at page 6, 7, 8. Explains how they used to accept common law right to resist unlawful arrest. It's now since been taken away with case law and legislation in Missouri. So NO common law doesn't apply.

2 things I noticed about this little bit right here..... 1 people fail to realize what common law is and when its used. Common law is normally used when there isn't ANYTHING ELSE to use. For example, prior to 1979 there wasn't any legislation saying that you COULDN'T resist, so they went with Common law. Prior to Nunes V. State it was accepted. Common law is an appeal to tradition, not always actual legal defense. Sure you can say WE USED TO be able to resist arrest lawfully, back in the 1890s or even better a couple hundred years ago in England. But TODAY you CANNOT RESIST ARREST in Missouri. Period. You CAN apply self defense if you are being beaten or fear for your life/limb. That's an EXCESSIVE FORCE standpoint, not resist arrest. So if you feel the "arrest" is bad, oh well go with it.

Please take time and read this one.... http://scholarship.law.missouri.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2429&context=mlr

Its an article that came out right around the time the statute came into affect and it explains it pretty well.

The SECOND thing I noticed is do a google search of the Bad Elk case... you get TONS of people claiming on the internet you can resist an arrest all the way up to shooting the police. But they are guys like SVG who nit pick the case because they hate the barrel. Both cases on Wiki (I know not the best source) have a whole SECTION dedicated to clearing up the fact that this is propagated falsely on the internet.

So no SVG they wouldn't be informed if the right to resist arrest, because it doesn't exist in Missouri. They wouldn't be given any type of jury instructions unless he claimed it was self defense and that they were using excessive force. They never touched him or went near him so they did use any force. Sure... go ahead use your favorite THREAT of force.... you can't use self defense against the threat of force from LEO, it's EXCESSIVE FORCE, meaning it has to actually occur.

But your right SVG...I have NO IDEA how the law works....:rolleyes: