• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clarity on Req't to provide your Permit? Thoughts on drivers license.

emsjeep

I feel like a broken record with the new members to the forum who are awkwardly (sometimes belligerently) skeptical. From now on, they can read the forum or go without. We should not have to repeat the years of history in this matter in every thread.

The problem is, your opinion, without history or citation is largely useless to any half intelligent person who comes here looking for answers and ends up starting a thread to ask a question. You don't get absolved of the requirement of citations simply because you bless a thread with your presence. Your opinion, while interesting, is largely useless...unless you happen to be a judge...so whats the point of the forum anyway? Why respond to anyone's questions at all, f*ck those new people and how dare they want legitimate, honest and comprehensive answers....yeah, that seems like a great solution; "accept my opinions or go fist yourself, if you have questions the answer is probably somewhere in one of my last 700 posts, enjoy."