• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Contestant for Top SHot season 5

georg jetson

Sons of Guns?

Well my friend Rob hasn't heard from Top Shot yet. However, he did get a call from the producer of Sons Of Guns. They recently lost one of their gunsmiths and he's got a shot at filling the spot.

Thanks to everyone that viewed his video!!

Last edited:

Dogbait

"Video not available on mobile devices" guess I won't be watching :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

georg jetson

Last word I got was that it hadn't been cancelled, but they were debating whether to renew the contract for a fifth season.

What do you have that's newer than mid-April?

Well, a cancellation would reduce his chances. :)

From what I understand, he's spent a few days filming with Sons of Guns. Apparently they've even given him a nickname... we'll see what happens.

Hopefully SofG doesn't get cancelled too.

Last edited:

georg jetson

Rob now has a contract with Jupiter entertainment(Son's of Guns) and will be on the show for the new season in September.

Thanks again to everybody that viewed him on youtube!!!

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Rob now has a contract with Jupiter entertainment(Son's of Guns) and will be on the show for the new season in September.

Thanks again to everybody that viewed him on youtube!!!

Well, that's great news!! Tell him congrats from all of us and hopefully I'll see him on the TV soon.

georg jetson

Well, that's great news!! Tell him congrats from all of us and hopefully I'll see him on the TV soon.

Will do.

Rob's an OC guy but, he's not an internet forum guy. He's one of the many here in La. that OC yet are not actively involved with groups like OCDO. However, he does engage in spreading the word by educating his customers about OC.

He was very disappointed to find out that he wasn't allowed to OC whle filming at Red Jacket.

Edit - I found out he was able to OC with them "in the field". Perhaps he'll persude them over to "shop" carry.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I about hurled when he was spinning the gun on his finger at 5:22.

Trolling aside I thought the video was awful, and corny.

>shoots randomly into the woods with various weapons

>"now that I've shown you my marksmanship skills i wanna be top shot lolololololol"

Seems like a nice guy though - just had a really cheesy video.

georg jetson

I about hurled when he was spinning the gun on his finger at 5:22.

Trolling aside I thought the video was awful, and corny.

>shoots randomly into the woods with various weapons

>"now that I've shown you my marksmanship skills i wanna be top shot lolololololol"

Seems like a nice guy though - just had a really cheesy video.

I agree... some of it is cheesy. lol!! My favorite part is him saying "A quick word on experience and training"... AND then he begins the story at childhood. Ha!!

He was trying to go for entertainment as much as anything. He had sent in an application for season 4 with a much more serious and boring video. He didn't get a call so he thought he'd try this. If you laughed, then mission accomplished.

Though he's attempting to get into the entertainment business, he takes his current gunsmithing VERY seriously. He's considered one of the best around. I hope they capture that in SoG.

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:

mustangkiller

Season 1 Episode 1

The guy who won is named Jeff Blooveman. He's a hell of a nice guy and knows his stuff. If you wanna get some real world training, he's the guy to talk to. Prices are dirt cheap and he will travel. Look him up. I have his number. If you guys wanna talk to him, shoot me a pm.