• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dash/Windshield Mounted Video Cameras and State Laws

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skid, just FYI, here is what your CD tray is supposed to look like. Notice the smaller indention in the center of the tray. That should be the size for your mini-CD.

TFred

800px-Cd-rom-laufwerk-geoeffnet.jpg

As I said - just the Big Gulp cup holder hole. When the drawer opens there's no way to reach inside and lose the mini-frisbee into some gearing. Apparently all the other electicalish stuff in your picture resides inside the box rather than coming out with the Big Gulp cup holder.

Instead of telling me what my CD tray is supposed to look like, why don't you tell the manufacturer? [/fake umberage]

stay safe.

USNA69

Can this CD drive controversy be as simple as this?

Desktop tower CD drive trays typically look like big gulp cup holders. The drive hub is internal and cannot be seen. The mini-CD will not work with this drive.

Laptop/portable CD drives have the drive hub built in to the ejectable tray. They would be able to accept a mini CD.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Desktop tower CD drive trays typically look like big gulp cup holders. The drive hub is internal and cannot be seen. The mini-CD will not work with this drive.

Laptop/portable CD drives have the drive hub built in to the ejectable tray. They would be able to accept a mini CD.

Kinda sorta no. Depends more on who built it when.

Both of the disk drives in my horizonal "tower" will accept either.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

And just who invited you to inject logic into this discussion?:uhoh:

stay safe.

blade10

SD Card caution

Bought the 25 dollar dash cam on a Saturday night and had it in my hand 2 days later - last Monday afternoon. Thought I would pass along that my PNY microsd 16gb and 32gb cards (both class 10, using micro to sd adapter) do *not* work and randomly become corrupt requiring a reformat at the most inappropriate times - and sometimes the camera simply locked up.

I picked up a Lexmark 16GB class 4 regular SD card on sale at Walmart for 12 dollars and it works perfectly, no speed issues, locking up, or anything at all. It works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

BTW, the video settings indicate a 1080 setting, but I honestly cant tell any visual difference between the 720 and 1080 settings.

Overall, not bad for the money. Just wish the PNY card hadn't decided to crash after I honked the horn at someone as they cut me off because they then got in front of my and started backing up a bit at the next light. I assume wanting to intimidate me, but I had left enough room for their stupidity. I probably should have called the cops on them but couldnt get the tag number safely so I figured it would be pointless... :(

Blade