• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Didier supporters

mb419

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I was there at the start of the Tea Party movement, but with the Repubs trying to take it over, it has lost it's integrity.

Free loader, riiight.

Hopefully, some of you will wake up.

Metalhead47

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I was there at the start of the Tea Party movement, but with the Repubs trying to take it over, it has lost it's integrity.

Free loader, riiight.

Hopefully, some of you will wake up.

Wake up and do what, exactly? Overthrow the gov't? Throw the bums out by force? Tar & feather the whole lot & deport them to Canada maybe? Cuz that's the only way ya'll are going to get the "overnight" libertarian paradise you seem to be expecting.

I've got a reality check for you my friend (and I do sincerely mean that), the only hope for the PEACEFUL, POLITICAL salvation of this country, the ONLY hope, is in the Republican party, as much as it sucks to admit it. I've got news for you man, your ideals - OUR ideals - are in the MINORITY. The dems are no allies of ours, they dismiss us all as a bunch of right-wing gun nut kooks (and yes, as far as they're concerned you fall right in there, whether you call yourself "right wing" or not). The Republicans aren't much better, but at least ON PAPER their political ideals -small government, personal liberty, personal responsibility, and constitutional government- are in line with our own. Y'all - WE - need to stop disowning the party and TAKE IT BACK! Grab it by the collar, rub its nose in its own mess, and get it back on the straight & narrow.

The sorry state we find our nation in today didn't happen overnight. It happened incrementally, bit by bit, over decades, and that's the ONLY way it's going to be changed barring some national or global cataclysm. We all (well, alot of us) like to talk about the SHTF around here, but do you really WANT that?? Does ANYONE?? Do you want people starving in the streets, civil war and cities burned to the ground? Personally, I don't. I want a PEACEFUL, POLITICAL salvation, and I still think there's hope for one. But the only way that can happen is playing the political game. Yeah it sucks, and ya don't win every race, and sometimes you gotta pick the lesser evil, but honestly, do you think there's a better solution? This is politics, how it's ALWAYS been, since the day they signed the Constitution. The goal is to make things JUST A LITTLE better each year, each election cycle, each administration. Its been steadily getting worse for a long time now, but it looks like, LOOKS LIKE we might be on the tipping point of turning back the other way. Yeah, the WA senate race is a bust this year, but looks what's been going on nationally. We've seen things in the last year or so that are nearly unprecedented, the incumbents on both sides are dropping like flies LEFT and RIGHT.

Vote your conscience, do what you feel you must, but like someone else said, I'd rather swim in **** than drown in it. And I think my feet are nearly touching the bottom at last.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Wake up and do what, exactly? Overthrow the gov't? Throw the bums out by force? Tar & feather the whole lot & deport them to Canada maybe? Cuz that's the only way ya'll are going to get the "overnight" libertarian paradise you seem to be expecting.

I've got a reality check for you my friend (and I do sincerely mean that), the only hope for the PEACEFUL, POLITICAL salvation of this country, the ONLY hope, is in the Republican party, as much as it sucks to admit it. I've got news for you man, your ideals - OUR ideals - are in the MINORITY. The dems are no allies of ours, they dismiss us all as a bunch of right-wing gun nut kooks (and yes, as far as they're concerned you fall right in there, whether you call yourself "right wing" or not). The Republicans aren't much better, but at least ON PAPER their political ideals -small government, personal liberty, personal responsibility, and constitutional government- are in line with our own. Y'all - WE - need to stop disowning the party and TAKE IT BACK! Grab it by the collar, rub its nose in its own mess, and get it back on the straight & narrow.

The sorry state we find our nation in today didn't happen overnight. It happened incrementally, bit by bit, over decades, and that's the ONLY way it's going to be changed barring some national or global cataclysm. We all (well, alot of us) like to talk about the SHTF around here, but do you really WANT that?? Does ANYONE?? Do you want people starving in the streets, civil war and cities burned to the ground? Personally, I don't. I want a PEACEFUL, POLITICAL salvation, and I still think there's hope for one. But the only way that can happen is playing the political game. Yeah it sucks, and ya don't win every race, and sometimes you gotta pick the lesser evil, but honestly, do you think there's a better solution? This is politics, how it's ALWAYS been, since the day they signed the Constitution. The goal is to make things JUST A LITTLE better each year, each election cycle, each administration. Its been steadily getting worse for a long time now, but it looks like, LOOKS LIKE we might be on the tipping point of turning back the other way. Yeah, the WA senate race is a bust this year, but looks what's been going on nationally. We've seen things in the last year or so that are nearly unprecedented, the incumbents on both sides are dropping like flies LEFT and RIGHT.

Vote your conscience, do what you feel you must, but like someone else said, I'd rather swim in **** than drown in it. And I think my feet are nearly touching the bottom at last.

Well said.

joejoejoe

Fifty three years ago Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev uttered these words, “We will bury you without firing a shot.”

Seems peace won that war. Unfortunately, freedom isn't free. It was fought for. Unfortunately, I don't think we are gonna get out of this mess via peace. Like I said, I will vote for Rossi only so Patty got the message that she can be voted out. I want that message to carry on to all politicians. I want Rossi to get it, but I can't say I expect it.

Just remember the good words of Thomas Paine,

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

Joe

Squeak

Dang, Metalhead47, you beat me this time! Very well said! Come to Bremerton Sat. so WE can shake your hand!:banana: No, this gets:banana::banana::banana: !

jt59

One small other item here in the discussion, is that in addition to voting for whomever isn't a (D), we are also voting in for what will be a re-balancing the power in Congress.

The upside/downside of no super majorities are, that it may well slow the process down, but for me, looking at the debacle of the last 8-9 months and the rest of the minority that is supposedly represented by the same gov't, it brings new meaning to the quote "absolute power, corrupts absolutely"

Don't know where you get your information but Dino Rossi was the State Senator for the 5th Legislative District from 1997 through 2003. Not sure I should pay much attention to someone who doesn't know that (or couldn't find it with a simple Google search). Oh, yeah, BTW: Murray is a Democrat. Opposing the 2nd Amendment is what they do. Just like supporting abortion, it's in their DNA. There, that ought to start a nice little fire. ;-)

PS - - your list has 8 items directly related to firearms. Murray was on the wrong side on 7 of them. Pretty simple math as far as I'm concerned.

Metalhead47

Fifty three years ago Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev uttered these words, “We will bury you without firing a shot.”

Seems peace won that war. Unfortunately, freedom isn't free. It was fought for. Unfortunately, I don't think we are gonna get out of this mess via peace. Like I said, I will vote for Rossi only so Patty got the message that she can be voted out. I want that message to carry on to all politicians. I want Rossi to get it, but I can't say I expect it.

Just remember the good words of Thomas Paine,

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

Joe

Y'know what man? I agree with you 100%. I think within our lifetimes we're ALL going to be knee deep in some severe heavy ****. Those of us who make to old & decrepit-ness are gonna have some awful stores to pass on to the younguns, that, or just get really quite, with a far off look in our eyes when the youngster asks, "grampa, what did you do in the war? And I do think after all that suffering, we'll be better off for it.

BUT GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY I DON'T WANT IT TO COME TO THAT!!!

I wanna live my life as I always have, go to my well-paying dead-end job every day, come home to my wife at night, and bitch about the gov't.

When the **** starts to fall, I know EXACTLY where I will stand. But UNTIL THAT POINT, I will fight like HELL, politically speaking, to make sure any future offspring of mine never have to ask that question.

Oh, and thanks Squeak & gogo, but (un?)fortunately this Saturday I'll be plugging away at that dead-end job I mentioned. :rolleyes:

amlevin

WE - need to stop disowning the party and TAKE IT BACK! Grab it by the collar, rub its nose in its own mess, and get it back on the straight & narrow.

To elaborate a little on Metalhead47's message. First of all, if I understand correctly, the "Tea Party" isn't as much a new political party as it is a "movement" thats goal was to re-direct the Republican Party. Those who might be called founders wanted to bring back the goals and ideals that they feel are missing from the current party platform. I seriously doubt that Sarah Palin, to name one, is interested in starting a new party as she is in energizing those in the party that also feel the GOP has more Geritol than blood in its veins.

Second point, Metalhead's admonishment to take back the party is only going to be accomplished in one way. That is to start at the grass roots of the party system. How many here (a show of hands perhaps) have actually attended a precinct meeting? Just a bunch of Republicans meeting in your neighborhood, drinking tea, coffe, or pop, while chewing a cookie or two and discussing who might make a good candidate for the offices that will be elected next time around. This is were it all starts. Precincts, Caucus', County Convention, State Convention, and National Convention, are the places where the party direction is determined. Not in the street meetings where there are a lot of hand painted signs and shouting of catchy slogans. That's media crap. Ever notice how the "demonstrations" look huge on TV but when attending in person some look like all the participants would fit in one school bus?

The party makeup and candidates will always mirror the people that participate. If you think the Republican Party has lost it's way and has become the party of "Old Farts" then that just means that they are the only ones active. If you think their candidates are out of touch, then it's long past time to get active and make a change. Anyone ever heard the old simple expression "If it's to be, it's up to me"? Keep waiting for someone to make changes and it will be way too late. It will be the "old farts" and political opportunists that realize they can weasel their way into being a candidate for something or another that will be representing the GOP while the best candidates and in turn, leaders, are sitting on their asses and carping about how there aren't any good choices from their party.

GET INVOLVED! Find out who the movers and shakers are in your neighborhood and attend their next get together. You may not get your point across the first time but persistance will make a difference. More doers and less bitchers are what's needed for change in the GOP. Hey! Guess What? The Dem's figured it out and they were able to elect their guy. Talk about a lousy candidate. Even the "Jackasses" are sorry they put this hack in office if you can believe the polls.

joejoejoe

One small other item here in the discussion, is that in addition to voting for whomever isn't a (D), we are also voting in for what will be a re-balancing the power in Congress.

Yeah. That is a good point. Anything getting them bickering back and forth at one another and NOT passing laws is good too ;)

Joe~

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Hopefully the right will get their crap together, or Murray will have this one in the bag. If the right lose this election over Murray, it is by their own hand.

The Dixie Chicks didn't say anything wrong.

Agreed they didn't say anything wrong. They did however provide a phony apology and ruin their career. They became loudmouths versus providing intelligent dialogue. I have far more respect for Bono and his relationship building with world leaders than I could ever have for Natalie Maines and her attitude. And I agree with Maines "I'm not ready to make nice." :lol:

mb419

- Forwarded to me, and now to you. -

Read this slowly, let it sink in, VOTE in November

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be please read the entire article.

The article below is completely neutral, not anti republican or democrat.

Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day.

It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!
545 vs. 300,000,000

EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE -- By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he/she votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.... . The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace
545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power..

They and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

Vote all fiscally irresponsible politicians out of office and clean up their mess!
It's now or never, we must save America before it's too late!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it......... Is up to you.

Sales Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
Dog License Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Social Security Tax
Service Charge Tax
Fishing License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Building Permit Tax
IRS Interest Charges
Hunting License Tax
Marriage License Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Personal Property Tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What in the hell happened? Can you spell 'politicians? ' I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times!!!
YOU can help it get there!!!
GO AHEAD - - - BE AN AMERICAN!!!

jt59

- Forwarded to me, and now to you. -

Read this slowly, let it sink in, VOTE in November

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be please read the entire article.

The article below is completely neutral, not anti republican or democrat.

Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day.

It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!
545 vs. 300,000,000

EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE -- By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he/she votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.... . The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace
545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power..

They and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

Vote all fiscally irresponsible politicians out of office and clean up their mess!
It's now or never, we must save America before it's too late!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it......... Is up to you.

Sales Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
Dog License Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Social Security Tax
Service Charge Tax
Fishing License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Building Permit Tax
IRS Interest Charges
Hunting License Tax
Marriage License Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Personal Property Tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What in the hell happened? Can you spell 'politicians? ' I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times!!!
YOU can help it get there!!!
GO AHEAD - - - BE AN AMERICAN!!!

+100

sudden valley gunner

There is no hope in voting for the lesser of two evils. The false paradigm of left right politics makes me sick. Both parties are so far off a constitutional base it's sickening. If you want socialism now vote (D) if you want to wait a few years for it vote (R). They are both twigs of the same branch and party.

Yet folks feel we are supposed to be center or center right of two parties (if the false left right line is insisted on being used) that are way way way to the left? I don't buy it.

I will not vote until there is a candidate that truly believes in liberty. And that does not make me a freeloader.

Squeak

There is no hope in voting for the lesser of two evils. The false paradigm of left right politics makes me sick. Both parties are so far off a constitutional base it's sickening. If you want socialism now vote (D) if you want to wait a few years for it vote (R). They are both twigs of the same branch and party.

Yet folks feel we are supposed to be center or center right of two parties (if the false left right line is insisted on being used) that are way way way to the left? I don't buy it.

I will not vote until there is a candidate that truly believes in liberty. And that does not make me a freeloader.

SVG; Man we all feel the same way, or nearly so. If you dont vote to get rid of the imcumbents, we haven't gained a thing. I believe that if we show them we mean business, it can help. We have never been this angry before. The incumbents see what is happening and they are scared. Look at Murray. One of her campaign people quit. We thought we had a candidate or did have one, but it didn't work out. I'm going to vote because if I don't, they win by default.

Jeff Hayes

SVG; Man we all feel the same way, or nearly so. If you dont vote to get rid of the imcumbents, we haven't gained a thing. I believe that if we show them we mean business, it can help. We have never been this angry before. The incumbents see what is happening and they are scared. Look at Murray. One of her campaign people quit. We thought we had a candidate or did have one, but it didn't work out. I'm going to vote because if I don't, they win by default.

+1000, I will vote for Rossi and then post haste gargle with pickle juice to attempt to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Rossi is the only answer avaliable to solve the Murry problem, so lets get together and solve the Murry problem and later on we can solve the Rossi problem. Folks this is going to take a while to get this country turned around. Any step in the right direction is progress in this case Rossi is a small baby step in the right direction. Not much better but somewhat better than Murry. VOTE and stay the course we may not get it all done over the next ten years but we can get a long way down the road.

amlevin

The best message that can be sent in this next election is to send as many incumbents as possible home. Our Congress and State Legislature are like a lawn that has gone to pot. Only cure is to either scrape it off and re-sod or roto-till and re-seed.

The "Tea Party" movement is a great start but for it to be successful it will have to avoid two pitfalls. One is the opportunistic politicians that are merely playing "chameleon" and trying to gain political support. The other is those "far out whackos" that can turn off more voters than not. This movement is no different than the "progressive" movement that has taken over the old Democratic Party.

---------
"The Democratic Party evolved from Anti-Federalist factions that opposed the fiscal policies of Alexander Hamilton in the early 1790s. Thomas Jefferson and James Madison organized these factions into the Democratic-Republican Party. The party favored states' rights and strict adherence to the Constitution; it opposed a national bank and wealthy, moneyed interests. The Democratic-Republican Party ascended to power in the election of 1800. After the War of 1812, the party's chief rival, the Federalist Party disbanded. Democratic-Republicans split over the choice of a successor to President James Monroe, and the party faction that supported many of the old Jeffersonian principles, led by Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, became the Democratic Party. Along with the Whig Party, the Democratic Party was the chief party in the United States until the Civil War"
------------------------------------

Last edited:

heresolong

What has the TEA party movement done to indicate that it has lost it's integrity? I would suggest that the exact opposite has occurred. Look at Arizona. JD Hayworth was the Tea Party's candidate. He then made it clear that he was as corrupt as many in Washington with his ads pushing big government tax give-aways and the Tea Party abandoned him.

Just because neither Didier or Akers was able to beat Rossi doesn't say anything about the Tea Party. However, refusing to vote for Rossi because he doesn't stand for 100% of the things that you do doesn't accomplish anything. Get behind Rossi, see how he does for the next six years (which is guaranteed to be better than Murray even if not where you want it to be) and then run a more conservative candidate against him in the next primary. We have been losing our country since FDR, we aren't going to get it back in one election.

You also stated that the R's were just as culpable as the D's. I agree to a certain extent but let's check the record. The R's, in the first six years of Bush, managed to rack up less debt that the D's have racked up in the first year and a half of Obama. Since the Tea party is about Taxes, that is a huge difference.

I'm not excusing what the R's and Bush didn't do. I wanted to see rollbacks of federal programs, elimination of unconstitutional programs and laws, reduction of taxes and debt. I was very disappointed in that six year window and the lack of results. But the last two years have clearly defined the difference. The D's are adding debt, federal employees, and federal programs at a rate that makes the Bush years look like a handbook by John Stuart Mill. Was the first six years terrible? Yes. Could it have been worse? Just look at the last two years.

And to return to the current topic of Dino Rossi, his record as a State Senator was one of fiscal responsibility. I don't like his namby pamby ads, each of which seems to include the phrase "while protecting the most vulnerable among us", which I think is a huge cop out to a serious analysis of the Constitutionality of various federal programs, but he has a much more conservative record than Murray and I believe that we can keep him on the right track. If not, it's better than Murray no matter what, and out he goes in 2016.