• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DirtyKoala is Off the Air!

coolusername2007

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
The memo is a published document, some care went into preparing it. Also the author knew it was likely to see the light of day and needed to be the thought out policy of the department.

The internal, back and forth emails have a different spirit, more akin to the authors frank opinion stated in the memo. When you don't think anyone will read your interdepartmental emails more truth comes out.

Great memo! We should hang it in the OC hall of fame or something. Policy is all I care about. The author is free to his/her own personal opinion, of which I couldn't care less. However, his/her professional actions are what matter most. As long as they follow the law, don't harass, don't detain, and don't violate one's protected rights.

Now, I do wish the memo emphasized the fact that the 12031(e) checks are optional. And personally I would like to see every UOC'er respectfully remind the LEO of this fact during his/her e-check. Again, its an educational issue.

inbox485

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Now, I do wish the memo emphasized the fact that the 12031(e) checks are optional.  And personally I would like to see every UOC'er respectfully remind the LEO of this fact during his/her e-check.  Again, its an educational issue.
I'd be shocked if the response was anything other than "so is open carry".