• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Carry Legislative Alert - SB 234 on Senate Calendar 4/27

jonkknox

For whoever will be watching on the Florida Channel:

It might take a little longer than what I read earlier (maybe this thread or couldve been another).

I just read this on the April 27 calendar: http://flsenate.gov/Session/Calendars/2011/April_27,_2011

DAILY ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Roll Call
2. Prayer
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
4. Reports of Committees
5. Motions relating to committee reference
6. Messages from the Governor and other executive communications
7. Messages from the House of Representatives
8. Matters on reconsideration
9. Consideration of Bills on Third (3rd) Reading
10. Special Order Calendars
11. Consideration of Bills on Second (2nd) Reading
12. Correction and approval of the Journal

So they don't get to our bills til way down there. No idea how long those other matters could possibly take- probably not long, but in case anyone is wondering tomorrow when they're ever going to get to the bills..

~*'Phoenix'*~

For whoever will be watching on the Florida Channel:

It might take a little longer than what I read earlier (maybe this thread or couldve been another).

I just read this on the April 27 calendar: http://flsenate.gov/Session/Calendars/2011/April_27,_2011

DAILY ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Roll Call
2. Prayer
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
4. Reports of Committees
5. Motions relating to committee reference
6. Messages from the Governor and other executive communications
7. Messages from the House of Representatives
8. Matters on reconsideration
9. Consideration of Bills on Third (3rd) Reading
10. Special Order Calendars
11. Consideration of Bills on Second (2nd) Reading
12. Correction and approval of the Journal

So they don't get to our bills til way down there. No idea how long those other matters could possibly take- probably not long, but in case anyone is wondering tomorrow when they're ever going to get to the bills..

1-7 sound quick and painless. 8 and 9 will suck, considering we're at ten. Probably don't bother watching until after their lunch break. I sure wish my jobs had given me an hour and a half lunch breaks :rolleyes: