• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FLORIDA TV STATION HAVING TROUBLE finding someone to oppose open carry on-air

RedRuger

http://blog.robballen.com/2010/11/04/p4380-having-a-hard-time-finding-white-people-to-scare.post

Having a hard time finding white people to scare

Sean Caranna is the founder of Florida Open Carry. He’s got a television interview coming up where he is debating someone who is Pro-2A, but anti Open Carry.

One slight problem

A Tampa TV station wants to do a 4-minute point/counterpoint piece on open carry, but they are having a hard time finding someone who is pro 2A but anti open carry. All of the anti-2A people they have found have been nut balls! They called police agencies in the Tampa area but no one is anti open carry!

I need to find someone to debate. Credentialed individuals such as NRA instructors would be best but anyone will do.

The station wants to film by the 16th and air on the 18th.

Know anyone?

Hotshot718

Did they check the local gun shows?

Everytime I've passed out fliers about open carry at the gun shows, I've always found pro-2a anti-OC people who feel so special with that little piece of plastic in their wallets and espouse the benefits of the "element of surprise." Not saying I don't have that expensive piece of plastic in my wallet (CC is better than No C) but it would be much more comfortable to lug my full size Glock around if I could do it openly. And quite frankly, if I never have to use the "element of surprise" by using the "element of deterrent", well that'd be just fine with me.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Everytime I've passed out fliers about open carry at the gun shows, I've always found pro-2a anti-OC people who feel so special with that little piece of plastic in their wallets and espouse the benefits of the "element of surprise."

Bingo, the elitist only-ones have had it for too long in this State.

I'd love to be shown that I'm wrong, but I still say it'll never happen here. The elitism is too well entrenched.

The 'element of surprise' is for aggressors only. It has never served a defensive purpose, ever.

press1280

You don't need to find your own opponent. They can call up the Brady Campaign or whoever if they want to.

I think they want to actually have an intelligent debate instead of one side talking about "shootouts in the streets."

Some of the posts talk about needing a permit to carry. The issue is whether open carry should be allowed, period. The licensing aspect is another topic completely separate from OC/CC.

Bkerndt

?

All set, it will be on Tampa Fox 13 on the 18th.

Must have missed it. Maybe they bumped it for the dog story ?

I dvr' ed everything from good day Tampa bay at 4:30 am To 10 am, 1200 news, 5 news, 6 news, to the end of the 11 news. missed the news edge at 11 thing after that, but dvr'd that too when it airs this morning.

Hope it shows up.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran