• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former ATF Agent to Speak at Anti-gun Group's Event - 3/10/19 - Lexington Library

OC for ME

I was referring to non-liberals...those reasonable folks.

Your comments are on point regarding the futility of engaging liberals in any form of reasonable discussions on the restoration of our individual liberties. It is about the gun, to liberals, not gun owners.

poetdante

I was referring to non-liberals...those reasonable folks.

Your comments are on point regarding the futility of engaging liberals in any form of reasonable discussions on the restoration of our individual liberties. It is about the gun, to liberals, not gun owners.

Ah. Fair point

OC for ME

Ironic, and unfortunate, that liberals refuse to admit their hatred for those 2000 innocent gun owners who saved themselves from criminal acts by using a gun in lawful SD.

poetdante

I Stand corrected.

I've never heard of or seen one outside of Derby Lex or Jefferson county .

If east of that they must stay well hidden. Lol

The Louisville meetings are usually at the 1st Unitarian Church. Based on what I can recall of the building, and given this photo came from the KY chapter's FB page, I think this is their Louisville Chapter. I recognize 4 folks in the photo. I count over 200 in this photo.

53297087_1364672810331061_4220367635373621248_o.jpg

East of Lexington folks are more spread out, harder to get folks to come together. But I saw a couple of their red shirts in Letcher County

Ghost1958

The Louisville meetings are usually at the 1st Unitarian Church. Based on what I can recall of the building, and given this photo came from the KY chapter's FB page, I think this is their Louisville Chapter. I recognize 4 folks in the photo. I count over 200 in this photo.

53297087_1364672810331061_4220367635373621248_o.jpg

East of Lexington folks are more spread out, harder to get folks to come together. But I saw a couple of their red shirts in Letcher County

Yes sir east of Lex is more spread out. And from my experience traveling around KY plus family scattered about, quite a bit less liberal.

I don't worry about MDA in KY much.

Other than in Louisville or LEX never saw them accomplish much.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You cannot get gun owners together on any regular basis. They are independent minds that resist being herded like cats. That becomes a problem, because we staunch gun owners will be forced to mobilize to stop the hemorrhaging at some point. But, where is that line in the sand?

poetdante

Yes sir east of Lex is more spread out. And from my experience traveling around KY plus family scattered about, quite a bit less liberal.

I don't worry about MDA in KY much.

Other than in Louisville or LEX never saw them accomplish much.

The danger of Louisville and Lexington is the number of people they have that are actively working to turn KY into the next California, or at the very least not opposed to it. Louisville alone had nearly 20 state congressmen and 10 state senators. Both sides of the isle have voted against pro-gun bills and the dems propose radical anti-gun bills every year. Last session there were about 35 votes against sb150. I do not consider that insignificant as it is 1/3 of the votes. And based on my time in Appalachian territory, lots of liberals going there, especially for artsy stuff like Cowan folk music school

OC for ME

You cannot get gun owners together on any regular basis. They are independent minds that resist being herded like cats. That becomes a problem, because we staunch gun owners will be forced to mobilize to stop the hemorrhaging at some point. But, where is that line in the sand?
When there is a knock...or no-knock, on their door? Too late at that point.

Typically, and from my direct experience with my FUDD relatives, as long as they (FUDDs) can take game and keep a pistol in the night stand, they will not work to preserve our current liberties until it is too late and then no amount of work they will put forth will restore even what we had today.

Ghost1958

Everyone has their line in the sand. Especially in KY. Here even though it's gun friendly here, that line isn't that far away.
They took a decent step removing ccdw permit requirement. But that should never have existed to start with.

We are moving back in the right direction for a change. JMO

Ghost1958

When there is a knock...or no-knock, on their door? Too late at that point.

Typically, and from my direct experience with my FUDD relatives, as long as they (FUDDs) can take game and keep a pistol in the night stand, they will not work to preserve our current liberties until it is too late and then no amount of work they will put forth will restore even what we had today.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Everyone has their line in the sand. Especially in KY. Here even though it's gun friendly here, that line isn't that far away.
They took a decent step removing ccdw permit requirement. But that should never have existed to start with.

We are moving back in the right direction for a change. JMO
Maybe in KY, but not necessarily in other states. Lets not forget that mad mommies are hell bent on taking your rights away.

eye95

Sarcasm. After saying that they only wanted to take guns from bad guys, they listed all the places that they wanted no one to carry, including good guys.

solus

The gheee is thick on this thread and is the rhetorical tirade solving any of mom’s anti social posturing?

Nawalllll didn’t think so...

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
The meeting, which was attended by upwards of 30 people (excluding those who support the RKBA) was interesting. Excluding the aforementioned RKBA supporters, there were only four males in attendance, including the main speaker, a former ATF agent.

Within the first two or three minutes the speakers reinforced why I call them (the group, not every individual) the "Lying Mommies". How, you might ask? Well, the first speaker made a statement to the effect that "We're not opposed to gun owners, we just want to keep guns from dangerous people", then the third speaker recounted MDA's activities in Frankfort and said something like "We want less guns in public"!

Another speaker spoke earnestly about how constitutional carry was sure to increase gun injuries and deaths.

The main speaker also acknowledged that MDA and other groups are under the umbrella of Everytown.

The main speaker, despite evidently being forced to use a slide presentation put together by Lying Mommy headquarters, was in the main accurate. He probably frustrated some of the attendees when, in response to a question about why anyone would want to own an evil killing machine, I mean an AR-15 or AK-47 variant, he said something like "For many reasons, target shooting, sport, hunting".

I would have liked to stick around and attempt to talk to some of the attendees, but had gotten a rotten night's sleep the night before.

THANKS to poetdante for the heads-up! Please continue to do so.

HP995

Dishonest and tricky to the core. Remember Charlie Brown and Lucy? The football? How about your own mother, Charlie Brown, wouldn't you trust her? That's why it's always "Moms" in the title. It's really that simple.

Also sad. The main speaker sounds like another fake He-Man/cucked Hero who had potential but has sold out his country and his own integrity. We have too many strong men who are not so mentally or morally strong and end up doing more harm than good. Easy for manipulators to take a youngster eager to prove himself and get him on the wrong track. Then after a career sometimes serving dubious interests they end up doing EveryLie speeches when retired. And deep down they know it. Sucks to be him. 😁

eye95

Actually, the speaker gave an honest and factual presentation.

Some facts were slightly in error, but he took correction well. His purpose was to inform the “moms” as to proper use of terminology, in order to make them look less stupid. They seemed to take it well, except when the facts interfered with their narrative, such as when he discussed ARs and AKs.

BTW, not only does AR not stand for “assault rifle”, it does not stand for “Armalite rifle”. It only stands for “Armalite”. The AR-24 is a pistol. That was the only correction I provided, and he took it in stride.

I think he is a fool for aligning himself with MDA, but he acquitted himself well in his presentation.