UNC School of Government is offering a free webinar (registration required) on the 20th of March.
[h=1]Gun Control and the Second Amendment[/h]In this free webinar, School of Government faculty member Jeff Welty explores the law of guns and gun control. Topics to be addressed include:
Participants will also be able to submit questions during the webinar.
- The Second Amendment
- The right to bear arms under North Carolina’s state constitution
- Existing federal and state gun laws
- Proposed gun regulations, including the proposed federal assault weapons ban
- City and county power to regulate guns
- Whether state law enforcement officers may or must enforce federal gun laws
- The legal status of “open carry”