• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC experience in Louisville - Thumbs up LMPD

kywildcat581

This incident happened a few years ago, but I was browsing the forums and reading when this hit my memory...

I stopped into a Thornton's off of Dixie Hwy in Louisville a few years back, It was really late at night and I was OC at the time. Pulling into the parking lot I noticed a few LMPD cruisers on my way in. Well I got in and went to fix my coffee, which by chance was right there with the LMPD officers, seems that three of them had met up there like they usually do. I just had light conversation with the officers for a few minutes about how their night was going. Well the manager approached us (me and the officers) and asked me if I was a LEO. I told her no, im a guy who just wants some coffee. Her question to me was.. " If you aren't an officer then how can you carry a gun like that and I can't?" Surprisingly, right when I was about to respond, LMPD beat me to it. He told her how she can carry herself, go buy a gun, holster, and put it on. He informed her the OC was legal and it's her right as long as she can purchase the firearm, she could OC it.

I just finished my small talk, paid for my coffee and went about my way.... but, thumbs up for LMPD for this, and it really makes a positive image to OC when an officer informs citizens of their rights. I am not sure why I didn't share this story before, or why I didnt sent the chief a huge Kudos on these officers and knowledge/hanling of the situation. I really wish I would have taken the names of them for that. It was late and I was ready to head home and get to bed though. But if by chance those officers are on this forum, you deserve a pat on the back for that one...

Anyhow, gotta work early tomorrow.. g'night OC!

Ashtonian18

That's awesome! I am near Radcliff/E-town and i'm pretty comfortable with the atmosphere here (I'm a small town guy from GA). but every once in a while i find myself in the Louisville area and it makes me a bit cautious being in a city like that OC'ing because i have no idea how LE would treat me. I'm really glad that you had such a pleasant experience and i feel a little better about that area thanks to your testament. Sounds like a fine LE presence in that town. Thanks for the post.

kywildcat581

Well, everyone is different and I am sure there are some sour LEO out there, but I have ever had a problem with them in Louisville and I have OC'd many times there... good luck!