• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my LTCH!

Murphy

LTCH arrived while I was out of state.
It took eight business days (12 days total), from submitting paperwork, (and I went through L1), to having it arrive, so I can't really complain.
I'll probably bounce back and forth between oc and cc for a while, until I get used to it, and see how the folks "around here" handle it.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Congrats!!! OC as much as possible. It helps raise awareness so people will "handle" better when they see it.

Murphy

Congrats!!! OC as much as possible. It helps raise awareness so people will "handle" better when they see it.

Thanks my friend! I probably will...
Not sure about what anyone else went through, but the L1 proceedure wasn't so hard. The State Police were professional and courteous, and I enjoyed talking with them. The only "grump" was the lady that worked for L1 that had to take my fingerprints. She seemed to be having a bad day, or a case of "The Fridays"....

Murphy

What part of the state do you live in? I open carry up north here South Bend/Mishawaka and into Michigan.

Marion County, West Side of Indy, heading out towards Avon...
Had to go downtown to the Govt. Building on Senate Ave for the process. Biggest issue was navigating and trying to find a spot in the parking garage...

All in all, I've had 100% positive experiences with all of the ISP officers I've ever met.

Murphy

What is the L1?

L1 is this process of getting your app stuff done for ISP online. It allows you to do your forms and paperwork for ISP< and to set up a time for your prints at ISP HQ. You then go there on the date/time, and they take your prints electronicially. It cuts down on the paper prints, time, etc...that ISP needs. You still have to do prints with Marion Co. Sheriffs Dept. etc...but L1 does cut down the time for your LTCH tremendously.

It's worth the money IMHO.