• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun ban at Seattle parks facilities goes into effect

thefirststrike

imported post

I live in Moscow, Idaho...too farto make it toany protest or OC activity to fight this. But I sure wish I could join you all for this. The incredible thing with these pols is that they actually try to insist that public property is private property.

I still find it difficult to believe that we can all be banned from Post Offices, courthouses, public schools, and the like. The Constitution ofthe United States was written to protect our rights from this very thing...intrusion by the government, ANY BRANCH, OFFICE, or ENTITY of the government, PERIOD!!!

But I digress...I am there with you all in spirit, if not in body.

Dave R

Superlite27

imported post

From the city workers who posted the signs to any cop who violates a citizen's civil rights over this, "I was just following orders" isn't going to cut it.

This is why folks need to carry a copy of Washington's state preemption law. Read this to any public official who hassles you and state that they've been notified of Washington law negating the Seattle ban.

Their claim that they are "only acting under orders" is now moot. They've been informed of orders from a higher authority.

Then tell them they'll be named individually in any lawsuits.

I'd love to know if this negates their qualified immunity.

Tawnos

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
From the city workers who posted the signs to any cop who violates a citizen's civil rights over this, "I was just following orders" isn't going to cut it.

This is why folks need to carry a copy of Washington's state preemption law. Read this to any public official who hassles you and state that they've been notified of Washington law negating the Seattle ban.

Their claim that they are "only acting under orders" is now moot. They've been informed of orders from a higher authority.

Then tell them they'll be named individually in any lawsuits.

I'd love to know if this negates their qualified immunity.
Not technically needed. Officers are presumed to know the laws, and the AG's opinion on this only makes it more presumed that the law is known.

redboneshadow

imported post

Citizens for the 2nd amendment group: have about 10 so far that will be there so you have some kind of an idea as to more room. Will update when more respond.

Mike Cheney----President

redboneshadow

imported post

Undertaker wrote:
knight_308 wrote:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010065107_webgunban14m.html

"It's common sense to prohibit guns in places where kids and young adults play and learn."
I think it would be "common sense" to wear clothes when bike riding inplaces where kids and young adults play and learn also. :banghead:
It also makes good sense to lock up the criminally insane. Someone get me a net for nickel's and mcginn.:cuss: