• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun - Does anyone like AK's?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

2mq83s2.jpg
Be prepared!...

Not just the Boy Scout motto!

Mini14

imported post

expvideo, love your AK's mods; how did you get that stock modified? Got my WASR10 in '07, I pimped it with a krebs ghost ring sight; I added both a Galil handguard and a KVR internal heatshield, too. My final modification was to paint the front sightpost neon green.

Said AK has been100% reliable with Wolf SP. I intend to further modify it, by using adouble recoil pad for a stock extension; a double recoil pad is when you replace the screw-in butt platewith a screw-in recoil pad. Afterwards, you put a slide-on recoil padatop said recoil pad. This tactic shouldalso work wonders, for helping people shoot Mausers and like rifles better.

Mini14

imported post

Hey Author:

Tec 9, AP 9, or KG99? People laugh at those machine pistols, but use what you can make work personally. I'd like to experiment with all three, to see what expanding point rounds work in them.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Tec DC9 is what I have there, but if you could get the KG99 it would be an excellent addition to any collection. They are not as common, and are better made IMO. I love mine though, and contrary to popular belief it is extremely reliable. The only jam I've had in 200 rouds was a bad round.

Mini14

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Tec DC9 is what I have there, but if you could get the KG99 it would be an excellent addition to any collection. They are not as common, and are better made IMO. I love mine though, and contrary to popular belief it is extremely reliable. The only jam I've had in 200 rouds was a bad round.
What modifications(if any)did you make to said gun? What tips do you have those interested in the Tec DC 9? Thank you in advance.

Mini14

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:

Mini14

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
All I did was polish the feed ramp. Other than that she is bone stock.
What kind of sand paper did you use? If you manually cycleddummy rounds through a gun, would that polish the feed ramps?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I actually used a polishing head on my dremel and buffed it lightly. I am sure that A few hundred rounds fired would do the trick. I just had too much free time on my hands. If you have a Tec 9 that might not be feeding properly, this might help. Otherwise, don't mess with it as the company isn't aroundto back up their warranty :(.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Since you got it before the AWB, can I assume that it still has the threadedbarrel, bayonet lugs and original wood forearm grip? If so, there are a few people I know on http://www.theAKforum.net that would love to throw a little more than $500 at you.

Yes it does... and noI won't. 'Got a chrome lined barrel too. 'Took near 20 years to get it the way it is... 'cause nobody made the parts I wanted. The lug's trimmed so Russian and E. German bayonets will 'lock' also. Eat yer heart out! :p

'Ya know you can near set them wood foregrips on fire with a couple rapid mags or an RPK drum? (Got a few of those back when for $25. ea. too) That fore end pistol grip ain't for looks.

KansasMustang

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Wow,I'm really sick! I just bought an RPK today. My wife is definitely going to kill me!:banghead: I had to though. $412 shipped and delivered? Who could pass that up? Now... who wants to play GI vs VC?:celebrate
Oh wow .40_Cal you tryna give me flashbacks? I carried an AK as backup for a while when I was crawlin through the jungle to my next "target". Didn't trust just having a 1911A1 and as a sniper it was sometimes a little difficult to extract out of the situation you'd gotten yourself into in the event of a mission complete. I'm not enamored of them but respectful of the ease of operation and cleaning etc. Throw em in a mud puddle come back 2 weeks later wipe em off and put a quart of oil on 'em and rock and roll. Only thing I don'y like is they're inaccuracy, a "spray and pray" in my opinion. Course, with "one shot, one kill", as your motto,,,
BTW, I'm thinkin you're getting a real Obsessive compulsive hang up on AK's ;):celebrate Ha ha!