• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Ownership Project

HP995

Is gun ownership now considered by the awe inspiring and trendsetting navelgazers and hatemongers at the dear old Uni to be a product of whiteness and patriarchy?

:unsure:

Perhaps searching for a real encounter with some fictional made-for-TV fake racist, sexist, whitey, manny recollections with a bad Suthin accent such as "Yep my pappy and granpappy always warned me bout the wetbacks and the nee-groes, to always have plenty of lead ready to keep them and the wimminfolks in line" etc?

Or could it be more like "My mama always warned me about the white folks - don't never trust them. So any mo cracker mofo's step into our hood, we gonna pop in a cap in they pretty white butts. I'mma get you sucka!"

So much for stories in search of stereotypes. 😆 Hey I know, how about tracking down a Bigfoot (equally likely to find in the real world) and ask why they DON'T use guns? (Seems like they would have the ability. Must be some reason on principle, right?)

All joking aside, because this is anything but funny, it seems seriously racist and not-overly-bright at first glance to limit a study to white males (likely the target of a brown-nose-the-professor inspired vendetta) when women and people of many races, creeds, and social groups have contributed to guns and gun culture.

Did Annie Oakley no longer exist, in the eyes of the University? Just because it's an inconvenient truth in an age when fake "Moms against Whatever" are preferred by liberal leaning professors?

Are Nat Love and other black gunslingers of history also wiped clean from the new revised record cuz they don't fit the narrative?

Why not interview that NRA good old boy, Colion Noir, and his homies? Wrong color? Wrong side of town? Even though people can "identify" as a race or gender or heritage that doesn't match their genetic details, blacks can't identify as gunowners? Colored folks can't be trusted to think for themselves, have to steer them in the right direction? :mad:

Fact is, guns are tools made for and owned by all sorts of people. As long as they're fully LEGAL Americans who pledge allegiance to our flag and respect our sacred Constitution and our equality under God and the law, I couldn't really care less who the hell they are. (Though I do give more credence to true genetic details than wild-eyed identify-as classifications or classroom mantras.)

Degrees are fine as far as paper goes - mighty nice piece of paper - but so many people spend years and piles of money without realizing that the very first step of learning is honesty and consistency. Without those, you can never attain good arguments, much less true intellectual achievements.

It's never too late to embrace them and start experiencing REAL life and learning! Then a higher academic degree will represent the corresponding level of wisdom and experience, not just a piece of paper earned by the dubious practice of kissing up and parroting any insane garbage spouted by America-hating buffoons hiding in the darker shadows of academia and giving their fellow scholars a bad name. I hope honesty and consistency is the path you'll take.

There might be assumptions here as to your intentions, but with extremely good reasons considering the trends - 9 of 10 studies or interviews of this type are dishonestly biased. We want the best for you, us, and our nation! 🇺🇸

poetdante

Is gun ownership now considered by the awe inspiring and trendsetting navelgazers and hatemongers at the dear old Uni to be a product of whiteness and patriarchy?

:unsure:

Perhaps searching for a real encounter with some fictional made-for-TV fake racist, sexist, whitey, manny recollections with a bad Suthin accent such as "Yep my pappy and granpappy always warned me bout the wetbacks and the nee-groes, to always have plenty of lead ready to keep them and the wimminfolks in line" etc?

Or could it be more like "My mama always warned me about the white folks - don't never trust them. So any mo cracker mofo's step into our hood, we gonna pop in a cap in they pretty white butts. I'mma get you sucka!"

So much for stories in search of stereotypes. 😆 Hey I know, how about tracking down a Bigfoot (equally likely to find in the real world) and ask why they DON'T use guns? (Seems like they would have the ability. Must be some reason on principle, right?)

All joking aside, because this is anything but funny, it seems seriously racist and not-overly-bright at first glance to limit a study to white males (likely the target of a brown-nose-the-professor inspired vendetta) when women and people of many races, creeds, and social groups have contributed to guns and gun culture.

Did Annie Oakley no longer exist, in the eyes of the University? Just because it's an inconvenient truth in an age when fake "Moms against Whatever" are preferred by liberal leaning professors?

Are Nat Love and other black gunslingers of history also wiped clean from the new revised record cuz they don't fit the narrative?

Why not interview that NRA good old boy, Colion Noir, and his homies? Wrong color? Wrong side of town? Even though people can "identify" as a race or gender or heritage that doesn't match their genetic details, blacks can't identify as gunowners? Colored folks can't be trusted to think for themselves, have to steer them in the right direction? :mad:

Fact is, guns are tools made for and owned by all sorts of people. As long as they're fully LEGAL Americans who pledge allegiance to our flag and respect our sacred Constitution and our equality under God and the law, I couldn't really care less who the hell they are. (Though I do give more credence to true genetic details than wild-eyed identify-as classifications or classroom mantras.)

Degrees are fine as far as paper goes - mighty nice piece of paper - but so many people spend years and piles of money without realizing that the very first step of learning is honesty and consistency. Without those, you can never attain good arguments, much less true intellectual achievements.

It's never too late to embrace them and start experiencing REAL life and learning! Then a higher academic degree will represent the corresponding level of wisdom and experience, not just a piece of paper earned by the dubious practice of kissing up and parroting any insane garbage spouted by America-hating buffoons hiding in the darker shadows of academia and giving their fellow scholars a bad name. I hope honesty and consistency is the path you'll take.

There might be assumptions here as to your intentions, but with extremely good reasons considering the trends - 9 of 10 studies or interviews of this type are dishonestly biased. We want the best for you, us, and our nation! 🇺🇸
Myself and 2 other forum members have spoken to OP and agree there was no sjw

poetdante

For those focusing on the white male criteria, please keep the OP’s project in context.

He is a grad student, this is not for his PhD dissertation . White males are statistically the largest group of gun owners. He reached out here because he had only, when I spoke with him, had a few people he had talked to. This project doesnt need 100 people in it, just a dozen or so for a masters degree thesis. So of course the obvious choice would be the largest group you could find.

HP995

Dang, I forgot - white male gun owners is so much larger of a group than all gun owners. Stupid me! Thank God all studies must be on a certain gender, racial group, or whatever to keep the citizenry divided.

Glad this might be on the level. (Never judge a person or project based on whether it's a nice reasonable-sounding, understanding talker. Many have gone down in flames that way, totally surprised when things turned out differently than the tone of the tallk.) We'll see. But if it is, welcome to the forum! Many highly-educated among the ranks of gun owners, just as there are various races (um, but only two real genders) represented among us. :)

eye95

For those focusing on the white male criteria, please keep the OP’s project in context.

He is a grad student, this is not for his PhD dissertation . White males are statistically the largest group of gun owners. He reached out here because he had only, when I spoke with him, had a few people he had talked to. This project doesnt need 100 people in it, just a dozen or so for a masters degree thesis. So of course the obvious choice would be the largest group you could find.
Great. If he were doing a study of white male gun-owners, I’d participate. But I WILL NOT be lumped in with creatures who “identify as a white male”. That is SJW nonsense that will skew the numbers.

poetdante

Great. If he were doing a study of white male gun-owners, I’d participate. But I WILL NOT be lumped in with creatures who “identify as a white male”. That is SJW nonsense that will skew the numbers.
Fair enough. It might be a requirement based on UofL’s policies or so he can get enough participats. I dont know that he would actually find a gender-identity type person.

Ghost1958

I will say the OP agreed to sign a binding document the he would not edit what I said should I participate.

solus

I will say the OP agreed to sign a binding document the he would not edit what I said should I participate.

Of course he agreed Ghost1958...I am sure Sacha Baron Cohen & his legal team stipulated the same terms and conditions?

gutshot II

Fair enough. It might be a requirement based on UofL’s policies or so he can get enough participats. I dont know that he would actually find a gender-identity type person.
I will be glad to participate. Poetdante, can you put me in touch with OP? I am not afraid that I will be easily made to look a fool and if I am wrong, it won't be the first time or the last. The first thing that I intend to do is apologize for some of the remarks made here. I can't understand why some of us feel it necessary to insult people. It would be very easy and reflect more positively on us as a group to just remain silent if you don't want to be part of this.

solus

Sorry poetdante, PLEASE keep in contextual mind what if the research were geared towards only Serbs, or Croats or Albainians

Your associate is perpetrating ethnic & gender biases all under the guise of educational ‘research’ which lack validity & repeatability and is absolutely bogus nonsense!

solus

I will be glad to participate. Poetdante, can you put me in touch with OP? I am not afraid that I will be easily made to look a fool and if I am wrong, it won't be the first time or the last. The first thing that I intend to do is apologize for some of the remarks made here. I can't understand why some of us feel it necessary to insult people. It would be very easy and reflect more positively on us as a group to just remain silent if you don't want to be part of this.

Kudos gutshot...take one for the team.

solus

One must always complete the teacher's assignment to earn a good grade...even in college.

A minor leap of faith, i am sure the Louisville Uni’s Catalogue, course’s syllabus & course curriculum outlining course work as well as professor oversight all instill a level of ethics as this individual is not a newbie to academic integrity to still earn a grade to an exemplary one.

eye95

I don’t see anyone here insulting anyone.

If views of people who are actual, demonstrable white males are combined with the views of those who “identify” as white males, then the results will be skewed, presenting a distorted view of what white males in general believe. I won’t be party to that—whether or not such skewing is the goal.

If someone finds such a reality to be an insult, that is on the person feeling insulted.

Ghost1958

Ah , the man, the myth, the legend , leaping to the forefront to apologise for others words he never spoke Fair winds and tight lines on the quest Sir Gut.

poetdante

Sorry poetdante, PLEASE keep in contextual mind what if the research were geared towards only Serbs, or Croats or Albainians

Your associate is perpetrating ethnic & gender biases all under the guise of educational ‘research’ which lack validity & repeatability and is absolutely bogus nonsense!

It is sociology, not a hard science. Standards are not rigorous. In fact, he is right to make his study narrowly focused.