• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help me choose

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
Lurchiron wrote:
hduc2005 wrote:
I'm looking at buy a new gun I have had two glocks now one a 23 40cal and a 21 45cal

I thinking of getting a glock 22 or 23 (full size or compact)
your thoughts please good or bad

My thoughts are, it's OK to use plastic to buy metal; but notto use metal to buy plastic.

Get a good 1911, it'll be an heirloom.

With that I shall now duck & reload before the plastic posse shows up :dude:.
“The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

“Is the 1911 .45 an outdated design”
Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits. It came from an era where it was the norm to learn how your weapon operated and to practice that operation until it became second nature, not to design the piece to the lowest common denominator. It came from an era in which our country tried to supply its fighting men with the best tools possible, unlike today, when our fighting men and women are issued hardware that was adopted because of international deal-making or the fact that the factory is in some well-connected congressman’s district.
Yes, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the 1911 IS an outdated design….and that’s exactly what I love about it.
– Rosco S. Benson

Personally, I think those two quotes sum it up nicely :D
maybe a screen name change is in order..1911meister ? :cool: the 1911 is a fine choice & excellent platform, I have owned a few. some people today like the newer designs & to each their own, right. 1911 - 8 shots , Glock21 - 13 shots...
The Glock 21 was my first gun and had it not been so freaking thick I'd have kept it. I still like Glocks as they are a great firearm for the money but even the 21SF is still huge. I've been a 1911 guy for a long time and I don't see that changing anytime soon. What I like about it is the thin grip and profile, the short trigger pull, and the history of it. It's been around for almost a hundred years with only slight upgrades to the original design. I can't say that about any other sidearm still in use by certain military and law enforcement agencies.

To each their own, but imho I think everyone should try a 1911 at least once.