• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help with Gun Club/Range

Uziel Gal

I need more range time. With the high cost of ammo and everything else hourly range time has become harder to pay for when I need it the most. I would like to join a club or a range that is affordable, friendly would be nice, and looking for a new member. Indoor or Outdoor but I'd like at least some option for rifle rounds. I'm in Milwaukee but I'd be willing to travel a reasonable distance for the right place. I want to shoot regularly so in S.E. Wisconsin. If you are a member at a club or range, or even just heard about one, and would like to provide any information that would be a great help. If you are planning on going to your club or range and want to show a newbie around that would be even better. Thanks.

Carmmond

I need more range time. With the high cost of ammo and everything else hourly range time has become harder to pay for when I need it the most. I would like to join a club or a range that is affordable, friendly would be nice, and looking for a new member. Indoor or Outdoor but I'd like at least some option for rifle rounds. I'm in Milwaukee but I'd be willing to travel a reasonable distance for the right place. I want to shoot regularly so in S.E. Wisconsin. If you are a member at a club or range, or even just heard about one, and would like to provide any information that would be a great help. If you are planning on going to your club or range and want to show a newbie around that would be even better. Thanks.

Not a club but I like the all day rates...

http://www.mcmillershootingcenter.com/rifle_pistol_ranges.htm

MKEgal

Don't know how "reasonable" you'd consider this, but I very much like the facilities at the Berlin Conservation Club.
A yearly membership is $5. (No, that's not a typo - five dollars.)

http://www.berlincc.org/

They have a 50-yd pistol range, 100-yd rifle range, trap, skeet, archery (indoors & out), covered shooting stations, clubhouse, firepit, stocked fish pond for kids... A nice facility.

One way from Milwaukee is about 90 miles, but I did the cost calculations & if I stay 2 hours or more it costs less to drive up there than it would to go to Fletcher's in Waukesha (which is usually where I'd be during the winter).

Stone Bank Sportsmen's Club is accepting new members.
http://www.wisbsc.com/
It's north & a bit west of Waukesha, "just over the Dodge County line". Also a nice facility.
$100 initiation, $75 / year + 15 work hours / year.
Must be an NRA member (available through the club).

Stone Bank has a nonprofit educational org. headquartered on the premises:
Heritage Shooting http://www.heritageshooting.org/
They teach classes of all sorts, & run all-day shooting clinics once a year for kids & once a year for women.
I've volunteered at both, & they're fun.

Closer to Milwaukee is Daniel Boone, which is much more expensive both to join & to maintain membership in.
http://www.dbcl.org/
They're near Holy Hill.

Last edited:

DangerClose

Shiocton range run by the police department. A bit of a drive, but it's a $3 donation fee for all day, or an hour if it's really busy. I think it rarely gets really busy.

Outside range, so not a fun place to shoot at in January.

protias

+1 on the Berlin Conservation Club. It is about a 45 minute drive, but well worth it.

pachanga22

I am a member at Stone Bank and on the Board of Heritage. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
If you are interested in checking out the facilities, let me know and I can meet you out there sometime.

The thing I like best is we are a small club and most times it is like having a private range.

Scott
:lol:

Outdoorsman1

Kinda far (Silver Lake WI. - Kenosha County) but I have a range available.. (Silver Lake Sportsmans Club)... Some members here have shot there before... Pistol, Rifle, Archery, and Skeet....

Welcome to join me anytime...

Outdoorsman1

Cobra469

I'm a member of the Racine County Line Rifle Club if you ever want to shoot there. Just shoot me a PM if you feel like shooting. Our membership is $60 + initial fees. Then you have so many hours you have to put in until you reach 100 and get your full membership. It is located by Oak Creek power plant so it isn't too far away.

Fast Ed

Hartland Sportsmans Club

I am a member of Hartland Sportsmans Club. We are the club that was shut down last year for losing a round out of the range that struck a woman at a local watering hole. We are in the process of working with the City of Delafield to re-open. This has been a long and expensive process. We have had support from powerful friends, but the fight is not over and could still be lost.

If you wish to see a range opened back up in Western Waukesha County that has a 50, 100, 200, trap, and silhouette ranges, please send letters of support to The City of Delafield, attention Mayor Ed McAleer. The address is 500 Genessee Street, Delafield, Wi. 53018. The mayor is a good guy. He is playing this straight down the line, making sure we get a fair shot, but not cheerleading for us.

We will be filing our application for Conditional Use soon and could use all the help we can get, so if you can spare the stamp, please send a letter of support.

If and when the club re-opens, it is just south of I-94, between Hwy SS and Hwy 83. Dues were $125 for the first year and $100 after that, with 15 work hours a year. Don't know what they will be if we can re-open, but they won't be ridiculous. If I had to guess, I would expect them to be the same or darn close to it.

Thanks for whatever help you can lend.

Fast Ed