• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

honest anwser please

jason84

i am looking tofind out how hard it would be to get a out of state permit from ri i currently live in ct but drive into ri (west warwick) 6 days a week i am only looking to carry in ri as i beleive it is my right and i want to exercise my right when ever i want. i am not a criminal of any sort and have served in the ct national guard for six years and i am still enlisted there is nothing i have ever done that would disqual me but i have heard around ct that ri barely ever issues a permit and when they do they put restrictions on when you can carry any info would be great

Jared

There is no basis in Rhode Island law to restrict a permit. Either one is licensed to carry concealed (Town Permit) or they are licensed to carry concealed or not (Attorney General) permit.

For a more detailed discussion please visit the forums on www.cralri.com

One last thing, not to be rude or anything, as we all make grammer mistakes; however, your post was extremely poorly writted. Again, no disrespect intended; however, can you please try to use better grammar to avoid headaches :)

Last edited:

Chief Campopiano

i am looking tofind out how hard it would be to get a out of state permit from ri i currently live in ct but drive into ri (west warwick) 6 days a week i am only looking to carry in ri as i beleive it is my right and i want to exercise my right when ever i want. i am not a criminal of any sort and have served in the ct national guard for six years and i am still enlisted there is nothing i have ever done that would disqual me but i have heard around ct that ri barely ever issues a permit and when they do they put restrictions on when you can carry any info would be great

RI is probably one of the toughest permits to acquire. I have mine, and I am certified in 17 other states, but the best advice I can give you is to keep trying. Learn your laws, study them and if it is that important for you to get, hire an lawyer. Goodluck!

lwheatcraft

There is no basis in Rhode Island law to restrict a permit. Either one is licensed to carry concealed (Town Permit) or they are licensed to carry concealed or not (Attorney General) permit.

For a more detailed discussion please visit the forums on www.cralri.com

One last thing, not to be rude or anything, as we all make grammer mistakes; however, your post was extremely poorly writted. Again, no disrespect intended; however, can you please try to use better grammar to avoid headaches :)

Goodness, I hope you were being sarcastic. "Grammer mistakes" and "poorly writted" posts are certainly difficult to read!

Jared

Goodness, I hope you were being sarcastic. "Grammer mistakes" and "poorly writted" posts are certainly difficult to read!

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I suppose trying to be funny is lost in translation on a keyboard.

Obviously a typo or two are understandable; however, reading a paragraph or even a page (use to be common on www.packing.org back in the day) can give a person a headache.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Let me know your results .. I'd be interested in how it turns out for you. Its too bad RI doesn't recognize CT permits ... You must love that mall in Warwick lol.

ctgunowner

I have family in RI so Im looking to get a permit as well.

Infuriates me that I have to get permits - anyone heard of the 2nd Amendment? Why can I protect myself in my home state but not out of state? So fn dumb.