• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Incident" @ Taco Bell...

Fisherman

I had this guy come through my line in the winter while it was freaking cold outside. He was clearly drunk and very much high. He had tats all over. He was a big dude, looked strong and was tall. Standing next to him was one of my coworkers. He was taller than the drunk man, and was probably stronger to boot.

The drunk man turned to my friend and said "Damn it is cold, it's made my nipples all hard. Here, touch my nipples, see how hard they are."

At the time, I was worried about my friend getting into a fight with this guy, I could see his hand make a fist and saw the anger in his eyes. Fortunately nothing happened and the drunk dude left without incident. There were a few other coworkers that whitnessed the incident and for weeks we all mocked him in the break room.

Anyway, that's my non-incident story. :lol:

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! LOL :lol:

I said SHUT UP!

Come on ol' buddy! Touch my nipples! Ha ha ha...

Whamo!

Fisherman

I am currently at 53.5 pounds lost, 248 to 194.5. 5'10". Belt size down from 44 to 36. I eat eggs (actually, the wife, who also has lost about 50 pounds, and I split an egg mixed with two egg whites) for breakfast everyday. Lunch and dinner almost always include 2 to 4 oz. of meat. I also eat a lot of beans. Protein is no problem.

The plan is to lose another 21.5 pounds, putting myself into the "ideal" range. I would not have thought this possible, but having so steadily lost what I have, while not damaging (actually improving) my health, I am now confident that, by the time I go on my trans-Atlantic cruise, I will be a svelte 173.

Good to hear you have maintained for two years. I have lost weight before (nowhere near this much) and can testify that maintenance is the tougher battle.

Good luck to you!

Good for you. How do you muster the will power? Eating is one of my number one hobbies. Kinda like California Carlson. Anybody remember him?

Fisherman

Bob probably walked in, looked at the menu and the cleanliness of the facilities and decided that taco bell was not a nice enough place for him to be seen in, let alone to dine there.

Yeah, that's it. Exactly! ;)

eye95

Good for you. How do you muster the will power? Eating is one of my number one hobbies. Kinda like California Carlson. Anybody remember him?

I love eating. It is immensely pleasurable. The plan I am on does not call for me to eat a lot less than I used to, just to eat more wisely. Of course, it helps to have a wife who is a genius at food preparation.

It also helps to know how much healthier a soft fresco taco from Taco Bell is than a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

Fisherman

I love eating. It is immensely pleasurable. The plan I am on does not call for me to eat a lot less than I used to, just to eat more wisely. Of course, it helps to have a wife who is a genius at food preparation.

It also helps to know how much healthier a soft fresco taco from Taco Bell is than a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

But but but... wisely doesn't taste as good. :cry:

eye95

But but but... wisely doesn't taste as good. :cry:

Sure it does. And I still enjoy a quarter pounder now and then. I just make tradeoffs. And I actually prefer my wife's new spaghetti sauce to her old one.

Currently at 57 lbs lost. 18 to go.

Not to lose the point in all the details: Folks can lose weight without giving up fast food. I regularly eat at Taco Bell and Subway. While at Taco Bell, I can now more easily draw my firearm, just in case Bob decides to stay and do bad things.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Not to lose the point in all the details: Folks can lose weight without giving up fast food.

+1

I used to weigh nearly 30 pounds more than I do (now 172).

I still eat all my favorite foods. Just, not as much of them. And I don't eat sugary candies or sodas or any of that kind of crap (wasn't a favorite of mine anyway, except soda which I drink in diet form now).

Add a little exercise, and my caloric surplus was eliminated. I lost weight, and have been stable at a healthy weight for over a year now.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Your number 5 may be a valid statement in its own right, but it has no place on the list I created. My list provides possible explanations for correlations between variables, of which committing a crime might or might not be one.

The list is abstract, not specific.

The conditions upon which you decide it doesn't belong are precisely what I'm poking a stick at...

Take some responsibility for the totality of facts. When Crime isn't really Crime, it fails to be a valid delimiter. 'Law Abiding' currently means nothing more than you turn a blind eye(95) because it's not your problem.

Yet.

It's all in the sig...

eye95

The conditions upon which you decide it doesn't belong are precisely what I'm poking a stick at...

Take some responsibility for the totality of facts. When Crime isn't really Crime, it fails to be a valid delimiter. 'Law Abiding' currently means nothing more than you turn a blind eye(95) because it's not your problem.

Yet.

It's all in the sig...

The fact remains that it does not belong to the list, is logically unrelated, and adds nothing to the point about correlation. Feel free to make yourpoint independent of my list; I won't waste my time addressing it. However, when you try to add it to a list I carefully thought out and on which no rational argument can be made that it belongs, I will point that non sequitur out.

Moving on.