• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this forum hipicritical or am i missing something (OC while writing this)

Bersa.380

I don't feel like wading through 2 pages of posts to figure out what is going on within this thread. So, I will say this ....

This website; at times, seems hypocritical, for instance the no LEO bashing rule. We all know of the recent Everett Police officer that got away with murder, there were a couple of threads that ran on this issue and were not deleted. I think it goes to say if you start a thread ….. I HATE COPS and then start bashing them (in general) it will get deleted. Yet these things need a place, YouTube, among other websites, is full of abusive cop video’s .. .. .. IT’S PART OF THE F#&KED UP WORLD WE LIVE IN.

Therefore; we need what other forums have ….. the “Hot Box” it’s an area where pretty much any topic goes, had a bad encounter with a LEO, voice it, had a bad encounter at the grocery store, voice it, you think the president of BP is a dillweed, voice it, you think the president of the USA is a dillweed, voice it, BUT no XXX stuff and if you can’t handle the “Hot Box” STAY OUT !

Also, why was the Barefoot Bandit post closed ? censorship ?

Totalitarian .. .. ..
Being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, website, company, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

Last edited:

Tomas

If other sites have what you feel you need, go there and take advantage of it, but in any case why should the folks who own and run this site make changes demanded by someone who readily admits they didn't even read THIS thread?

"Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's livingroom or office, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet.