• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just incase you didn't get the memo on the new proposed NJ Carry Bill

What do you to see happen with NJ Bill A1282 ?

• 2) I would like to see this Bill passed but also removing the part allowing restrictions to be plac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3) I would like for the current laws to remain the same and I am fine with that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mrjam2jab

imported post

If I'm reading it correctly....this not only removes the NEED JUSTIFICATION....but also would make NJ a "shall issue" state?

Requirements for the issuance of a 26 permit. A permit to carry a handgun shall be issued by the chief 27 police officer of the municipality in which the applicant resides or 28 the superintendent, as the case may be, if the applicant is not 29 subject to any of the disabilities set forth in subsection c. of 30 N.J.S.2C:58-3 and if the following additional requirements are 31 satisfied:

JAB

imported post

Mythoughtis yes. NJ would become a "Shall issue" State.For frame of reference I'm familiar with contract language, but am not an attorney, so this is my interpretation, but... That language is included on pg 9 under sub-section "d"; Requirements for the issuance of a permit:

"A permit to carry shall be issued by the chief police officer of the municipality in which the applicant resides, or the superintendent, as the case may be, if the applicant is not subject to any of the disabilities set forth ...." Ibelieve the Bill refers to theState Police Superintendent for issuing the permit if there is no municipality police chief.

c1ogden - You'resmartenough to move to Arizona, anyway! :cool:

mrjam2jab

imported post

JAB wrote:
Mythoughtis yes. NJ would become a "Shall issue" State.For frame of reference I'm familiar with contract language, but am not an attorney, so this is my interpretation, but... That language is included on pg 9 under sub-section "d"; Requirements for the issuance of a permit:

"A permit to carry shall be issued by the chief police officer of the municipality in which the applicant resides, or the superintendent, as the case may be, if the applicant is not subject to any of the disabilities set forth ...." Ibelieve the Bill refers to theState Police Superintendent for issuing the permit if there is no municipality police chief.

:cool:

Correct. Even now, I as a PA resident, may apply for a NJ permit...to the SP Superintendent....that already exists on the books. But..being may issue...I don't even bother trying...:banghead:

.45acp

imported post

Good Luck NJ. It sounds like you folks are making progress on educating your reps that restrictive gun laws don't reduce crime....armed law abiding citizens reduce crime.

Good on ya,

Locked and loaded on the border,

Steve