• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

K.A.R. 16-11-7. Signs

Jayhawk

imported post

Hello, I'm relatively new to the "gun world" here having bought my first pistol a few months ago (I'm already ready for another one!). Anyway I was enjoying reading the forums on Open Carry.

Now I just need you guys to help me make sure I understand something about the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act. The signage a business can put up to prohibit someone from carrying a concealed weapon is:

nogun-1.jpg

That in no way restricts open carry does it? So I could walk into a store with this sign up if I'm OCing?

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

well to me it says no beretta M9s 92s or clones.

but really if you see that sign dont take a gun in there, you could be arrested for trespassing no guns means no guns

Jayhawk

imported post

Yeah I see what you are saying, I'm aware that if a business does go through the effort to put up this sign they would likely not want a gun in their business. I'm not trying to stir up any locals and understand that if they do ask me to leave I have to leave.

But as for the cut and dry legality of it, that sign means "no concealed weapons".

Am I right about that?

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jayhawk wrote:
Yeah I see what you are saying, I'm aware that if a business does go through the effort to put up this sign they would likely not want a gun in their business. I'm not trying to stir up any locals and understand that if they do ask me to leave I have to leave.

But as for the cut and dry legality of it, that sign means "no concealed weapons".

Am I right about that?
yea from what I have understood, I have spent many night reading over local code and state codes, and most everything only references CC rather than OC which is rarely mentioned