• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Kroger

DrakeZ07

Why does everybody from out of town get so butthurt over gutshot's increased font size?

It seems nobody can refute what he is saying so they must start on superficial things.

He is also ugly, do we need to bring that up too?

Judge the man by what he does/says, not by what you think he is saying and definitely not by his slightly larger text size.

He's not ugly, he's aged to perfection. :3

papa bear

What is a "public invitation" license? Looked up what permits you need to open a grocery in KY. http://onestop.ky.gov/start/Pages/default.aspx
All you need as far as operational permits is the retail grocer, which requires inspection by a plumber and health department. Cant find anywhere that you give up the right to refuse service because of "public invitation".

first there are zoning laws( you just can't put a business where you want), OSHA laws, fair labor acts, discrimination acts, disability act, health inspections (weather you cook or not), fire safety inspections, ETC,ETC...

the poiont being, when you open a business "open to the public" you open yourself up to all kinds of intrusive laws. hopefully our constitutional rights will be protected

XD40sc

We all need to consider what "following state law" means. It does not mean blindly accepting anyone and everyone or any and all conduct while a visitor to a store is in possession of a firearm. In my opinion, it just means that they do not have an automatic policy one way or the other and they try to stay out of the issue and accomodate both sides. It does not mean "fighting for your right to carry", although those kinds of businesses do exist. It means that in "some" circumstances they "may" not object to a law abiding citizen carrying a firearm while acting in a responsible manner as long as it does not interfere with their business. When, in their opinion, it does interfere with their business they may very well continue to "follow state law" by asking the visitor to leave. If their trusted employee, absent a policy either way, can come up with a plausible reason for asking a paying customer to leave, I would expect the employer to back him up. If I were the employee, I'd demand they back me up. If some anti throws a screaming fit in the middle of the store, they may feel the best thing for everyone is to ask you to leave and then come back some other time. My point is that even if the policy is to allow carry, there may be times or circumstances when the manager feels it best to do what he thinks is best for the circumstances and you may not be aware of those circumstances. I feel confident in saying that if a business owner (or his representative) is presented with the option of either banning firearms or going out of business, firearms will be banned.

No, the screaming ******* is the problem, not the person with the gun, the person that chose to make a scene. Stupidity again is like a the race card, played as the trump card. What's next, just like our schools when someone wears a t-shirt that quotes the 2A of the Constitution, or <gasp> a picture of a gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

XD40sc

OP, been back to the store to see if it is now posted? If so take a picture and send it to their home office and ask if this is policy.

papa bear

The lack of the same rights does not equate to them having no rights. Again, refuse to leave when a business asks you to and let me know how that works for you. I don't operate in what I believe is coming in the future. Here and now says that if I have a firearm and the business asks me to leave(or if they ask me to leave or cursing, a 1A protection), I am to leave or will be arrested for trespass. I'm still not being arrested for carrying in the business. Having worked in retail before I have had to ask people to leave (non firearms related) and of course they spouted off about how they didn't have to. The police didn't agree nor did the judges. :rolleyes:

OK. next time try telling the health inspector, fire marshal, zoning inspector, or minority, handicapped, gay couple they can not come on your private property. of course you will have to pick them up after that laugh their heads off

right now the law is on their side, but i see no reasons the laws can't be changed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OK. next time try telling the health inspector, fire marshal, zoning inspector, or minority, handicapped, gay couple they can not come on your private property. of course you will have to pick them up after that laugh their heads off

right now the law is on their side, but i see no reasons the laws can't be changed
Depends on what type of private property. If a retail business, then I agree you cannot restrict entry to those having a legal right . If however the private property is your personal residence, you can most certainly refuse to allow the last three.

eye95

here is how I handle workers for a publicly traded company:

I tell them I own 20,000 shares of stock and he/she better change his attitude in 2 seconds. Oddly enough, they always change their attitude.

Man, this guy has been BEDE*.

*Been everywhere, done everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

papa bear

Depends on what type of private property. If a retail business, then I agree you cannot restrict entry to those having a legal right . If however the private property is your personal residence, you can most certainly refuse to allow the last three.

Well yeah GRAPE, There are three types of businesses. One is open to the public, like most retail,or stores. Second, is private membership, like bars, or lounges. Also, that would include shopping clubs. The third is closed to public, this would be like manufacturers. Only employees and invited guest can enter.

I just question how my constitutional right harms them in any way. It is just a visual thing. Everybody knows it is not the same thing I will use the cigarette point. If a business wants to band smoking, you would still be allowed to carry your pack in, as long as you don't light light up. We all know that smoking is not a right. I feel as long as you are not shooting up the place, you are not harming anyone

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...If some anti throws a screaming fit in the middle of the store, they may feel the best thing for everyone is to ask you to leave and then come back some other time...
Yes, they may, but this is precisely the approach that "we" need discourage them or any other business from taking - throwing out well-behaving, paying customer because of the irrational reaction of another customer.

This is a situation that I have never before experienced here on OCDO. I have both BB62 and davidmcbeth aligned against me. That being the case, my level of confidence that I am right increases to near 100%.
Evidently you have a problem with reading comprehension - leading to a desire to insult rather than address the meat of my post.

I thought you were better than that.

Last edited:

eye95

I would not put BB62 and that other poster mentioned in the same category. I may not always agree with BB62, but I have a lot of faith in his character. Treating the two as somehow similar is a horrible and insupportable insult to BB62.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

OC for ME

You guys just don't get it. The part about "screaming" was a made up example of what some business owner "might" do. It didn't actually happen and I didn't suggest that it should happen or that I would approve if it did happen. Once again, you poor readers need to read the text that you are so good at quoting. I'm beginning to think my font isn't large enough for some of you to read, because you sure don't comprehend what's written there. I do it for my vision, but think I might need to enlarge it to improve the comprehension of some of you.
Please, use bigger font. I can't find my cheaters and enlarging the screen to see all these teeny tiny words is starting to give me a headache.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Such as? In this particular type of instance ... he leaves w/o complaint and comes back later to do business. Nothing more. Leaving the protection of gun rights to someone else, right?

Well, I'm back and it appears that he has done some things ... but in the instance of property rights of natural v. non-natural persons I think he needs to re-view his opinions ~~ I think that they are not correct...so, specific to this thread .. a correction or clarification.

DrakeZ07

Don't you two have your own state-forums to troll and mess around in? or did they call your mommies to come pick you both up?

Jesus, We're a friggen Gun rights forum, not a damn pre-school. Quit baiting and trolling and attacking people, or get the Frichen out. I'm sure you two can pick on some new guy in the social lounge and get more laughs out of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The topic of this thread is "Kicked out of Kroger".

If that has reached a conclusion fine, but there will be no more personal insults, innuendos, or negative character references. We are supposed to be better than that.

Back on topic please or anticipate that adjustments will be made.

willy1094

Back to this again???? I have NEVER once said that any of these listed people could be thrown out (without reason)! That's not the question of this thread. BUT, you CAN in fact be asked to leave if you are carrying and the store does not want you to carry in THEIR business. You can also be thrown out for offensive language/clothing. You can be thrown out for acting suspicious (suspected of attempting to steal). The health inspector, fire marshal, zoning inspector have a duty to be there so the lump them in with anyone else is goofy. A minority can be asked to leave. A handicapped person can be asked to leave. A gay person can be asked to leave. While they are "protected", if they are doing something that the business feels is disrupting to their business, bye bye.

Now addressing my own private property. If an inspector/LEO shows up acting under the color of law, they may come on and do their appointed duty with little room for me to object. I could (I wouldn't) tell anyone else to leave for any reason. I could tell an African American to leave because I do not like the color of his/her skin (this is NOT my feelings, example only).

Anyway, lets move past "well these people can" and get back to the point of the thread. If you want to debunk me go ahead a try but stick to the points I made. I never did or never will say there are not SOME things/people you are forced to allow to have an open to the public business. Now that is out there (not that it ever wasn't), lets hopefully stop going in this circle. Or I'll spell it out. Cite me where 1A or 2A protects you from being asked/told to leave a business. Also, if asked to leave and you refuse, please tell me what protections you have to keep you from being arrested for trespass? Just because you want them does NOT mean you have them.

I will end by saying that I do not believe you shouldn't fight for a change in policy at the business. The time and place is not right after being asked to leave. For example, in this case, the OP could have placed his firearm in his vehicle and come back in to see if there was a manager that is higher up the chain. If not, ask when that person may be in. Maybe that was the highest manager for that store. In that case you contact district or regional manager(s), or go straight to corp. management.

Last edited:

papa bear

OK WILLY, it looks like we are in agreement. somebody just wants to argue. you can as per the law stands now, be told to leave some ones property for a constitutional activity, and having a lot of good sense.

would you support a law that would NOT allow some one from kicking you out of a "open to the public" place for a constitutional activity, and for have very good common sense?

note that me wearing a fire arm does not do anything to lessen their rights. especially if you go by yours (and everybody else) rights end at your nose. side note, that is one of the reasons i am against tobacco and marijuana smoking since it takes away the rights of others to breath free. i feel you can eat it all you want to

Mattimusmaximus

OK WILLY, it looks like we are in agreement. somebody just wants to argue. you can as per the law stands now, be told to leave some ones property for a constitutional activity, and having a lot of good sense.

would you support a law that would NOT allow some one from kicking you out of a "open to the public" place for a constitutional activity, and for have very good common sense?

note that me wearing a fire arm does not do anything to lessen their rights. especially if you go by yours (and everybody else) rights end at your nose. side note, that is one of the reasons i am against tobacco and marijuana smoking since it takes away the rights of others to breath free. i feel you can eat it all you want to

On your side note I agree! Smoking sections is like a peeing section in a pool it doesn't work. Love my mother to death but when she comes over we have a non smoking community so she has to walk to the street to light it up

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-