• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife pulled on me defendent charged with assault 2

Gunslinger

Cite, or it's just a moronic claim.

Why would someone take a more expensive product, and use it to treat a less expensive product. In the end, they LOSE MONEY!

On Noze, heroin in pot -- and they didn't tell you or CHARGE MORE!

I'd be more likely to believe someone saying Kratom abuse was prevalent among soldiers in Viet Nam. At least that would make logical sense (local drug with long term widespread use in rural areas, cheap, available, effective simulating mild narcotics).

Cite please ;)

I did cite my source. And the fumes from the curing heroin cost nothing, so hanging weed over the fumes cost 'nothing.' True or not, I don't have any reason to disbelieve the Flight Surgeon and it made sense. Still does, what with the variety of drugs coming out of SEA back then. As I said, I didn't do drugs, so didn't really gas. As to being a "moronic" claim, where were you stationed during the war? Ever been to the Golden Triangle? Even know where it is? I'd suggest rethinking the use of 'moronic.'

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Good Lord people! What does pot in SEA during the Vietnam war have to do with this thread! I had to go back to #1 to make sure I didn't miss something.

amlevin

I never went down to the TZ to see if the bombs I dropped actually killed anyone. I heard they did through BDA. I never went to Laos to watch them cure heroin. Just heard they did. Didn't do drugs, so don't know what the effect was. Just heard it was bad. Never saw anyone rotting away with some strain of VD. Just heard they did. You ever go to the Golden Triangle to assertain they didn't hang pot over the curing fires for H? Or just heard they didn't? Never asked the FS about the story, although we got to be pretty good friends playing 4-5-6. Didn't doubt him; didn't give a **** as it wouldn't affect me. Some of the VD stories I discounted as hyperbole. Just the regular ones seemed to me to be bad enough.

Interesting how you dismiss all the other stories as hyperbole but are willing to accept the one about hanging weed over drying heroin.

Give this a read and you'll see that heroin is not "dried" over a fire, it's finished with Acetone.

http://www.unodc.org/pdf/research/Bulletin07/bulletin_on_narcotics_2007_Zerell.pdf

Sometimes "buddies" are the source of just as many unfounded stories and rumors as anyone else.

Just like the whole Open Carry Movement, some people keep passing bogus information that it's illegal. Why, because they heard if from someone else who knows someone who really knows.

Of course anyone that wants to believe that BS is true has the right to do so. Just don't expect others to follow suit.

Gunslinger

Interesting how you dismiss all the other stories as hyperbole but are willing to accept the one about hanging weed over drying heroin.

Give this a read and you'll see that heroin is not "dried" over a fire, it's finished with Acetone.

http://www.unodc.org/pdf/research/Bulletin07/bulletin_on_narcotics_2007_Zerell.pdf

Sometimes "buddies" are the source of just as many unfounded stories and rumors as anyone else.

Just like the whole Open Carry Movement, some people keep passing bogus information that it's illegal. Why, because they heard if from someone else who knows someone who really knows.

Of course anyone that wants to believe that BS is true has the right to do so. Just don't expect others to follow suit.

The pot was stirred until the morphine base had dissolved. The pot was
covered, and the reaction solution was allowed to stand for 45 minutes. >>>>>>>>>>>Then
the pot was placed on a fire, and the reaction solution was heated for another
30 minutes.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe that's when it happened, maybe not. I don't know. Vientiane was the only place I went in Laos and that was to buy silver jewelry. Unlike you, I consider the source when I determine what to believe or not lacking experential exposure. I don't dismiss things out of hand I haven't witnessed but apply the standard of credulity I'm comfortable with. The VD stuff was to scare the young Airmen, to me that was obvious. The curing story came from a credible source and didn't strain credulity. That is a doctrine I learned in Law School, failing physical confirmation, how credible is the source? Flight qualified MD...pretty credible to me. You believe what you choose with your standards. That doesn't marginalize my standards. As you can't disprove a negative, the discussion has lost interest. But your assumption that somehow you possess the superior knowledge of SEA is your opinion, backed by nothing substantive. Unless you were in the drug pushing business, of course.

Dave_pro2a

I never went down to the TZ to see if the bombs I dropped actually killed anyone. I heard they did through BDA. I never went to Laos to watch them cure heroin. Just heard they did. Didn't do drugs, so don't know what the effect was. Just heard it was bad. Never saw anyone rotting away with some strain of VD. Just heard they did.

If you didn't actually see anything first hand, WTF does it matter if I did or didn't serve in Viet Nam? I can still call BS on your BS.

As to being a "moronic" claim, where were you stationed during the war? Ever been to the Golden Triangle? Even know where it is? I'd suggest rethinking the use of 'moronic.'

Blah, blah, blah.

Gunslinger

If you didn't actually see anything first hand, WTF does it matter if I did or didn't serve in Viet Nam? I can still call BS on your BS.

Blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, another internet "warrior." I bet you would have served if they invaded Florida and you didn't wet yourself running away. I call BS on you, period, hero.

Dave_pro2a

Yeah, another internet "warrior." I bet you would have served if they invaded Florida and you didn't wet yourself running away. I call BS on you, period, hero.

You picked the right profile pic.

image.php

Last edited:

KBCraig

How in the heck did we get into this from the original post?

One starts, "Once upon a time...", and the other starts, "This is no sh**...."

Oh. Wait. I gave away the punchline too early, didn't I?

Crap. I hate it when I do that.

So, let me fix it: some crazy chick who drinks alcohol and smokes pot pulls a knife. The drug production trade of Southeast Asia is somehow involved, 40+ years later. Smoking pot is the same as injecting heroin.

Ooooookay. Gotcha.

amlevin

How in the heck did we get into this from the original post?

One starts, "Once upon a time...", and the other starts, "This is no sh**...."

Oh. Wait. I gave away the punchline too early, didn't I?

Crap. I hate it when I do that.

So, let me fix it: some crazy chick who drinks alcohol and smokes pot pulls a knife. The drug production trade of Southeast Asia is somehow involved, 40+ years later. Smoking pot is the same as injecting heroin.

Ooooookay. Gotcha.

Don't forget that the knife might well have been made in China, keeping the "Asian Connection" alive ;)