• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lafayette - Wednesday OC Lunch at Chik Fil A ...?

GONZO!!!

Everyone here knows the recent BS about the CEO of ChikFilA exercising his First Amendment right of freedom of speech when he stated that he believes in a traditional marriage. He NEVER said that it was corporate policy. This is his personal view. Well, we have all seen how the rabid foaming-at-the-mouth media and extreme left have reacted by calling on AUG 2nd boycotts, alderman and mayors stating that they will oppose any application for license to open a CFA in theri town, etc...so, on most public conservative talk radio there has been a movement to support CFA on AUG 1st.

Are there any OC'ers willing to gather for a respectful quiet lunch in support of CFA? We can meet at the CFA on 26. We can determine the time as this progresses.

CFA does not discriminate in their hiring policies nor do they discriminate in regards to who they serve. this was one person stating HIS view and exercising his constitutional right.

Thoughts, opinions, ideas...?

GONZO!!!

cce1302

That sounds fine. I won't be going down there, but I'm planning to OC at the Chic-fil-a in South Bend with my family today. the CFA here in SB has never had a problem with my OC.

Last edited:

GONZO!!!

Hi Team...

Jsut got back from lunch with friends at the Chik-Fil-A in Lafayette...let me say this...I am absolutely astounded at the turn out!!!!!! PHENOMENAL!

We got there about 11:50am and as I turned behind the Logan's Steakhouse on to teh access road behind the restaurant in orde to get to CFA, there was no where to go...cars were parked along the curb sides, in the grass lots behind the restaurtants. People were streaming from parked cars heading toward CFA. After we parked, we made our way to the line which wrapped the building along with the drive-thru line. There was no stopping. Not just older conservatives (like myself) but young families WITH THEIR CHILDREN IN TOW! happy people gathering, chatting and all in support. That I could visually see, there were about 8 OCers. I was standing right noext to a table with two uniformed LEOs who were there eating their lunch. They just looked at me and glanced at my cocked and locked 1911 adn went back to eating.

No one grabbed their children and hugged them close and said, "Look out, that man has a gun!" In fact, I had a very informative and friendly conversation with two people who thought I was a LEO and when I explained that I OC because the law of Indiana allows me to, they were really interested. They assumed I was a LOE because I had a shirt and tie on and well dressed. I may have gotten a few glances at my cocked nad locked 1911 but no one ever said anything negative nor did they offer a show of opposition.

What a fantastic, positive, family oriented atmosphere with tons of happy faces and laughter...AND several of us we supported OC in a crowded public restaurant in clear view of LEOs.

Wish more of us could have been there.

GONZO!!!!