• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake Meade open carry BBQ - May 1/2, 2010

greengum

imported post

Don I will give you a ride also if you still wanna go. I can use my work truck. Looks like I am also going to drive some other people too so it is no big deal. I won't be drinking either. This offer goes to any of you here on the forums who might need a ride. Just lemme know to make sure I have room for everyone.

doninvegas

imported post

greengum wrote:
Don I will give you a ride also if you still wanna go. I can use my work truck. Looks like I am also going to drive some other people too so it is no big deal. I won't be drinking either. This offer goes to any of you here on the forums who might need a ride. Just lemme know to make sure I have room for everyone.
Thanks for the offer, I see this is over 75 miles from my place...a little far for a barbecue I think..??
When I sugested a barbecue about a month ago i thought it would be a good idea to get togeather and maybe even draw in some of the public..I still do, but I think that is a bit far to travel...

I do think there can be more than one barbecue...perhaps one out at Lake mead which has been discussed, it will perhaps be more local and a more known area.

Don

Facejackets

imported post

if you don't mind id like to offer a bit of advise when it comes to even planning.

I see you guys always have a few people show up to the OCDO get togethers. I think you would get a whole lot more with a little bit better planning.

What another forum I frequent does works for them. Almost every meet has about 50 members show up.

They post a threas gauging interest, and post a poll for the dates.

When the poll closes they set the date, its usually about a month or 6 weeks ahead of the event when it is planned out completely.

We post the thread when all the details are figured out. That way everyone will know exactly where to be, and when.

I can almost promise you that you guys will have a much higher turnout if you did that.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, sorry if that's how it seems. I would really like to see the events have a bigger turn out, it helps us all out in the long run.

Sabotage70

imported post

If the location does get changed, we can try and find a place to shot at. Maybe even ohv friendly.

I don't know about Tread but I know you have a truck Don.

But once everything gets finalized. I have an EZ-UP shader as well as a 10'x20' shader that takes a little more effort to set up. I also have a BBQ that I can bring that can cook whole pack of burgers on.

Remmy

imported post

If I may, here are all the paved access camp grounds for Lake Mead....

Overton is pretty damn far so i wont be able to make it out there for that but if the location changes id definitely be up for this

Keeping in mind these campgrounds are paid with some limitations but the cost is pretty cheap and I think some of them have day use areas without a fee but that would have to be verified.
Lake Mead Camping
FEES/PERMITS

Entrance Fee
INDIVIDUAL
$3 for 5 Days
$20 for Annual

VEHICLE
$5 for 5 Days
$20 for Annual
Lake Mead National Recreation Area has entrance and lake use fees. Daily and annual passes can be purchased at the entrance stations.

CAMPING

All Campgrounds
Open All Year
Lake Mead NRA: National Park Service campgrounds offer restrooms, running water, dump stations, grills, picnic tables and shade. RV's, trailers and tents welcome. See individual campgrounds below. Concessioner campgrounds, including recreational vehicle hook-ups are also available within the park.

Boulder Beach
Open All Year
Boulder Basin area. 154 sites, 30 day limit.

Callville Bay
Open All Year
Boulder Basin area. 80 sites, 30 day limit.

Cottonwood Cove - lower campground
Open All Year
Lake Mohave area. 49 sites, 15 day limit.

Cottonwood Cove - upper campground
Open All Year
Lake Mohave area. 100 sites, 30 day limit.

Echo Bay
Open All Year
Overton Arm area. 166 sites, 30 day limit.

Katherine Landing
Open All Year
Lake Mohave area. 173 sites, 30 day limit.

Las Vegas Bay
Open All Year
Boulder Basin area. 89 sites, 30 day limit.

Temple Bar
Open All Year
East Lake Mead area. 153 sites, 30 day limit.

LODGING

Cottonwood Cove Resort
Open All Year
For More Information on this lodging please call (702) 297-1464

Echo Bay Resort
Open All Year
For More Information on this lodging please call (702) 394-4000

Lake Mead Lodge
Open All Year
For More Information on this lodging please call (702) 293-2074

Lake Mohave Resort at Katherine Landing
Open All Year
For More Information on this lodging please call (520) 754-3245

Temple Bar
Open All Year
For More Information on this lodging please call (520) 767-3211

FACILITIES

COTTONWOOD COVE RESORT AND MARINA
Open All Year
Phone - 1 (800) 255-5561
Location - Callville Bay area. Mailing address: P. O. Box 1000, Cottonwood Cove, NV 89046, (702) 297-1464
Available Facilities - Cafe, marina, boat rentals, houseboat rentals, auto/boat gas, dry boat storage, store, showers/laundry, motel, trailer village, RV sites, and NPS campground and launch ramp.

LAKE MEAD FERRY SERVICE
Phone - (702) 293-6180
Location - Boulder Beach area. From Alan Bible Visitor Center approximately 3.5 miles down Lakeshore Road, on your right. Mailing address: PO Box 62465, Boulder City, NV 89006-2465, (702) 293-6180
Available Facilities - Lake Mead Cruises & Desert Princess: Scheduled sightseeing tour boat service to and from Hoover Dam, breakfast and dinner cruises. Also has charter boat service.

LAKE MEAD RESORT
Phone - 1 (800) 752-9669
Location - Boulder Beach area. Mailing address: 322 Lakeshore Road, Boulder City, NV 89005, (702) 293-3484. Motel: (702) 293-2074
Available Facilities - Restaurant/lounge, marina, boat rentals, motel, store, dry boat storage, boat gas, personal watercraft rentals, limited boat/motor repair and NPS launch ramp.

LAKE MOHAVE RESORT
Open All Year
Phone - 1 (800) 752-9669
Location - Katherine Landing, AZ (520) 754-3245
Available Facilities - Restaurant/lounge, store, motel, auto/boat gas, marina, boat rentals, houseboat rentals, trailer village, RV sites, showers/laundry, dry boat storage, personal watercraft rental, NPS campground, boat/motor repair and NPS launch ramp.

LAKESHORE TRAILER VILLAGE BOULDER BEACH
Open All Year
Phone - (702) 293-2540
Location - Boulder Beach area. Address: 268 Lakeshore Road, Boulder City, NV 89005
Available Facilities - Within walking distance of Boulder Beach. Dry storage, shower and laundry (only available to tenants). Call for more information.

LAS VEGAS BAY MARINA
Phone - (702) 565-9111
Location - Las Vegas Bay area. Mailing address: PO Box 91150, Henderson, NV 89009, (702) 565-9111
Available Facilities - Restaurant/lounge, marina, boat rentals, dry boat storage, store, boat gas, boat/motor repairs and NPS campground and launch ramp.

OVERTON BEACH RESORT
Phone - (702) 394-4040
Location - Overton Arm area. Mailing address: Overton, NV 89040, (702) 394-4040
Available Facilities - Snack bar, marina, fuel dock, auto/boat gas, store, showers/laundry, trailer village, RV sites, dry boat storage, personal watercraft rental, limited boat/motor repairs and NPS launch ramp.

TEMPLE BAR RESORT
Open All Year
Phone - 1 (800) 752-9669
Location - Mailing address: PO Box 545, Temple Bar, AZ 86443-0545, (520) 767-3211
Available Facilities - Restaurant/lounge, motel, rustic cabin rentals, trailer village, RV sites, dry boat storage, store, marina, boat rentals, shower/laundry, boat/motor repairs, personal watercraft rental, auto/boat gas and NPS campground and launch ramp.

WILLOW BEACH HARBOR
Phone - (520) 767-4747
Location - Willow Beach. Mailing address: HC-37, Box 12; Willow Beach, AZ, 86445; (520) 767-4747
Available Facilities - Small store, boat rentals, boat gas, NPS launch ramp.

I say lets take some opinions then put a poll up on location then put a poll for the date...I know we have been talking about this type of thing on several of our meets but May is 2 weeks away. But if the date is solid and its closer to town ill make it but cant just commit to Overton.

Remmy

imported post

Theres also several day use areas, but I cant find them on the website for some reason, also you can basically camp or day use anywhere on the shore if its not developed.

greengum

imported post

OK. Lets do one of 2 things. Either we meet up in Boulder City on Sunday the 2nd and then all go to the lake together and set up camp OR I will be looking into this tonight, we can use my community area which includes a basketball court, horse shoes, pool, BBQ's, volleyball court, and an air conditioned room that we could set up for cold drinks or even a poker game. There is usually nobody there and I will even reserve the room just to make sure.

We need to have this set in stone in the next couple days. Please post with your comments, concerns, ideas, and input.

greengum

imported post

Well the club house is available. I need to put down a hefty deposit which I don't mind if we get a good turnout. Please post if you would rather meet up in Boulder City and do the lake. We need to make the decision up by Sunday so if you are interested post or PM.

Philthy Phil

imported post

Is there not some where to bbq and meet up at the "new" clark county gun range. Anyhow we can do something on saturday ???? we have ccw class on sunday :-(

Sabotage70

imported post

Philthy Phil wrote:
Is there not some where to bbq and meet up at the "new" clark county gun range. but we can do something on sunday ???? we have ccw class on sat :-(
They have a couple picnic tables there but I don't think we can BBQ there unless we where to get a camp sight at the bottom of the hill. Maybe some other time. This one is GodSpeeds baby and I think he really wants it out at the lake which is fine with me. About the only ones with a problem out at the lake is the ones with the scooters that are afraid on a little dirt action. ;)

Maybe a good happy medium would be at 8 mile road which would put us at the north side of Gov. wash.