• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mail....more government nonsense

Freedom1Man

noname762

So, the federal government owns all that is found in dumpsters then?

As a juror, I would say "not guilty," about that guy.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I stand with Freedom1Man. I don't remember the phrase exactly but the gist of it is this. If a local ordinance is written in such a way to probably benefit the local authority but NOT the local citizens of that area then it is merely a revenue collector and on the face of that alone it is a BAD ordinance. Based on this I'd vote the affected citizen not guilty. Perhaps if the locals vote this way often enough someone down at city hall might just realize it is time we strike down this ordinance and treat our citizens as ADULTS and not as errant children that need a spanking.

stealthyeliminator

But without government, who would deliver mail?

There is no practical way for mail to be delivered without government monopoly of the system and without coercive taxation to fund it. There's just no practical way. Please, stop with the idealistic impossibilities and just accept these immoral and illogical necessities. Unless you just want us to have no more mail, in which case we would surely plummet into anarchy, you uncivilized and immature purist.

sudden valley gunner

So, the federal government owns all that is found in dumpsters then?

As a juror, I would say "not guilty," about that guy.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Which contrary to a SCOTUS decision about who owns what once its thrown away.

I just find it horrific that the Federal prosecutor instead of thanking the man and looking into it threatens the man for exposing someone who isn't even part of his agency.

sudden valley gunner

There is no practical way for mail to be delivered without government monopoly of the system and without coercive taxation to fund it. There's just no practical way. Please, stop with the idealistic impossibilities and just accept these immoral and illogical necessities. Unless you just want us to have no more mail, in which case we would surely plummet into anarchy, you uncivilized and immature purist.

;) Spooner rolling over in his grave!

sudden valley gunner

I stand with Freedom1Man. I don't remember the phrase exactly but the gist of it is this. If a local ordinance is written in such a way to probably benefit the local authority but NOT the local citizens of that area then it is merely a revenue collector and on the face of that alone it is a BAD ordinance. Based on this I'd vote the affected citizen not guilty. Perhaps if the locals vote this way often enough someone down at city hall might just realize it is time we strike down this ordinance and treat our citizens as ADULTS and not as errant children that need a spanking.

Which is the overwhelming amount of "laws". Revenue collection and control.

TheRock

Where does it say he was threatened with federal prosecution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

You gotta warn me before posting something like this.

I just poured out half a glass of perfectly good scotch, thinking there was something wrong with it.

:D

(Lucky for you it wasn't very expensive. It was my weeknight scotch. So, you don't owe me very much. Less than a new keyboard. :p:))

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

You gotta warn me before posting something like this.

I just poured out half a glass of perfectly good scotch, thinking there was something wrong with it.

:D

(Lucky for you it wasn't very expensive. It was my weeknight scotch. So, you don't owe me very much. Less than a new keyboard. :p:))

lol, I'm pretty proud of myself for that one :D