• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun belt

Hey y'all

I just got a new gun belt and I am really impressed so I wanted to show everyone.
I got this from Daletch. It is the stitched bull hide belt with a roller buckle. The leather on this thing is really tough and durable. It is going to last me a long time.

gun%20belt%20review%201_zpsx1hw7rfj.jpg

Firearms Iinstuctor

I brought a Bianchi gun belt for duty use back in 78 and it is still going strong I good quality leather belt with proper care well last a long time.

It looks like this one should be around for a while.

grimtas

Nothing against the leatherworkers that do this for a living

When it was time to purchase a new carry belt, I decided to get a full custom rig made, holster, belt, and mag carrier. When I finally settled on a custom vendor that I liked, while pricy at nearly $500, i still had no issues wanting to order. Then I got the bad news the setup would take 18 months to complete. After I found that out I decided to look into making my own, i figured how hard could it be right I leather crafted in scouts decades ago..

Boy was I wrong, over $1000 into just tools and a few hides, I finally have my belt's (Made 5) and an IWB holster and matching mag holder.. I don't have a pic for the mag holder. I went through 4 versions ea before the final working holster for my and my wife's full size 1911, Rugar LC9, S&W M&P 9 Shield. I like the end results and have thus far really enjoyed the hobby. The most depressing part is the price of all the tools required, beyond that the leather is reasonable. I've made several wallets and other things as well, quite an enjoyable hobby.

Here's one of the belts, and the 1911 holster.

Now to make some OWB rigs as I decided I don't like IWB for my 1911 ;)

Edit: This was an early prototype, I was going for versatility of IWB/OWB the belt loop holes turned out terrible so the idea was scrapped. (I also bought better tools to make the belt loop holes more uniform)

Last edited:

grimtas

Thanks for the compliments. I don't intend to sell any; I will gladly will make stuff for friends for free. I'm too much of a perfectionist to ever demand payment for things I create (I'm never truly happy with the end results), I only get into this stuff as I figure I can do things for myself faster. It never ends up being cheaper :lol:

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Nice belts both. I am a traditionalist, so leather is always the best way to go. A good stiff belt must be the base of your rig. If you start with a bad belt, everything you attach to it will be less than it could be.
That said, the PRICE of a good belt is way too high. The largest employer in my area is Homeland Security. (things to come) and there is a bit of turnover. That allows me to shop at the local goodwill stores to take advantage of their turn-ins.
I am currently wearing a very nice Bianchi B4. A good heavy belt. Got one in tan, and one in black to suit my Sweet Baboo's dress codes. I picked up several of the Velcro belts, but I can only find them in black.
The point here is price. I have not paid more than ten US dollars for a belt and the B4 was US$7.99.

View attachment 12513 View attachment 12514

Last edited:

Maverick Lee

Opt-Out Members
I went to Ebay...typed in gun belts. Found excellent custom belts at a great price by someone with the handle "texasgunslingers." With a $45 price range and very stiff/thick design.

Very happy with my choice...and i'm picky.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited: